Start by marking “The Triumph of Death (Alex Van Helsing, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Triumph of Death (Alex Van Helsing, #3)

The Triumph of Death (Alex Van Helsing #3)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Within months of discovering he’s next in a long line of vampire hunters, Alex Van Helsing has already defeated two powerful vampire leaders. Not bad for a fourteen-year-old.

But when a newly risen vampire queen threatens the fate of the world, Alex faces his deadliest challenge yet. Teaming up with a motorcycle-riding witch, Alex jets between Switzerland, the UK, and Spain
Published July 24th 2012 by HarperCollins Canada / Other (first published April 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Triumph of Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Triumph of Death

Ms. Yingling
Still reeling from finding out that his mother is a witch, Alex is on his way back to school from studying different creatures in Italy when the plane he is on is attacked by zombie vampires! Luckily, he keeps his wits about him and survives his plummet to earth with a parachute, but the training computer is stolen. No time to worry about that-- the town of Secheron is dark at noon, and the skeleton painted vampires are awaiting the arrival of Claire, the vampire queen. Sangster is on hand to he ...more
Mitch
This is how you write a vampire book. The Triumph of Death is fast paced and action packed, yet with surprising depth and deceptively good plotting I'd never expected to see from this series. It's everything Vampire Rising aspired to be, just the right mix of vampire slaying action and historical nods, plot twists and character development that bring this series full circle.

The great thing about these sequels is that they go big right from the start. Fighting off vampire hijackers and jumping ou
David
From my TOP SHELF review printed in The Monitor on June 7, 2012:

Teen Averts Vampire Apocalypse

The Alex Van Helsing series is about a teen who discovers he's heir to a long tradition of vampire hunting. While he attends boarding school in Switzerland he is also trained by the Polidorium, a group dedicated to the extermination of vampires.

Book 3, The Triumph of Death, opens with a dizzying, James Bond-style action piece as the plane returning Alex to school is hijacked by vampires that hack a Poli
Shannon
This is the best of the three!!! But wait, is it really the last one? No, say it isn't so!!! It can't be left like this! Did this one answer some questions and come full circle? Yes, but new questions have been introduced!! It's left open-ended!! If this really is the last one, I'm truly devastated!!
Raye
This was a fun trilogy and I enjoyed all three books. However, I noticed as I read, that I liked each book less than the one that came before it. The first book, Vampire Rising, is my favorite and The Triumph of Death is my least favorite. It was still a great read, it was just missing something.

I think my biggest, and maybe only problem with this book is that we hardly see Alex’s friends. I really wish they would have been around more. I know Alex wants to keep them safe, but they know what’s g
Jasmine
Sad to say that I didn't read the first two but I had wanted to read this series and couldn't wait to start no matter where it took me. I am surprised to say that this book explained everything and I got caught up to speed pretty quick. It explained things along the way which I appreciated and I thoroughly enjoyed. It didn't take much to get me into the book. I was happy about liking it. I don't know much about the other characters like Minhi, Paul or Sid but I do know Astrid so that's one. I ca ...more
Barbara
Molubah Seley
Lots of action. Its a good book
Angie
Up until the end I would have said I liked this one best of all the Alex VanHelsing books. The action never stops and it's awesome!

Until the end. I thought it was because I fell asleep reading late one night. But I went back and reread several pages and the action still felt ... a bit broken. LIke it didn't all lead smoothly to the end?

Which makes no sense, I know. #workonreviewwritingskills #orkeepreading #whichonedoyouthinkwillwin? ;)
Lisa
I LOVE this YA vampire series!! Cool weapons, exciting fights, Alex gets to miss school to go on save-the-world adventures and he has great friends...what more could you ask for in a vampire series?! Another great installment in the Alex Van Helsing series!
Sara
Better even than the first two, the third book about Alex Van Helsing is fast-paced and full of excellent twists and turns.
Suzanne
This third book is the most exciting in the trilogy and I've sad that there is not a fourth book.
Tracey Weyer
The whole series was really good. I just wish that there was a fourth book.
Coral-lee Powell
Love this very good read
EricaWyvern
EricaWyvern marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Melody
Melody marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Rachelthehedgehog100 .
Rachelthehedgehog100 . marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Halpal
Halpal marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Angelique Price
Angelique Price marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Alexia
Alexia marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Alexis Dutton
Alexis Dutton marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Avery Black
Avery Black marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Nick Irwin
Nick Irwin marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
  • The Betrayal of the Living (Blood Ninja, #3)
  • Second Chance (The Slayer Chronicles, #2)
  • The Clairvoyance Clock (Alex in Wunderstrande, Book One)
  • Darkest Night (Department 19, #5)
  • Retribution
  • The Smoking Mirror
  • Reclaiming the Dead
  • The Haunted Girl
  • Best of All Possible Worlds
  • Making Waves (Pretty Tough, #5)
  • To Catch A Vampire (A F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #2)
  • Fangtastic (Vamped, #3)
  • Lavender-Green Magic (The Magic Series, #5)
  • Resistance (Rising, #1)
  • Act of Will
  • The Pineville Heist
  • A Pretty Mouth
  • Motherfucking Sharks
209873
I've been writing comics for a long time, and games, and-- well, I write, so there's always *something.* But now I've gotten into modern-day YA novels with the Alex Van Helsing series.
More about Jason Henderson...

Alex Van Helsing (3 books)
  • Vampire Rising (Alex Van Helsing, #1)
  • Voice of the Undead (Alex Van Helsing #2)
Vampire Rising (Alex Van Helsing, #1) Voice of the Undead (Alex Van Helsing #2) Highlander: The Element of Fire (Highlander) Shadowland: Street Heroes Psy-Comm, Volume 1