Start by marking “Attack of the Volcano Monkeys” as Want to Read:
Attack of the Volcano Monkeys

Attack of the Volcano Monkeys

In this irresistible adventure, Basil comes face-to-face with evil von Rottweil on mysterious Monkey Island--where monkeys have human intelligence. Again Basil must face his fears to save the world.

Basil Pepperell thinks he's ordinary, but when he and his friend Louise ride her pet pteranodon, Beatrice, to forbidden Monkey Island, they discover an advanced society of monke
Published February 1st 2008 by The Blue Sky Press

To ask other readers questions about Attack of the Volcano Monkeys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Attack of the Volcano Monkeys

Soh Kam Yung
This was an unexpected find in my local library. Written and illustrated by Wiley "Non Sequitur" Miller, it features the adventures of an 'ordinary' boy with an extra-ordinary girl who comes from a secret hidden society and has a pet Pteranodon. How can this not be fun?

First told partially in flash-back, the story opens with the boy, Basil recovering in his lighthouse home and then rushing off with Professor McGookin in his submarine to rescue the girl, Louise, lost on the incredible Monkey Isla
Susan
Apr 12, 2016 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amusingly illustrated by the author, this tells of Basil's incursion onto Monkey Island, with his friend Louise (who knows better). They meet Rathbone, an intelligent monkey who has rebelled against the Monkey King's subservience to the treacherous Von Rottweil. Fortunately, kindly Professor McGookin shows up to help the children save the day. Actually, this reads like the middle chapter in a longer book.
Duane
Dec 15, 2010 Duane rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this series. This is the second in the series and you really do need to read them in order to understand the storyline. After Basil's first adventure, he and his friend find themselves on Monkey Island. There is a rebellion going on between the monkey tribes and soon the two friends find themselves caught right in the middle. With tons of action and great illustrations, this series is a great one to see if your reluctant reader will be interested.
Suanna
Feb 22, 2015 Suanna rated it really liked it
The kids and I enjoyed this book, although we probably preferred the first book. We were disappointed to learn that there is not another book in the series. Ella kept correcting me when I pronounced the name Basil as Ba zil, and not like the herb.
Mary Lee
May 26, 2008 Mary Lee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Book-length version of the Non Sequitor comic strip.
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2015
Dolores
Dolores rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Gaygeek
Gaygeek rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2011
Nawal
Nawal rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Caroline
Caroline rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2010
Steve Fitzgerald
Steve Fitzgerald rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2013
Bent Hansen
Bent Hansen rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2014
Carly
Carly rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2009
Grace
Grace rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2008
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2010
Londa
Londa rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2011
Jarom
Jarom rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2009
May Sun
May Sun rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2017
Nils Andersson
Nils Andersson rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2008
Jason Smith
Jason Smith rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
Hum Ler
Hum Ler rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Tyler
Tyler rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Victoria
Victoria rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
Alex
Alex rated it did not like it
May 02, 2009
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2013
Aggi
Aggi rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2008
I began my career in art illustrating educational films. But my interest was always in print and cartooning, so in 1977 I moved from film in Southern California to work as a staff artist and editorial cartoonist for the Greensboro Daily News and the Greensboro Record (they were the morning and evening papers at the time and have since merged into one).

In 1979 I moved on to the Santa Rosa Press De
More about Wiley Miller...