Start by marking “The Pirate Curse (Spirit Guide, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Pirate Curse (Spirit Guide, #5)

The Pirate Curse (Spirit Guide #5)

When Yuki starts smelling salt brine and seaweed, she finds her summer vacation hijacked by pirates...the DEAD kind.

Will the ghost of Black Sam Bellamy, Prince of Pirates, lead Yuki and her friends to treasure or terror?

A new Spirit Guide adventure you won't want to miss!
Published October 8th 2013 by Sacred Oaks Press (first published September 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Pirate Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pirate Curse

Allegiant by Veronica RothThe House of Hades by Rick RiordanChampion by Marie LuThe Dream Thieves by Maggie StiefvaterWorld After by Susan Ee
Fall 2013 Young Adult Fantasy Books
49th out of 78 books — 160 voters
Panic by J.A. HussSimple Perfection by Abbi GlinesSafe with Me by Kristen ProbyConvicted by Aleatha RomigEverything for Us by M. Leighton
September & October 2013 releases!
168th out of 277 books — 1,148 voters

More lists with this book...

Grammy 1
Oct 08, 2013 Grammy 1 rated it it was amazing
Well time flies. I just noted I have been following the Spirit Guide series since August of 2010, when EJ Stevens sent me her first novel to review… The cover grabbed me immediately, the quote below is from my 5*****Star Amazon review and the rest is history.

I have just come upon an enchanting new Paranormal Mystery Story written by Dark Poetess , EJ Stevens. She Smells the Dead is just what the Moms and Librarians have been looking for. A New Series of YA books with enchantment, mystery, love a
Loves To Dive
Oct 08, 2013 Loves To Dive rated it it was amazing
All good things must come to an end, thus Ms. Stevens brings us the last story in her Spirit Guide series, but not without one more good mystery for Yuki and the gang to solve.

School is over, and the gang is all moving on to the next chapter in their lives. Some are off to college, Yuki is getting ready to open her art booth and Cal is busy as the alpha of his pack. When Emma tells Yuki that their friend Gordy has his family’s beach house for the week and all are invited, Yuki is less than pleas
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly sad I am that this series is coming to a close, that this is the very last book. I have been with these characters from the very beginning and have grown to care about them like I would any of my friends. It is so bittersweet to know that after this, there won't be any more adventures for Yuki and her friends. Bittersweet but also exciting because you want them to all get their happily ever after and truth be told, I am anxious to see how it will all ...more
Kirsten
Oct 10, 2013 Kirsten rated it it was amazing
What an excellent book! I believe this is the culmination of The Spirit Guide Series, and it's just fantastic. There's action, adventure, werewolves, witches and pirate ghosts. I think this is a great series for young adults or teenagers to read. It's very wholesome, while still exploring the paranormal world. That is a great feat to pull off. I think E.J. did a fantastic job of writing the series and making you love her characters and the world she has created. Next up for me, as far as E.J.'s ...more
Lindis Russell
Mar 06, 2014 Lindis Russell rated it it was amazing
Is this really the end of Yuki? No, she's not dead but this seems to be the last book. I've enjoyed this series and I'd like to hear more from her! This is a good series for young girls in middle school and upper elementary. Showing them how to sruvive being bullied and the benifits of being true to who you are and who you want to be. I am looking foward to someday reading Stevens' Ivy Granger series! This is a very Goodread!
Nancy
Aug 09, 2011 Nancy rated it it was amazing
An excellent story as always.. Just love all the characters. I'm really sad to see this is the last book of the series. But glad we got to see a little into Yuki's future. A book with Yuki and Cal having a baby would be super cool. Yes? Probably not very YA though. One can hope. :)
Katy
Oct 02, 2013 Katy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of YA fantasy
Recommended to Katy by: E.J. Stevens
Book Info: Genre: Urban Fantasy
Reading Level: Young Adult
Recommended for: fans of YA fantasy
Book Available: Scheduled for October 8, 2013, but available now

My Thoughts: And so it ends. Yes, this is the final book in the Spirit Guide series, and I'm sad that it's over; I think there could easily have been a few more books in this series, but I was satisfied with how it ended.

There is, as always, plenty of humor in this. One quote I highlighted is two paragraphs long, so too much for a review, but
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2014
E.J. Stevens
Sep 03, 2013 E.J. Stevens rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Caroline Anastasia Mccaskill
Caroline Anastasia Mccaskill rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2013
Erinnd
Erinnd rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2014
Deana Henry
Deana Henry rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Aria Romero
Aria Romero rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2012
Kali Chiapetta
Kali Chiapetta rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
NatD
NatD rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Nicola
Nicola rated it it was ok
May 24, 2014
Ashlynn Monroe
Ashlynn Monroe rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2011
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2013
Rumiska Ramasamy
Rumiska Ramasamy rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2013
TheWellReadLady
TheWellReadLady marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2011
Memrie
Memrie marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2011
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2011
Zara
Zara marked it as to-read
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Ivanna
Ivanna marked it as to-read
Cierra
Cierra marked it as to-read
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2011
S
S marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2011
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2011
Keri Luevano
Keri Luevano marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2011
Karthi
Karthi marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2011
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Misty Blankenship
Misty Blankenship marked it as to-read
Jucchan
Jucchan marked it as to-read
Jessica Rodriguez
Jessica Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2011
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2011
Kenia
Kenia marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2011
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2011
Heidi15461
Heidi15461 marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2011
Marcy Knox
Marcy Knox marked it as to-read
Brenda Gonzalez
Brenda Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Cici
Cici marked it as to-read
Julie S.
Julie S. marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2011
Isamar
Isamar marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2011
  • Soul in Love
  • Atticus for the Undead
  • Bull Running for Girls
  • Languish (Haunting Violet #1.5)
  • Pirate's Alley (Sentinels of New Orleans, #4)
  • The Fairies in Tradition and Literature
  • Switchblade Goddess (Jessie Shimmer, #3)
  • Those Who Fight Monsters: Tales of Occult Detectives
  • The Wolf at His Door (The Runes Trilogy, #1)
  • Paranormal Anthology with a Twist
  • We Both Go Down Together (Incryptid, #0.09)
  • Sweetheart, Sweetheart
  • Thirty Scary Tales
  • The Graveyard Speaks
  • Hour of the Beast
  • Westward Weird
  • Night Calls (Night Calls #1)
  • The Sending (Senitha's Light, #1)
E.J. Stevens is the author of the SPIRIT GUIDE young adult paranormal romance series, the HUNTERS' GUILD urban fantasy series, and the award-winning IVY GRANGER urban fantasy series. She is known for filling pages with quirky characters, bloodsucking vampires, psychotic faeries, and snarky, kick-butt heroines.

When E.J. isn't at her writing desk, she enjoys dancing along seaside cliffs, singing in
More about E.J. Stevens...

Spirit Guide (5 books)
  • She Smells the Dead (Spirit Guide, #1)
  • Spirit Storm (Spirit Guide, #2)
  • Legend of Witchtrot Road (Spirit Guide, #3)
  • Brush With Death (Spirit Guide, #4)

“As far as plans went, it was like facing the zombie apocalypse with a nail file and a bag of Skittles. It might work, but chances were good that I'd die a horrible, painful death.

At least the end would be filled with fruity, candy goodness. And for my dramatic death scene I could whisper, in a creepy, quivery death rattle, taste the rainbow. Boy would those zombies be confused.”
8 likes