Start by marking “When Good Things Happen To Bad Boys (Includes: Dean Brothers & Friend, #3)” as Want to Read:
When Good Things Happen To Bad Boys (Includes: Dean Brothers & Friend, #3)

When Good Things Happen To Bad Boys (Dean Brothers & Friend #3)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  1,658 ratings  ·  58 reviews
"Playing Doctor" is written by Lori Foster.
Attitude makes a huge difference in bed. It could be Axel Dean's motto. The sexy physician likes his women with sensual moxie, and Libby Preston definitely seems to fit that bill. There's that naughty grin. That hot bod. Her eager kisses and cheeky insults. Her...admitted virginity. Whoa. Okay, cue cold shower. Axel may not be an
Published April 1st 2006 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about When Good Things Happen To Bad Boys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Good Things Happen To Bad Boys

Jul 27, 2015 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Steamy Contemporary Romance Anthologies
Reviewed for THC Reviews
*newest review for this anthology
"4.5 stars" overall
*Playing Doctor by Lori Foster - Playing Doctor is the final novella in Lori Foster's Dean Brothers & Friend series. Playboy Axel Dean is the last man standing, as his brother and best friend have both succumbed to the bite of the love bug. Axel, however, has no intention of falling in love or marrying. He's having far too much fun being single and playing the field. In fact, he's a bit of a man whore, taking a dif
I was in the mood for funny romance and I got exactly that :)
Jane Stewart
One good story, Two not so good.

4 stars for THE LADY OF THE LAKE by Erin McCarthy.
I enjoyed this story. Shy school teacher Violet sees herself as undesirable. She wants to get pregnant and raise a child alone. Famous baseball star is looking for something more in his life. Their meeting and subsequent actions are fun to watch.

For a list of my reviews of other Erin McCarthy books, see my 3.5 star review of “Flat-Out Sexy” posted under 3 stars 11/11/08.

2 stars for PLAYING DOCTOR by Lori Foster.
Linda Sims
Three short stories about bad boys, I really enjoyed this, if you're looking for a lighthearted sexy read this fits the bill. All three tales have engaging characters as well as cute plots. If I have to pick out a favourite it has to be Erin McCarthy's story. It was such a sweet read. This is the sort of book that I think is ideal to read on holiday.
Kathy Davie
Three cute stories in this anthology of romances.

The Stories
Lori Foster's Playing Doctor was my favorite with a play-the-field doctor who falls in love with an about-to-graduate niece of the chief of staff. Ya know it's gotta be love to survive the mess that Libby falls into and all that Dr. Axel Dean wants to do is take care of her. Well, that and lots of sex.

Erin McCarthy's Lady of the Lake was a sweet encounter between the shy, brainiac kindergarten teacher who just wants a baby and has to
Tendres provocations est un recueil de trois nouvelles, déjà édité il y a quelques années et que l'on a plaisir à (re)découvrir.

Dr Oeil-de-velours de Lori Foster est une nouvelle racontant l'histoire d'un médecin et d'une élève infirmière qui se rencontrent lors d'une soirée organisée par l'oncle de la jeune fille. Après quelques baisers et caresses échangés, Libby avoue à Axel qu'elle est vierge. Paniqué, le médecin lui demande de se rhabiller et lui annonce qu’elle est beaucoup trop jeune pour

Playing Doctor by Lori Foster (4 Stars)

Attitude makes a huge difference in bed. It could be Axel Dean's motto. The sexy physician likes his women with sensual moxie, and Libby Preston definitely seems to fit that bill. There's that naughty grin. That hot bod. Her eager kisses and cheeky insults. Her admitted virginity. Whoa. Okay, cue cold shower. Axel may not be an honorable man, but he has his limits. Except Libby won't take no for an answer. She's determined to have someone s
Contemporary romance anthology. Part of the "Bad Boy" books.

Lori Foster. - 4 stars. Protected sex. I expected to hate this one. I really hated Cary's story & he does make an appearance in this one. However, I loved Libby & she zings Axel good every time they get together. She even calls him a male slut (which he is). Good story!

Erin McCarthy - 4 stars. Unprotected sex (she wants to get pregnant). You really need to turn off your brain & suspend ALL disbelief for this one. Shy kind
When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys is another collection of short stories in Brava's Bad Boys series, and probably my favorite.

"Playing Doctor" by Lori Foster

Axel Dean is a responsible, respectable doctor in his professional life, but in his personal life he's a fun-loving playboy who enjoys no-strings-attached fun with mature women who know the score. Enter Libby Preston, a hot, young... virgin? DEFINITELY not Axel's type. But that doesn't stop her from getting under his skin, and working her
Playing Doctor---**

This had some ick factor to it, for me anyway. He's a 35 year old male whore, she's a 21 year old virgin. Ick. They met at a party and are making out in the gardens before they've even said their names. Ick. The last half of the story was ok, I actually read it instead of skimming. Ending was kinda strange.

