Start by marking “Brooklyn Brew Shop's Beer Making Book: 52 Seasonal Recipes for Small Batches” as Want to Read:
Brooklyn Brew Shop's Beer Making Book: 52 Seasonal Recipes for Small Batches

Brooklyn Brew Shop's Beer Making Book: 52 Seasonal Recipes for Small Batches

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Brooklyn Brew Shop’s Beer Making Book takes brewing out of the basement and into the kitchen. Erica Shea and Stephen Valand show that with a little space, a few tools, and the same ingredients breweries use, you too can make delicious craft beer right on your stovetop.

Greenmarket-inspired and seasonally brewed, these 52 recipes include Everyday IPA and Rose Cheeked &
Published November 1st 2011 by Clarkson Potter (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Brooklyn Brew Shop's Beer Making Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brooklyn Brew Shop's Beer Making Book

Benjamin
I love the premise of this book. You don’t need to spend thousands of dollars on a brew stand, dedicated fermentation chamber, or other toys to enjoy making beer at home. You also don’t need to make five gallons at a time; you can learn a lot from making one gallon batches if that is all the space or stove top power that you can manage. These are good messages to bring to the homebrew world.

That said, if you are a beginning brewer, you probably need a bit more instruction than is provided in thi
Kimberly
For a novice female brewer who's just starting out with home brewing, I bought myself this book at the Chocolate Maple Porter to kickstart my homebrew journey. After completing the book, I am very pleased with my choice.

Oh, don't worry, I also reserved Charlie Papazian's homebrewing books from the library and a few more to teach myself the science, lore and practicality of homebrewing. However, this book is perfectly geared toward super small batches (my preferred) of one gallon. Five gallon mo
Alex Holmes
Needed English measurements but awesome for the home brewing ideas
Morten
Oct 24, 2014 Morten rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: oel
Super inspiration til lille-skala brygning. Mange interessante opskrifter. Glæder mig til at få mit eget fem-liter bryggeri op at køre...
Clif Brittain
Got this through the library's e-book option. Couldn't have been easier to get it out. Very easy to return (quickly). Very abbreviated how-to section. May eventually try her method, but I had too many questions after I read it to be confident I could do it. Maybe if I'd read this first, I'd try it, but it is too different from "Beer Craft", which I'm trying now. It has been loads of fun and the results have been surprisingly good.
Peter Goutis
Pretty good beginner book. The things I like about this book are that it teaches a method of all-grain brewing that doesn't need a ton of extra equipment and it's mainly for 1 gallon batches. I live in an apartment and making a 5 gallon batch takes too much space. 1 gallon is the perfect size for me, right now. And the recipes all sound delicious. I can't wait to start.
Robert Hudder
I might have to buy this book. It is kind of what I have been looking for. A small batch brewing guide plus some recipes to cut my teeth on.
Kevin
Pretty interesting read. I love how it has small batch, and full 5 gallon batch recipes. I can't wait to try some of these out!
Sara
A freaking boatload of delicious-sounding homebrew recipes. I'll definitely be making a lot of these.
Josh
Some very interesting recipes!
Barjeta
Barjeta marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Eric Duprey
Eric Duprey marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
K.B.L.
K.B.L. marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Rory
Rory is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2014
Brian Erickson
Brian Erickson is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2014