Start by marking “An Accident Waiting To Happen” as Want to Read:
An Accident Waiting To Happen

An Accident Waiting To Happen

Manchester-based story of a young man trying to muddle through and make sense of his life when his partner runs off, leaves him with her son, a custody fight on his hands and two puzzles to solve just what the heck has happened to her and how the heck is he going to cope.
Published August 3rd 2004 by Penguin Ireland

To ask other readers questions about An Accident Waiting To Happen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Accident Waiting To Happen

Katy
Jul 01, 2012 Katy rated it liked it
Jill Burkinshaw
Mar 24, 2014 Jill Burkinshaw rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
I had several attempts at trying to get 'into' this book but I have now given up and allocated it to my 'abandoned' shelf. The synopsis sounds good but all the jumping about all over the place I didn't know where I was or where I was going he tells about a crash with no link to the characters or info on what happened I worked out further on that at some point the main character had a relationship with one of the victims after the crash and there is mention of a house fire etc it just seems to be ...more
Linda
Oct 08, 2016 Linda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Poor guy

Main character was portrayed as weak and ineffective he allowed his misfortunes to plague him. The relationship with his son was the parts of the book I liked, that was when I felt he actually was a hero. His interactions with women bored me.
Paula Fairlamb
Had some mild panic in places if I'm honest, and a little tear at one point, but it could have been a real heart-thumping thriller. To be fair, I don't think that is what was intended in the story at all. Worth a read if you're looking for something quick and easy.
Donna Irwin
Bought as a kindle deal, this book was quite intriguing. The narrative style was a bit irritating, with jumping backwards, and the ending all a bit sudden and convenient, but it was well written, and the mystery surrounding the main characters was well dealt with.
Eleri
Jun 21, 2012 Eleri rated it liked it
I didn't like the way this book was written to begin with, but once I got used to the style of writing I found I was drawn in, and in the end I I was interested what would happen. I enjoyed it and found the ending good but not my usual type of book really.
Claire
Sep 12, 2012 Claire rated it it was ok
I found this book a bit slow in places and thought it was a strange ending, almost like the author didn't know how to end it!
Jack
Nov 10, 2012 Jack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story about the relationship between a man and a woman, influenced by previous relationships and events
Danielle
Jan 04, 2013 Danielle rated it liked it
The kind of book you can rattle through in a day. Very readable, engaging and full of vivid characters. But a real cop-out ending.
Jacqueline Galloway
Jacqueline Galloway rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2017
Fionric
Fionric rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2012
Jane Lomax
Jane Lomax rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
May 29, 2014
Gillian
Gillian rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Rach Triogirl
Rach Triogirl rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Amanda Aylwin
Amanda Aylwin rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it it was ok
Apr 12, 2017
Annmarie Lee
Annmarie Lee rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2012
Penny West
Penny West rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2017
Alyson Brenchley
Alyson Brenchley rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2015
Mandy
Mandy rated it liked it
May 25, 2014
Rachael Murphy
Rachael Murphy rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2012
Sandra Blickett
Sandra Blickett rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Katrina
Katrina rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2015
M Douglas
M Douglas rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2016
Fiona Frew
Fiona Frew rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Yvonne Magee
Yvonne Magee rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Transferring photos to book jackets 7 38 Feb 27, 2012 10:00AM
Adrian White is an English writer who has lived in Ireland for over twenty-five years. His first novel, An Accident Waiting to Happen, was published in print by Penguin Books - as was his second novel, Where the Rain Gets In. Both are now available in print and digital.

Dancing to the End of Love is published by Black & White Publishing of Edinburgh.
More about Adrian White...