Start by marking “We Belong Together” as Want to Read:
We Belong Together

We Belong Together

4.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  220 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Because some things are just better together.

An ode to all the pairs that go together as perfectly as a parent and their child, this adorable board book is the perfect companion and follow-up title to YOU ARE MY CUPCAKE.

With a bright palette, irresistible art by Joyce Wan, and spot gloss and embossing on every spread, this is a surprising and imaginative way to show the sp
Board Book, 14 pages
Published October 1st 2011 by Cartwheel Books (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about We Belong Together, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Belong Together

Scott Rhee
Jun 06, 2014 Scott Rhee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Joyce Wan is a children's book author whose books are for pre-readers. They are joyously colorful board books with adorable personified objects and a strong artistic flair. Wan is clearly an artist, heavily inspired by Japanese pop art.

My 7-month-old daughter, who is still at that age where most books are much better to drool on than to read, actually loves these books. When my wife and I read them to her, our daughter's eyes light up and she giggles hysterically. She loves the cute little face
Peacegal
May 11, 2012 Peacegal rated it really liked it
It's true: I love inanimate objects with faces. Take a boring old apple and draw a face on it, and I'm in 'squee!' heaven. So you can just imagine how much I loved this book, which features everything from mittens to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches just grinning away.

I docked this one a star because it featured smiling eggs and bacon sizzling in a pan. All of the cutesy faces in the world ain't going to make that happy.
Dustin
Dec 11, 2011 Dustin rated it really liked it
My son really liked this book. The pictures are fantastic. Asher enjoys 'reading' the book himself over and over again. We then talk about what else belongs together. My favorite that he came up with is Him and me! Thanks Joyce!
Dewey
Nov 18, 2015 Dewey rated it really liked it
Shelves: st-unsorted
This book is adorable. The illustrations are super cute, and it would be a really sweet book to use for a baby storytime. The only thing I don't like is the "you're my perfect pear" ending. The whole books about things that belong together, like cookies and milk or peanut butter and jelly....or pears, apparently? I feel like there could have been a cuter way to end it.
Joan Marie
Jan 26, 2016 Joan Marie rated it really liked it
Smiley graphic illustrations will catch toddler's eyes!
Scottsdale Public Library
Do you and your special little someone go together like peas and carrots? Peanut butter and jelly? Milk and cookies? This adorable board book is the perfect book for two. Check it out and enjoy!

-Lindsey D.-

Christiana
Dec 14, 2011 Christiana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby
I loved this. I made everyone read it, including my boyfriend, like the former children's librarian I am.
Holly
Jan 24, 2012 Holly rated it it was amazing
This is the cutest little board book ever!!! Perfect gift for any little kid age 0-3!
Logan Wilson
Mar 24, 2012 Logan Wilson rated it liked it
It was good, and I think it would be enjoyed well by little kids.
Josiah
Sep 26, 2015 Josiah rated it it was ok
A pre-reader classic? I wouldn't bet against it. Joyce Wan knows what she's doing in writing and illustrating stories designed to draw parent and baby closer, and I've seen her books' effectiveness in action. Almost from before the time my sister's baby could focus her eyes on the pages of a book, she smiled and laughed when we read We Belong Together to her. It's hard to argue that any two good buddies could be much sweeter together than the standby pairs (or is that "pears"? ;-) described in ...more
Jennifer Meyer
Feb 21, 2015 Jennifer Meyer rated it it was amazing
I ADORE the art.
I recommend it to anyone looking for a good board book or super cute art.
Kayla Embry
Dec 12, 2011 Kayla Embry rated it it was amazing
I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway and it is a cute little book!

I haven't read YOU ARE MY CUPCAKE, which this book is a follow up to, but I loved this one! It is a wonderful book that shows how certain things belong together perfectly just like a parent and a child and how strong their bond is. I don't have children but I have a nephew and many young cousins that would enjoy this book.

