Between Balloons

Between Balloons

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Between Balloons is the story of Joey Abbott a young girl in the fictional town of Bayberry, Texas. Joey's life is nearly perfect, until her mother dies unexpectedly. Joey and her mother were uncommonly close, and she is left behind to pick up the pieces. She is left with a father that she barely knows. She tries to heal with the help of the new boy in town, who is dealing...more
Published August 4th 2011 by Kimberly Russell

To ask other readers questions about Between Balloons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between Balloons

Switched by Amanda HockingMy Blood Approves by Amanda HockingFate by Amanda HockingBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireTorn by Amanda Hocking
Self-Published Young Adult Books
133rd out of 1,427 books — 2,299 voters
Flat-Out Love by Jessica ParkOn the Island by Tracey Garvis-GravesLove Unscripted by Tina ReberSignificance by Shelly CraneReason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan
Greatest hidden EBOOKS
111th out of 1,130 books — 1,546 voters

More lists with this book...

Duda Rocha
So I started reading this book earlier today, and I just couldn't put it down.
It was so gracefull, yes the story is sad, but at the same time isn't just about loss, is about learning to live with that loss, and and trying to deal with it.

I really liked how the characters dealed with the grieving and how they rely on each other to find happiness again.

It was a quick but enjoyable read, totally worth reading on a lazy afternoon.
Amanda
Loved it! Multi faceted : a romance, family relationships and dealing with a significant loss. All realistically dealt with by relatable characters. I found myself remembering how teenagers act in high school How you relate to the world at that age and learning some important life lessons. Life can really suck sometimes but you will eventually get through it and be stronger for the experience.

I love realistic fiction and this is a very fine example. The story flowed well (with a few typographica...more
Lisa
The process in which one goes through when faced with death and grief can't be explained through words. It's only truly understood, once it happens to you. The emotional pain and shock can change you're entire existence of what you once knew. This book nailed it. Quite often I read events that I personally went through when losing my own mother. Conversations from people that don't understand the magnitude of loss, but want to be supportive. Kimberly Russell has written a novel that touched my i...more
Christina Ulibarri
I was very privilege to read this book months ago. I immediately fell in love with the bond that Joey and her mother share. You are captivated by the relationships with in the story. I couldn’t put the book down. A great read for all ages. Kimberly Russell is a young author that I can’t wait to read more from! A++
Kelly
It was a cheapy from Nook, but I enjoyed it. Sad story really, but it did remind me that sometimes people are thrown in your life due to circumstances, and that can be a wonderful thing.
Amy
Sweet first novel by Kimberly Russell about a girl who tragically lost her mother and is left to navigate her grief alone.
Jaclyn
I really loved this book, I thought it was great! I can relate with the story and I loved the characters.
Truly Enjoyed.
Kimberly Russell
Sep 06, 2011 Kimberly Russell rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, i-wrote
The book can be purchased via Barnes and Nobels and Amazon.

Julie S.
This is a sweet and touching story about a teenage girl who loses her mother and everything she goes through. I'm not much of a book crier but my eyes were definitely not dry.
Cathy
This book was a great read and I loved the story. However, there were a lot of grammatical errors, but overall a great read.
Camila Aracellis
Camila Aracellis marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Camila Aracellis
Camila Aracellis marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Jessie Mon
Jessie Mon marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Sara Henley
Sara Henley marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Astrid
Astrid marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Nora
Nora marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Claaudiaa Gonzalez
Claaudiaa Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Sabree
Sabree marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Mmo
Mmo marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Alison Burski
Alison Burski marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
wombat_uprising
wombat_uprising marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Amanda Moore
Amanda Moore marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Bailey
Bailey marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Kendra Ayrey
Kendra Ayrey marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Book Giveaways: Ebook of Between Balloons! 1 6 Jan 19, 2013 06:23AM
  • Under the Dusty Sky (Holloway Farms, #1)
  • Severance (Volition, #2)
  • The Ocean
  • Suspense (The Spencer Nye Trilogy #1)
  • Something Of A Kind
  • Miss World
  • Dreamsleeves
  • A Place in This Life
  • Calli
  • Holding On and Letting Go (The Ties That Bind Us, #1)
  • Rise (Salvaged, #2)
  • You Had Me At Halo
  • Pure Red
  • Dolphin Girl
  • The Howling Boy
  • A Stiff Kiss
  • Blue Sky Days
  • Limerick  (The Shimmer Trilogy, #2)
Hello! I have written three novels - BETWEEN BALLOONS, THE ADORATION OF EMMA WYLDE, and THE TRUTH ABOUT LILLY BARNES. I am currently working on my fourth novel, MONA LOSER.
I’m obsessed with all things Jane Austen. I read a lot of YA but my all-time favorite is a cozy mystery. As far as teen books go I really love Stephanie Perkins, Sarah Dessen, Sara Zara, and Ann Brashares. As far as adult books...more
More about Kimberly Russell...
The Truth about Lilly Barnes Chaste (0.5) (a Short Story) The Adoration of Emma Wylde As You Were

“I am breathless, hopeless, and consumed. I now know that I am between balloons.” 5 likes
“He leans against me and gives a gentle push. I resist curving my neck into that place on his shoulder.” 5 likes