Start by marking “City of Wind” as Want to Read:
City of Wind

City of Wind (Century #3)

In the third installment of the Century Quartet, Italian author P. D. Baccalario continues the mystery that will take four cities and four extraordinary kids to solve.

PARIS, JUNE 20

When new information turns up about the Star of Stone, the object they found in New York, Mistral, Elettra, Harvey, and Sheng meet again in Paris. Harvey brings the stone to show to his dad's ar
Published September 27th 2011 by Random House (first published November 2007)

To ask other readers questions about City of Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City of Wind

Anna
Jun 15, 2016 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is the third adventure of our Century heroes, the four Wisemans that try to save the world and discover their own charisma. This time we travel to Paris, the city of music, the wind and long long history. Kids' adventures are far more dangerous than all the others and sometimes things turn lethal. They find supporters who turn to be traitors and old enemies who turn to be friends.

We are only a step away to learn everything about the Century secret and one more adventures, this time in Chin
Kerri
Jan 14, 2012 Kerri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loving it so far! It's been almost five years since the third book was published. Sure hope he didn't forget to finish the series!
Joshua
May 14, 2015 Joshua rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In City of Wind, the third novel in the Century Quartet, Baccalario returns the action to his native Europe and with it, he returns the story to its former glory. Which is good news, because after the largely lackluster Star of Stone, I have a hunch that most of his readers were very skeptical about the way this series would continue. Be skeptical no longer, my friends. Featuring a tighter storyline than its predecessor, far more intimidating villains, and an exciting, action-packed journey thro ...more
Min
May 03, 2015 Min rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series, and this author continues to impress.
He's penchant for adventure through discovering clues, then figure out their meaning to gain insight, is a favorite of mine.
This time, it is Paris that gives us mystery, excitement, and history. Another aspect that really draws me in, when actual places, items, and people from history are mentioned.
He is especially good at opening up with answers, then giving us more to wonder about for the next book.

Also, even though it is clear that he is us
Marie
Apr 20, 2015 Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished this last night and was eager to start the final book. All of the clues finally will come together. This is why I try to stay away from series books! I get hooked and have to finish the whole thing. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see what happens in the end!
ApollonNike (Elisa)
Voxa
Dec 26, 2015 Voxa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Luke Reid
April
Apr 14, 2016 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Things are getting dangerous as the four kids meet up in Paris. There is a new enemy, Mademoiselle Cybel. She has an army of spying waiters. Zoe, one of the four previous Magi, is in Paris and males friends with the kids. But she is dangerous and the kids learn to distrust her quickly.
Hot air balloons and Notre Dame. Music and bees. Isis and a ship. And a danger that comes once a century.
NVTony
Paris turns out to be an exciting adventure for the four lead characters with additional twists provided by other characters. Romance develops between more than one set of participants. Descriptions are excellent mover of story. Look forward to reading next in series. Translation was handled with skill.
Tanja
Oct 26, 2013 Tanja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chn-mystery
Also the third book in the series did not disappoint as the four friends search through Paris to find more clues. An amazing adventure that made me want to visit Paris again soon. It also made me curious to read the last book in the series to find out how this mystery will be resolved - in a city I have never been to: Shanghai. Can't wait to get started...
D
Mar 02, 2013 D rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mistral summoning bees when she sings has nothing to do with air, so why would it say that she has powers over air? In the fourth book of the quartet, it specifically says that she has powers over air. Otherwise, I like the book.
Brittney Bower
May 18, 2013 Brittney Bower rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
your emeniy 's ememy is your friend. Thats seratle putting it a certain way when explaining a change in alliences.
Inês Olaia
Dec 19, 2012 Inês Olaia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Toda a coleção me prendeu. Acho que foi bem conseguida, tanto a ideia como a passagem à prática. Este livro centra-se já em Paris, e os seus momentos inesperados focam-nos de volta sempre à história.
Luca
Jun 19, 2012 Luca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was very good. Although... there was some dramatic romance pieces. Yup, very dramatic. One of the pieces although was... silly. AHope that the next one comes out.
Marit
Jul 04, 2014 Marit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That ending :o I understand that I wanted to continue reading. This is like the biggest cliffhanger I have ever read. But luckily for me, the last book is already in my possession.
Saki3
Sep 14, 2012 Saki3 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
its the children of the... BEAR??? what happens in the next book!!! its always THE four together forever!!
Rachel
Mar 24, 2013 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Follows the same typical plot of the other two. Interesting twist though. Bad guys gone good or good guys gone bad?? Ooh ooh
Simone Morabito
Simone Morabito rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2013
Jolien
Jolien rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Regina
Regina rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Lidia
Lidia rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2013
E Gomi
E Gomi rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2011
Ali
Ali rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2011
Liz (lavenderbug)
Liz (lavenderbug) rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2012
Emma
Emma rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Marie-Isabelle Adriaens
Marie-Isabelle Adriaens rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2016
Veronica Hayes
Veronica Hayes rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2016
  • The Secret Cipher (The Secret Box, #)
  • The River of No Return (Jaguar Stones, #3)
  • The End of Time (The Books of Umber, #3)
  • The Last Musketeer (The Last Musketeer, #1)
  • Bad Men Do What Good Men Dream: A Forensic Psychiatrist Illuminates the Darker Side of Human Behavior
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Sword
  • The Golden Vendetta (The Copernicus Legacy, #3)
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic, #2)
  • Slacker
  • Shadow Spell (Seven Sorcerers #2)
  • Elliot and the Goblin War (Underworld Chronicles #1)
  • Evil, Inc. (Hardy Boys: Casefiles, #2)
  • Thursdays with the Crown (Castle Glower, #3)
  • Not You
  • Beneath
  • The Ghost on the Stairs (Haunted, #1)
P. D. BACCALARIO was born in Acqui Terme, a beautiful little town in the Piedmont region of Northern Italy. He grew up in the middle of the woods with his three dogs and his black bicycle. He loves seeing new places and discovering new lifestyles, although, in the end, he always returns to the comfort of familiar ones.
More about Pierdomenico Baccalario...

Century (4 books)
  • Ring of Fire (Century, #1)
  • Star of Stone
  • De eerste bron

“We can run an ad in the papers, if you like. ‘Missing: Hunks of wood that fell from the sky onto avenue de l’Opéra on June twenty-first. Generous reward offered. Fake hunks of wood unwelcome.’ ” 1 likes