As an artist at heart, I throughly enjoyed the illustrations, the colors, and the gloss and embossing a
Steven R. McEvoy
Sep 08, 2012 Steven R. McEvoy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012, read-2011
This book is a little different from most board books, in that it starts on the front cover and continues right through to the back cover. It is a little book about us belonging together, like many examples of pairs from the book. Some of the pairings are milk and cookies, mittens, peanut butter and jelly, pencil and paper, bacon and eggs, fork and spoon. It is a great little book that children will ask to have read to them over and over again.

Read the review on my blog Book Reviews and More.
Jenn Swanson
Aug 03, 2014 Jenn Swanson rated it really liked it
My daughter loves this book!
Gwen
Shelves: childrens-books
Felicitous similes!
Bethany
Jan 09, 2014 Bethany rated it it was amazing
My two-year-old and I both have this memorized, and LOVE it. Good design, clever text, and adorable illustrations.
Maureen
Dec 13, 2012 Maureen rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-book, children
This board book for babies and toddlers is a beautiful way for a parent to tell a child how much they love them. The simple text talks about object pairs, peanut butter & jelly, fork & spoon, etc., that children will easily be familiar with associating together. The illustrations are simple, yet bright, colorful, and engaging.
Westerville
Dec 29, 2011 Westerville rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, picture_book
Off the cuteness charts with this one. There is probably no more perfect gift for your little one or your honey. The spot gloss and embossing will make you want to pet it while you squee. - Becky, Teen Librarian

Reserve a library copy!
Meredith
Sweetly illustrated, this book shows pairs of inanimate objects with smiling faces (cookies and milk, bacon and eggs, two mittens, a fork and a spoon, hot chocolate and marshmallows) that go together just like the reader and baby.
ReadingWench
Jan 23, 2012 ReadingWench rated it it was amazing
As other readers have said the "cuteness of this book is off the charts !" I love this book. I love the texture in the book, the fonts, the pictures, the words, the faces, and all the hearts.

WE BELONG TOGETHER is a book about love.
Drew Graham
Jun 16, 2015 Drew Graham rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Some things just belong together.

This book is kind of awesome. The illustrations celebrating paired inanimate objects are tactile, vibrant and modern, and feature rosy cheeks and understandably smiling faces. Bacon every day!
Jocelin
Feb 07, 2012 Jocelin rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Such a sweet little book. The graphics are absolutely precious. Love the different things that go together: cookies & milk, etc. It's little books like this that make you wish you were a kid again.
Rebecca
Dec 27, 2011 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Rebecca by: Christiana
Beth
Apr 04, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Received the book from Goodreads Giveaway. Looking forward to sharing it with my newest Grandchild. Great pictures Cute sayings. Any baby will enjoy it
Sep 18, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Sweet for wee ones and their special somebodies... about things that belong together (peanut butter and jelly, bacon and eggs, etc.)
Becky
Aug 02, 2012 Becky rated it it was amazing
LOVE this book. The illustrations are so cute! My son loves it too and always wants to read it over, and over, and over...
Wendy
Jan 07, 2012 Wendy rated it it was amazing
One of the most adorable board books I've ever seen! Sending it to my nephews to see what they think.
Jan 05, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-reads
Bought this for my youngest for Christmas 2012... the pictures were too cute to resist. :)
  • Alice in Wonderland: A BabyLit® Colors Primer
  • Cozy Classics: Pride and Prejudice
  • Hugs from Pearl
  • Little You
  • Lovabye Dragon
JOYCE WAN is an award-winning author-illustrator of several books for children, including You Are My Cupcake (Cartwheel), We Belong Together (Cartwheel), and the 2015 Junior Library Guild selection There’s A Whale In My Swimming Pool (FSG). Sleepyheads (Beach Lane), written by Sandra Howatt, was most recently chosen as a CCBC 2015 Children’s Choice Selection. Joyce is the founder of Wanart design ...more
More about Joyce Wan...