Lady of the Lake---**

This wasn't as bad. The thing that bothered me was when the heroine first saw the hero her first thought was "he's Hispanic!" like that was bad. I guess
First two stories were good, I actually liked all the characters and the stories themselves. Sadly the third book I couldn't get through, I disliked the overly grumpy female lead, the player scheming male lead and a guy trapping a girl in his uncle's sex dungeon for the weekend just isn't my kind of story.
Only writing a review for the 1st book by Lori Foster. (Super quick review for a quick book)
***This May contain spoilers***

Not a bad book. Unmemorable and I'll tell you why. Folks, as I'm typing up this review, I cannot bring myself to recall the title of the book I JUST read. Ugh. Call it bad memory, or in my case blame....something.

I liked Libby and Axel together. Yes he was much older, but they had good chemistry. N o t h i n g ridiculously interesting happened in this book. Lori Foster has
at first I was taken back by the age difference in the first story. simply because with two very different sexual backgrounds it prove not so compatable in bed but I was wrong. Libby wasn't looking for distractions and Axel wasn't looking to settle down. they found love though. I think violet and Dylan's story was a little far fetched with how quick it moved but in the end they were looking for something in their lives and it turned out to be eachother. I liked the last story but it seemed Hanna ...more
Kimngan Tran
Playing doctor 1
Lady of the lake 1
Hardhats and silk stockings 1
All three stories were so much fun! Too short but loved them all.
Aug 29, 2015 B rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: library
Loved all 3 stories. definitely a keeper for me
Dur de mettre une note car les 3 nouvelles sont inégales.
La 1ère de Lori Foster est exquise, la 2ème moyenne malgré la renommée de Erin McCarthy, quant à la dernière, je n'ai pas du tout accroché.

Ma chronique ici :
3 very different, very enjoyable short stories.
Didn't enjoy the last as much, others are light, what you'd expect for this anthology. Delivers on what it promises.
Fun short read.
"Playing Doctor" by Lori Foster - A nursing student catches the eye and more of a playboy doctor. The best of the 3 stories.
"The Lady of the Lake" by Erin McCarthy - A want-to-be mother falls off of a boat and almost drowns before she is rescued by a single, lonely baseball player out for a sail.
"Hardhats and Silk Stockings" by Helenkay Dimon - Sparks fly when the architect and the construction company boss get trapped in a "sex" room.
Shannon Cheatham
3 for Lori

4 for Erin

4 for Helen Kay

The lady of the lake was my absolute favorite and then playing doctor and then hardhats and silk stockings. But j'adore hardhats and silk stockings because of whit in handcuffs, the fact that she was in charge was a treasure! I also loved Adam. I didn't like the fact that in lady of the lake you didn't know if the baby with a girl or a boy.
Dancing Queen
Dans l'ensemble les histoires sont pas super crédibles mais je trouve la première et la troisième assez prenante, ce qui mérite facile un 3/5. Par contre la deuxième est beaucoup plus fantasque, j'ai moins aimé, j'mettrais plus un 2/5. Mais honnêtement ça se laisse lire.
okay, nice shorter reads...
Dawn ♥ romance
Fun and very steamy short stories. First by Lori Foster was my favorite about sexy doctor Axel that has his eye on Libby who he thinks is the caterer. Next by Erin McCarthy was enjoyable about baseball player Dylan who fishes Violet out of the water. The last by Helen Kay Dimon was just okay.
More like 3.5 stars. I really liked the first two - they are cute and the women are very likable. The last one paled a bit in comparison because I didn't think the heroine was as likable. But if you're looking for some quick reads of sexy romances, pick it up!
Heather G
Sep 19, 2007 Heather G rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one
This Bad Boys book wasn't as good as some of the others I have read. The Foster story was a disappointment; I kept thinking this is so unreal. McCarthy story was unbelievable (I literally could not believe the scenario). The Dimon story was the best of the bunch...
I didn't quite like this one. The other two were funny and down to earth, these ones had less humor and were more serious than anything. They kind of made me feel 'down' so it was okay okay for me. I don't need books to depress me, just uplift me.
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • The Naked Truth
  • British Bad Boys
  • Bad Boys with Red Roses
  • Texas Bad Boys
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #2)
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • Racing Hearts: A Calculated Risk\An Outside Chance\This Time Around

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Dean Brothers & Friend (3 books)
  • Jingle Bell Rock
  • Perfect for the Beach
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)