Transference (Rava's Story)

Transference (Rava's Story)

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Rava is an information transferrer. Cybernetic implants have helped him become the most desirable transferrer his Metropolis has ever seen, and that’s even before his first transfer.

Why? Because of his implants he can store the most data within his storage banks—his testicles, that’s why. A fact he comes to realize all too well when the whole of human knowledge has been do...more
ebook, first, 100 pages
Published September 1st 2011 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Transference, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transference

Tj
Oh, geesh:( I'm always nervous to be the first review. Anyway, Rava is a man from a future society in which data is currency...those that have it and control it are the elite those that don't live "below". I have always loved Mark's books for their ability to take me away. I read to escape, how I escape varies from book to book but I love to have the adventures reading gives me. In this one from Mark there is that sense of adventure but there is a bit of a lesson. I don't want to give anything i...more
Tammy K.
I give this short read 3 stars, favoring the erotic side over the non-erotic side.
Actually, I have mixed thoughts about this story. Parts of it worked for me, parts of it did not.
I enjoyed the world building. I liked the characters.
I found the method of transfer ... interesting.
The sex scene where as steamy hot and frequent.
In fact, I would say this story is more then half erotic scenes, with far too few of 'true' science fiction details/scenes to meet my personal criteria to call this a scienc...more
Sammy Goode
The fascinating thing about mark Alders is his incredibly adroit ability to create complete and compelling alternate worlds. Each time I read one of his books I am fascinated by the world he has created and the very likeable and interesting characters he has created to live there. Rava is no exception! From his innocence to his strong will to survive and be reunited with his lover we watch this poor man be swept up into the dirty business of being the one person who can set a world free--all by...more
Kimberly Be
Sep 02, 2011 Kimberly Be rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants an intriguing SF premise
Recommended to Kimberly Be by: M/M Romance Book of the Month
I really enjoyed the premise of this story, which was new and different to me, as well as the world-building. The theme and ideas of freedom resonated with me. It worked as a fast paced science fiction adventure story. The romance seemed to take a back seat, which isn't really surprising for a story of 32,000 words, considering everything else that was in there. I sure wish there had been better line editing/proofreading, though, because typos pulled me out of the story way too often.
Tamela
Shades of Johnny Mnemonic. But as usual, Mark puts his own unique spin on "storage" location. Funny and serious, but not long enough to have any real depth to it. Rava seemed to take a lot of information as true without any real indication of proof. And he fell in love just as quickly, though Loran does seem like a pretty special guy. A good short read, but not my favorite Mark Alders story.
Adara
I liked the idea of this universe, but I'm not sure I liked the implementation. I didn't like the insta-love from Rava and Locan both, and I think that ruined other aspects for me. It just didn't have time to feel genuine. 2.5 stars, rounded up to 3 because it's not a 2 star story.
Sylvia
Crazy imaginative and I like the message of freedom a lot :)

[image error]
Enny
I normally love Mark Alder's book but this one had too little word building and too much insta-love for my taste.
James Cox
I was sweeped from my stressful week by this great read!
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Riayl
Riayl added it
Dec 31, 2013
Adriano Maia
Adriano Maia marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Skye Blue
Skye Blue marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Kellie Dennis
Kellie Dennis marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2012
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2012
Toshi
Toshi marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2012
Mark Shaffer
Mark Shaffer marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2012
Shaz
Shaz marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2012
Cole Riann
Cole Riann marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
I live in Melbourne, Victoria, in the land of Oz. According to my own Teenage mis-adventures, I am just an ordinary guy with a penis which likes to get me into trouble…a lot. I’ve seduced trees, copulated with watermelons, and had nice old ladies pick ants off my naked body. Yep, that’s me. Mark Alders. All round nice guy and with my brain firmly in my pants, exactly where it belongs!

So what about...more
More about Mark Alders...
The Nourisher (Border Worlds Saga, #1) The Soldier (Border Worlds Saga, #2) The Mis-adventures of a Teenage Mark The Incubator (Border Worlds Saga, #3) Shadows of the Mind (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #1)