Start by marking “Brooklyn Brew Shop's Beer Making Book: 52 Seasonal Recipes for Small Batches” as Want to Read:
Brooklyn Brew Shop's Beer Making Book: 52 Seasonal Recipes for Small Batches

Brooklyn Brew Shop's Beer Making Book: 52 Seasonal Recipes for Small Batches

Brooklyn Brew Shop’s Beer Making Book takes brewing out of the basement and into the kitchen. Erica Shea and Stephen Valand show that with a little space, a few tools, and the same ingredients breweries use, you too can make delicious craft beer right on your stovetop.

Greenmarket-inspired and seasonally brewed, these 52 recipes include Everyday IPA and Rose Cheeked &
Published November 1st 2011 by Clarkson Potter (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Brooklyn Brew Shop's Beer Making Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brooklyn Brew Shop's Beer Making Book

Aug 06, 2014 Benjamin rated it liked it
Shelves: brewing
I love the premise of this book. You don’t need to spend thousands of dollars on a brew stand, dedicated fermentation chamber, or other toys to enjoy making beer at home. You also don’t need to make five gallons at a time; you can learn a lot from making one gallon batches if that is all the space or stove top power that you can manage. These are good messages to bring to the homebrew world.

That said, if you are a beginning brewer, you probably need a bit more instruction than is provided in thi
Nov 28, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food, own-it, cookbook
For a novice female brewer who's just starting out with home brewing, I bought myself this book at the Chocolate Maple Porter to kickstart my homebrew journey. After completing the book, I am very pleased with my choice.

Oh, don't worry, I also reserved Charlie Papazian's homebrewing books from the library and a few more to teach myself the science, lore and practicality of homebrewing. However, this book is perfectly geared toward super small batches (my preferred) of one gallon. Five gallon mo
Clif Brittain
Mar 28, 2013 Clif Brittain rated it it was ok
Shelves: beer
Got this through the library's e-book option. Couldn't have been easier to get it out. Very easy to return (quickly). Very abbreviated how-to section. May eventually try her method, but I had too many questions after I read it to be confident I could do it. Maybe if I'd read this first, I'd try it, but it is too different from "Beer Craft", which I'm trying now. It has been loads of fun and the results have been surprisingly good.
Peter Goutis
Mar 15, 2014 Peter Goutis rated it liked it
Pretty good beginner book. The things I like about this book are that it teaches a method of all-grain brewing that doesn't need a ton of extra equipment and it's mainly for 1 gallon batches. I live in an apartment and making a 5 gallon batch takes too much space. 1 gallon is the perfect size for me, right now. And the recipes all sound delicious. I can't wait to start.
Dec 29, 2015 Sagely rated it really liked it
A delightfully inventive brew book. Recipes incorporating mustard, lobster, and heavy doses of cardamom intersperse with more traditional brews. There is even a GF carrot-based brew that demands to be tried!

A great book.
Oct 24, 2014 Morten rated it really liked it
Shelves: oel
Super inspiration til lille-skala brygning. Mange interessante opskrifter. Glæder mig til at få mit eget fem-liter bryggeri op at køre...
Robert Hudder
Nov 01, 2012 Robert Hudder rated it really liked it
I might have to buy this book. It is kind of what I have been looking for. A small batch brewing guide plus some recipes to cut my teeth on.
Aug 29, 2012 Kevin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brewing
Pretty interesting read. I love how it has small batch, and full 5 gallon batch recipes. I can't wait to try some of these out!
Feb 10, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
A freaking boatload of delicious-sounding homebrew recipes. I'll definitely be making a lot of these.
David Magnuson
David Magnuson rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2016
Andrei rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2014
Leo M DeBoe
Leo M DeBoe rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Jann Marx
Jann Marx rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2015
Sweet Chickadee
Sweet Chickadee rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2015
Craig Bell
Craig Bell rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2014
Darwinev0lved rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2015
Maria Nungaray
Maria Nungaray rated it liked it
May 05, 2015
Missy rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
Victor rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2013
Rafael rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2015
Keith P
Keith P rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
Dave rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
William rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Laura_pilk rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Susan Graham
Susan Graham rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Alex Bell
Alex Bell rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Ray Harris
Ray Harris rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2014
Michele Gable Napoli
Michele Gable Napoli rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
F Duncan
F Duncan rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2014
Molly Freiberg
Molly Freiberg rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Mozza Cookbook: Recipes from Los Angeles's Favorite Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria
  • Beer Craft: A Simple Guide to Making Great Beer
  • Apples to Cider: How to Make Cider at Home
  • Wild Brews: Culture and Craftsmanship in the Belgian Tradition
  • The Year-Round Vegetable Gardener: How to Grow Your Own Food 365 Days a Year, No Matter Where You Live
  • How to Brew: Everything You Need to Know to Brew Beer Right the First Time
  • Joy of Zentangle: Drawing Your Way to Increased Creativity, Focus, and Well-Being
  • The Naked Pint: An Unadulterated Guide to Craft Beer