Start by marking “A Cure for the King's Lust” as Want to Read:
A Cure for the King's Lust

A Cure for the King's Lust (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

Dear Author,
Who is this sexy man? And why is that equally hot guy behind him (to the left when facing the pic) staring holes through him? Are they lovers? Are they gonna be? Tell me EVERYTHING!

Photo Description: A brooding depiction of armor clad ancient warriors going into battle.

This story was written as a part of the M/M Romance Group's "Hot Summer Days" event. Group me
Published August 5th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about A Cure for the King's Lust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cure for the King's Lust

S.A.
Aug 06, 2011 S.A. rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
I know some folks think it's tacky for the author to give something they wrote five stars. Tough. I am proud of this story. Since the story never enjoyed a professional editing process, I know it has errors, especially the one toward the front (arrrrgh!)! I beat the words to pieces but I know my limitations. Unfortunately I didn't finish in time for my beta to massage the words.

On the upside, the story owns heart, love and healing, and characters who inspire me to keep documenting their romanti
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Wow the tags don't mention age gap. One guy is 72 other is a mere 23.

Also doesn't mention he is married to a female.

The duel went on too long and was boring. I'm considering just not finishing.

Aperently three years ago while his wife was pregnant he started taking up with any young lad that caught his attention and never stopped. Been "ruling the kingdom with his cock for three years" and of course being the king the lads can't say no. So why are we supposed to like this rapist/cheating assho
LutaWolf
Aug 05, 2011 LutaWolf rated it it was amazing
Damn, long ago indeed. His brief life as prince seemed like another lifetime, an existence experienced by boy unscathed by exquisite treachery. The man who walked here now understood treachery’s vile facets, suffered from them, and ultimately defeated them.

And that is what I'm talking about when I scream out that I need detail. I know so much about the character and his way of life just from that one paragraph. I get a visual from that one paragraph. Even if the plot weren't unusual enough that
SueM
Oh my, S.A.! I've fallen in love with your messy King! Gustav is a wonderfully strong and loving man, while Tahir, despite his horrific past, is a sweet, loyal and giving man, perfect for Gustav!

Now I really, really hope we will have the rest of their tale together: cleaning up the traitorous Tothans, dealing with the bigoted and arrogant Edvin, learning more about the mysterious yet loving Aglaia, and reuniting with the kind and powerful Jan - perhaps with the help and support of the loyal Ain
Bettye Kanady
Nov 25, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it liked it
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
The premise of the story is good. I got caught up and confused with the language that permeated the story; it was very "over-the-top" and more wordy than it needed to be. Once I was able to skip over some words and still retain the meaning of the story, I was able to enjoy it a bit more. I think, however, that A Cure for the King's Lust was too long for what was trying to be conveyed here. I, personally, wanted to hear more about the dastardly son who was going to make his father's "new toy" pay ...more
Wendy Ann
Last, but most definitely not least! This story is so rich with details and great characters. While still very alpha, Gustav seems like a wonderful King. I was so pleased to see that he could be sensitive and observant. And Tahir? Despite his traumatic past, he was fiercely loyal and loving. They were perfect for one another, but definitely need the rest of their story to be told:) I won't soon forget these lines: “My cock’s aim is quite true.” “My ass has noted the fact." *grins* This is a fant ...more
Sep 29, 2013 Sarah rated it did not like it
I dont like to write bad reviews for free reads, but... Wow. That was pure shite. Lots of things were wrong with this. Mostly wording and word tenses and some sentences seemed completely out of order. I had to reread so many times I lost track. Hints to things were brought up then skimmed over. The ending made absolutely no sense. It's like the author decided in the middle to just write The End. Weird.
Tamara (Nanny Ogg)
Jan 29, 2016 Tamara (Nanny Ogg) marked it as dnf
Shelves: b-free, b-dritc
(view spoiler)

The writing is just... annoying? I'm not sure that's the right word, but I can't stand even a page of it. This is the second story by this author I've dropped, so it's safe to say I won't try anymore...
Britta ★ Nachteule ★
Aug 18, 2015 Britta ★ Nachteule ★ marked it as to-read
Shelves: hot-summer-days
***Read as part of the free Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four anthology. Story #8***
Serena
Oct 04, 2016 Serena rated it liked it
Shelves: gr-dritc, romance-mm
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four

My Rating System:
* couldn't finish, ** wouldn't recommend, *** would recommend, **** would read again, ***** have read again
Brian
Aug 10, 2014 Brian rated it really liked it
I thought this was a well played story. It was definitely captivating. My only disappointment was the abrupt ending. I did not see that coming and felt that there should have been a glorious epilogue....
Tamela
Tamela rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2011
Miriki
Miriki rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2011
Gaa-chan
Feb 06, 2012 Gaa-chan rated it really liked it
Jeannine
Jeannine rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2014
Janie
Janie rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2012
Leni
Leni rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2011
Ale
Ale rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2012
Johell
Johell rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2011
Vviki
Vviki rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2011
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2012
Joanne
Joanne rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2014
Adara
Adara rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2011
Crystal
Crystal rated it did not like it
Nov 07, 2016
ErinSC
ErinSC rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Mrstaralpeters
Mrstaralpeters rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2011
Rissa
Rissa rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2013
Jackie
Jackie rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Thirty years ago, I started writing m/m romance. My writing remained a secret lest my friends thought me a freak. Writing about men inserting tab A into slot B didn’t seem the norm for a female teenager. Reading Gordon Merrick, John Rechy and Larry Kramer helped me fill in informational gaps. Yes, I read these books in my bedroom.

As the years progressed and I discovered my sexual path, I still wro
More about S.A. Garcia...

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix