Start by marking “Tasty Crochet: A Pantry Full of Patterns for 33 Tasty Treats” as Want to Read:
Tasty Crochet: A Pantry Full of Patterns for 33 Tasty Treats

Tasty Crochet: A Pantry Full of Patterns for 33 Tasty Treats

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Do you secretly love to play with your food?Whether you're craving peanuts or pizza, you'll find just the thing to hit the spot between the covers of Tasty Crochet. With over 30 crochet patterns on the menu, there's something here to please every palette. In addition to snack items that can be stitched up in a flash, you'll find: patterns to plan a meal for breakfast, lunc ...more
Published May 27th 2014 by Northlight (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Tasty Crochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tasty Crochet

Kirsten
My intention is to make Natalie a set of play food in time for her 2nd birthday in April. I'll start with a green bean and work my way up to the ice cream sandwich, which seems kind of tricky.
Heather
Easy-to-follow, satisfying patterns for a wide variety of food items. Each item is well photographed and very suitable as a visual reference if you get stuck following the pattern instructions.

I've made many of the items in here as play food for young children and as gift items for diabetics. I also have a beautiful domed glass cake-plate (courtesy of IKEA although you never could tell - it's quite lovely) that I arrange crocheted sweets in. They let me enjoy baked goodies without having indulg
Selena
While there isn't much of a guide to crocheting in this book, you don't really need one. The projects themselves are very simple, so it's good for beginners.

Each project breaks things down to a few sections. Like pizza is broken down into crust, sauce, cheese, and then another little section for toppings. It makes it pretty easy to follow.

I haven't had a chance to make anything yet (book has to go back to the library), but I've read through some of the instructions. They seem pretty easy.

Edit: S
Sally
Currently making a chocolate poptart and slice of pizza. Want to make the whole book! PBnJ, salad, fruit, ice cream.... Fairly clear instructions, great patterns. My only gripe is that single crochet in the flat does NOT LIE FLAT. So she must have ironed some of her examples. ;)
Meredith Kaupp
I've made about half of the projects in the book. Great instructions. If you can do basic crochet stitches, you will have no problems.
Valerie Sherman
Cute patterns, but I could use more ideas of what to do with all these delicious-looking crocheted vegetables, fruit, and food.
Tim Langlitz
This is a fun book, excellent creativity, easy-to follow patterns, and beautiful photography!
Christina
This has some really cute toy food ideas. I will need to try making some of these one day.
Didde Jacobsen
My son absolutely loved his new play food... :-) Really easy patterns and good pictures!
Knotty
Very cute patterns, including some you might not expect, like asparagus.
Stacey H
This is a good patternbook - the food items are really cute.
Petra
Very simple, easy to follow patterns.
Elise Barnas
Elise Barnas marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Catie
Catie added it
May 01, 2015
Raphaëlle Thiriet Zilio
Raphaëlle Thiriet Zilio is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2015
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
SantosGray
SantosGray is currently reading it
Mar 13, 2015