Start by marking “Fox (The Vendetta, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fox (The Vendetta, #1)

Read eBook* *Different edition

Fox (The Vendetta #1)

A wind whips through the trees, carrying with it the call of Pandora’s Box. It will choose one victim, as it does every year, and beckon its quarry to open it. He will have one year to find the box. Or die.

Twenty-year-old Fox is heir to the House of Lords, a group dedicated to protecting Pandora’s Box from the chosen who seek to open it. When the new chosen kidnaps her fat
Published August 3rd 2011 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Fox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fox

Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
When I first saw the cover I knew I was going to read it and I was actually trying to win it from Librarything, but Parrisha was kind enough to give away 5 free copies to those who asked and so I received one. I'm very happy I did because I really enjoyed it, not to mention the cover is gorgeous! I wish I had a paperback copy just so I could look at it in person.

Anyway, cover love aside let me talk about the actual story. The first thing about the summary that drew me in was the promise of mytho
Cassandra
Aug 19, 2011 Cassandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Fox is the very first novel of new author Parrisha Martelly. I was surprised at how well written the novel was considering Parrisha is only 21. I still can't believe it. Even though the novel was well written, it was very hard for me to get into while reading it. I would give Fox 3 3/4 stars, but I'm rounding to 4 since there isn't the option. Parts of the story felt as though they were skimmed through, like when movies go to commercial or chop parts out of the story.

Fox is on a mission to save
Nicole
Sep 10, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The main character Fox, was one that I felt I could understand. She is a loner not by choice but because those in her town are afraid of her. Fox is a very likable lead, she's strong yet not closed off even though others fear her, she still goes out of her way to help those that need her assistance. Fox as the heir to the House of Lords is a warrior, one of the best. I enjoyed learning about Fox's back story which made me like her even more. There are parts of Fox's past that are sad yet most o ...more
Ryne Billings
Aug 06, 2011 Ryne Billings rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fox, Book 1 of the Vendetta Series, is the debut novel of Parrisha Martelly.

As a fan of Greek mythology, I loved the premise to Fox. In order to avoid spoilers, I'll just say that Pandora's Box plays a large role in the series, which is pretty clear from the product description.

Here's what I loved about the story:
~It had a great plot.
~The author's writing style is impressive, especially considering that this is her debut novel.
~The characters seemed to be fleshed out very well.
~There was e
L.E.Olteano
Originally posted on Mar 21 2012 at Butterfly-o-Meter Books:

That cover is absolutely and completely gorgeous! Just gorgeous. I had to begin by saying that.

Now, this is a high fantasy novel with the adventure type of scenario. This has been my reading phunk niche for a while now, but I think it's reached the height of no-modjo. I just couldn't get into it at all. I just couldn't. I read something like half of the book, trying my best to become interested in the story. I'm sorry, it didn't happen
Katherine
Oct 02, 2011 Katherine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
While you can tell that the author is young, this is a very solid first novel. The plot is intriguing and ends with enough mystery to make you want to read the next in the series. The characters need fleshed out a bit more, all of the dialogue tends to sound the same, but overall a very good book. 3.5/5.
Scott
Oct 02, 2011 Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book through the Goodreads First Reads program. Since this is not the type of book I usually read, I was a bit apprehensive, but this was quickly replaced by interest. The story drew me in quickly, and was very impressed by this young author. The book is the first in a series, and I will be watching to see when future volumes are published.
Lisa Elizabeth
I really enjoyed this book! Well written, interesting characters & plot and a bit of a cliffhanger/whodunit ending to keep the reader on their toes for the next installment. I will definitely be reading the sequel.
Krizia Anna
This book was okay. Nothing exceptional. It was not boring but also not that exciting. The story was predictable. It gave me a dèja vu experience, like I've read this before. I do hope it gets better as the series progresses.
Erica Harwood
Erica Harwood rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2012
Phatpuppy Art
Phatpuppy Art rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2011
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2011
Molly
Molly rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2015
Tanya
Tanya rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2015
Gabby
Gabby rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2012
Maghie Ghali
Maghie Ghali rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2012
Brandi
Brandi rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2012
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2013
Rav
Rav rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2014
Layal Zaidan
Layal Zaidan rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2011
Irene
Irene rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2013
Madison Roy
Madison Roy rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2017
Kayla
Kayla rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2013
Louise Buxton
Louise Buxton rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2013
Tawnya McBride
Tawnya McBride rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2011
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2013
Mbflady
Mbflady rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2012
Nurul Shuhada
Nurul Shuhada rated it really liked it
May 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #1)
  • Memory's Wake (Memory's Wake Trilogy, #1)
  • The Fire Wars (Fire Wars, #1)
  • A Marked Past (The Mercer Legacy, #1)
  • The Veil
  • Sleight (AVRA-K #1)
  • Mundahlia (The Mundahlian Era, #1)
  • Altered
  • The Apocalypse Gene
  • PineLight (PineLight, #1)
  • Diamond Eyes (Mira Chambers #1)
  • Stay (Callie Rose #1)
  • Not So Snow White
  • Josephine Lost
  • Opera Macabre
  • Cicada (Cicada, #1)
  • Bittersweet (Bittersweet #1)
  • Soul Protector (Soul Protector #1)
Hello! My name is Parrisha Martelly, and I am an avid lover of fantasy, chick-lit, historical romance, African American fiction, and self-development books. When I'm not writing short stories and novels, I am spending time with my family, going to concerts, and exploring California.

My first novel, Fox, was released on August 3rd.

If you have any general comments, questions, and concerns, please fee
More about Parrisha Martelly...