Start by marking “Textured Stitches: Knitted Sweaters and Accessories with Smart Details” as Want to Read:
Textured Stitches: Knitted Sweaters and Accessories with Smart Details

Textured Stitches: Knitted Sweaters and Accessories with Smart Details

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Beloved knitwear designer Connie Chang Chinchio presents for the first time a complete collection of twenty brand-new designs.

Knitters know Connie Chang Chinchio’s wildly popular patterns from Knitscene and Interweave Knits and will be clamoring for this book of original projects. Textured Stitches brings her trademark combination of simple knitting with lovely patterned s
Published January 3rd 2012 by Interweave Press (first published December 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Textured Stitches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Textured Stitches

Tonileg
So I'm slowly buying the Interweave collection of knitting pattern books.
This is yet another that was pretty cheap as a good used book so I took a chance.
About half of the patterns are interesting, but this is mostly sweaters and cardigans with personal touches which stay deeply in the classic with class where too many of the new knitting pattern books are delving too far into the kitsch.
I'm planning to whip up the cover sweater called Intagliata Henley which needs for a 94cm bust, 4 skeins for
Grace
Disclaimer, the tribe of women with PhDs in Physics is quite small and I know Connie personally.

I bought her book and was very impressed. The photo previews on the publisher's website don't do the book justice. Yes, there are nice and wearable projects for real life. Yes, they combine interesting textured detailing with quick and easy stockinette so that the projects can be finished in realistic time frames. Yes, the sweaters are beautifully photographed to show off the yummy yarn.

But the real
Janeen K
A library book I more then likely will be purchasing. I am a big fan of cardigans and Connie Chang Chinchio designs in this book are fabulous. What I love about the first two cardigans, Professoressa and the Lustro are the texture/cables going up the front. No buttons this is the way I love wearing a cardigan.
Fincalian
This book had some nice looking patterns. I can't knit yet, but I liked at least half of these patterns. When I eventually tackle knitting my first piece of clothing, I'll remember this book.
Melissa
I love Interweave publications. The styling makes all the finished pieces look so effortless - I just want to knit everything.

Love Connie choice in details. Nothing too fussy or overworked :)
Sara
I loved these sweaters and other knitted items. The sweater I knitted fits extremely well and is gorgeous. I hope to also knit a hat and gloves as well as possibly more sweaters.
jahiebert
Lovely book design, like all Interweave books, but the only pattern that really caught my eye was the Intagliata Henley (shown on the cover).
Tilden
Some patterns I like and would want to knit. Simple lines but with cables, lace, and other patterns, the knits are more interesting.
Heywu
Patterns are simple and complex. I may buy this book to learn how to transfer the textured stitches to dog sweaters.
Dana *
beautiful projects, intricate and well explained details A project book.
Bobbi
Like Bianca Headband p. 35; not crazy about other patterns
Susinok
Great designs in here.
Rachel Myers
Rachel Myers is currently reading it
Feb 27, 2015
Leslie Jem
Leslie Jem is currently reading it
Feb 26, 2015
Joan
Joan added it
Jan 04, 2015
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Annabelledaffodil
Annabelledaffodil marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014