Start by marking “Confessions of an Air Hostess” as Want to Read:
Confessions of an Air Hostess

Confessions of an Air Hostess

Poor Annie. Dumped by her boyfriend via text this morning while en route to the airport, she can think of better things to do than stand on a plane demonstrating emergency procedure and pointing out low-level lighting to hundreds of uninterested passengers. But what's a cabin-crew gal to do when her love life hits turbulence? Annie bravely resolves to keep smiling through ...more
Published June 14th 2007 by Little Black Dress

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of an Air Hostess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of an Air Hostess

Meghan Cooper
Feb 21, 2010 Meghan Cooper rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Girls who love easy reads that make you laugh!
Marisa Mackle tells this hilarious story with style, Confessions of an Air Hostess is a fast moving story. I find the books are easy to read and keep you entertained for hours. Annie is devastated after she has been dumped by text by her boyfriend and she is sick of being an air hostess. She needs to get away and this is when she meets Danny. She quickly gets to know him well but will it last? Annie is an excellent leading character and she has an excellent sense of humour. The narrative through ...more
Andrea Ika
Mar 07, 2013 Andrea Ika rated it it was amazing
This is a funny story about (as you may guess from the title) an air hostess. It follows her search for love, her downfalls and then her victorious moments. Apart from being a fantastic story, this book is hilarious and cringey. The main character gets herself in all sorts of situations! It is one of those books that you don't have to work hard to read, you can relax and still follow it easily. It is a fantastic story with a lovely end. I know that anyone will enjoy this easy going tale.

Summary
T
Birazuykulu
Aug 30, 2015 Birazuykulu rated it it was ok
Yazarın anlatımı çok iyiydi, okurken hiç sıkılmadım. Çerezlik kitaplardan diyebiliriz yani okuyamama döneminde iseniz bu kitap ile atlatabilirsiniz.Yalnız sorun şu ki kitabın konusu -ana karakterin hostes olması dışında- çok klişe. Kitabı okurken neler olacağını bilerek okuyorsunuz. Ayrıca bir kadın karakter ve sayısız erkek karakter var. Yani bunu nasıl söylesem bilemiyorum ama ben bir süre sonra rahatsız oldum. "Bu erkek hangisiydi?" diye düşündüğüm oldu. "Bu kadın bununla ne yaşamıştı ya!" de ...more
Helen
Aug 29, 2012 Helen rated it liked it
A pretty fun and quick read.

Some parts of this story were very predicable, although I found one particular part of the ending (not giving anything away) really random in the context of the rest of the story - not in a million years would I have seen it coming.

I found some aspects of Annie and Danny's personalities quite inconsistent but if you want a quick read that will make you smile and give you a bit of an insight in to the "glamourous" world of an air hostess this would be a good choice.
Regan
Jun 26, 2009 Regan rated it it was ok
I literally flew through Confessions Of.. in two days. A great page turner and fun to read with a thumper at the end of each chapter. Would be even funnier to buy at the airport and read on board a flight.
I finished this book recently and was so sorry when it ended! This is the first book I have read by Marisa Mackle but I am going to read all the others now. For me it had just the right mix for a book - romance, emotion and very funny in parts.

Aimee Charlotte
Feb 27, 2014 Aimee Charlotte rated it did not like it

It reads like a string of Heat magazines sewn together.

There was something about shoes, something about celebrities. There was a tense dilemma near the end where our heroine had to deal with the fact someone else nearly bought the same dress as her, but it wasn't enough to really grip me.

Could be the worst book I've ever read. A must read for all budding female authors, you can probably do better.
mirole
Mar 21, 2014 mirole rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-the-book
This was a very enjoyable book. Lots of humour. I loved the author's voice (written in the 1st person as typical chick lit). At first Annie came off as a complete airhead but then gradually I came to learn her better and found some depth and poignancy.

It was also very interesting to read about airline cabin crew work from an insider's perspective.
Rory
Aug 07, 2011 Rory rated it it was ok
It is terrific from the first chapters (& really funny) to the middle, BUT I found 3 last chapters to be disappointing. Why does she have to spoil all about the sexy drunkard Danny & how they are in love with each other and then drop it in 1 chapter in the end, when she found he is just a fool drunken man who always cheat in on his beautiful girlfriend???
Samra Muslim
Mar 30, 2013 Samra Muslim rated it liked it
The book is actually extremely amusing in bits and pieces - esp. Annie's antics with as an Airhostess!!! Her love life ... ugh .... not really unique, is usual chick-lit drama ... On the whole, fun, time-pass, easy read!
Debs
Apr 17, 2013 Debs rated it really liked it
I read this book during Easter holiday when we went to England and read it only for 3 days. One of the book that I cannot put down :)
I like it because it seemed the story based on a real-life of an air hostess.
Jeanette Cupcake
Oct 22, 2015 Jeanette Cupcake rated it it was amazing
Ok...So this isn't the most thought provoking book, but it was super cute and hilarious, and I totally feel in love with Annie. And a lot of the air hostess part of the book was spot on. A really fun, fast, cute easy read!
Vicky
May 27, 2011 Vicky rated it did not like it
A poorly written book an not even very interesting. I'm surprised I managed to finish the stupid thing. The main character was a whiny brat. I'm not sure how this author even managed to get this book published.
Sharon
Apr 09, 2008 Sharon rated it liked it
Recommends it for: chicklit lovers
A quick easy read
Kathy Chung
Dec 02, 2012 Kathy Chung rated it liked it
Love the witty way the author wrote this book. Funny.

Need to improve on the plot. Kinda weird reading the part where the stalker appeared. That chapter felt "rushed".
Evangeline
May 31, 2010 Evangeline rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, womens-lit
Dross but a guilty pleasure nonetheless.
Diana
Jul 13, 2011 Diana rated it liked it
Funny yet very interesting!!!
Sakinah Azmi
Dec 07, 2012 Sakinah Azmi rated it really liked it
Love it! Funny and romantic at the same time.
Adelein
Jun 30, 2015 Adelein rated it really liked it
Ensimmäinen kokonaan englanniksi lukemani kirja. Hauska ja kevyt, vaikka minulla ei olekaan kokemusta lentokoneella matkustamisesta.
September Dee
Dec 02, 2014 September Dee rated it liked it
It's not great literature but then it is not meant to be. I fun story and especially a recommendation for anyone travelling on a holiday as a beach read.
S.
Jul 05, 2015 S. rated it really liked it
başlarda çok sıkıcıydı, geveze bir kadının iç sesini okumak boğdu. bırakmayıp birkaç sayfa devam edince fazlasıyla sardı! iyi ki okumuşum, tam yaz aylarında okunacak bir kitap. annie'yi sevdim :)
Barbara
Jun 05, 2009 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, 2008
I loved this book. Although bluntly predictable, this is a career that's always fascinated me, and now when I fly I don't look at air hostesses in the same way.
Jo Willis
Oct 07, 2013 Jo Willis rated it really liked it
Easy read! Pure chick lit.
Kwon
Kwon rated it did not like it
May 08, 2014
Vera
Vera rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Lynn
Lynn rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Irene Zaman
Irene Zaman rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2014
Lj
Lj rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Mione
Mione rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2013
Nick
Nick rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2014
Tamara
Tamara rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2013
  • Italian for Beginners
  • The Balance Thing
  • Hide Your Eyes
  • I Take This Man
  • Blue Remembered Heels (Sepatu Biru Kenangan)
  • A Valentine's Kiss
  • The One That Got Away (Hen Night Prophecies #1)
  • Just Say Yes