Start by marking “Lorenzo il Magnifico” as Want to Read:
Lorenzo il Magnifico

Lorenzo il Magnifico

Fed up with Leeds and his job in the call centre, Luke's packed his bag and takes his hard-on to Florence, hoping it will be the start of a new chapter in his life. A chance meeting with a tall, handsome waiter and that chapter starts far sooner than he could ever have imagined.

Lorenzo is a restaurateur with meat and two veg to rival any competition, and is everything Luke
Kindle Edition
Published August 5th 2011 by Evernight Publishing (first published August 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Lorenzo il Magnifico, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lorenzo il Magnifico

Reena Jacobs
Jan 23, 2012 Reena Jacobs rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2012-reads
My review also on Ramblings of an Amateur Writer: http://reenajacobs.com/blog/?p=9833

For the longest time... okay, for the last couple of years, I've wanted to read a romance written by a male. Lorenzo il Magnifico gave me that opportunity. It's one of those books which hit me on a psychological level.

It was interesting to find the main character in the book had a lot of the same insecurities I have going into new relationships. Luke offered a sort of rawness he shared with the reader, and it ma
Susan Roebuck
Aug 12, 2011 Susan Roebuck rated it it was amazing
Watch out all you famous authors at the forefront of m/m hot fiction – there’s a new boy in town!

Tristram’s first novel, “On My Knees”, has been swiftly followed by a real corker: Lorenzo il Magnifico
Although Luke has an art-history degree, he’s working in a call-centre in Leeds. Mundane indeed but he’s expecting life to take a turn for the better as he leaves on a short holiday to Florence. Where he meets vibrant Lorenzo.
Although Luke was only seeking holiday excitement, the attraction between
Katherine Wyvern
Feb 03, 2012 Katherine Wyvern rated it it was amazing
It was amusing and slightly surreal to read a story of this sort set in Italy, my native country; one gets so used to fantasy, S/F or period settings that it is almost shocking to read a sort of erotica-in-your-backyard book. A very realistic Italy too, dirty and messy, complete with Vespas, Alfas, dangerous drivers and obnoxious dog poops. Some details were not quite believable, like the perfectly punctual train, but I am a forgiving creature and will let that pass.

I really enjoyed the style of
LutaWolf
Oct 08, 2011 LutaWolf rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed-for-tbr
The plot was cute and I loved the amount of details put into the book. I found myself literally sucked into Italy. I could see it, feel it, and taste it. I was completely and utterly there. It was a steady, easy read, that for the most part was an enjoyable read. However what I didn’t enjoy were the characters. They were well written, that wasn’t the problem. The problem was that they just aren’t likable characters. Luke comes off as very whiney. At the start of the book he is complaining non-st ...more
Renzo
Sep 10, 2011 Renzo rated it it was amazing
After reading La Roche's first book, On My Knees, I couldn't wait for his next one. I was not disappointed. Lorenzo il Magnifico is perhaps a bit more towards erotica than OMK - there is more sex and it is really well executed. I also loved the way La Roche makes us feel as if we are in those Florentine streets without overdoing the description. I think it's called white porcelain prose and he is certainly a master of it. The main character, Luke, is just like someone I know; a good guy but flaw ...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Enter Contest Here: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

Despite my personal feelings of the characters I have to recommend this simply because the details are that good. When you fall into a book and feel as though your watching it
ManOhMan
Sep 04, 2011 ManOhMan rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed by Max: My problems with this novella began when I started to not like the main character. This happened early on in the story and my opinion of him didn't change as I kept reading.

Luke comes across as an arrogant prick. I can't help but wonder what attracted Lorenzo to him. It had to have been his looks because it certainly wasn't his personality.

The sex was okay and there was lots of it. It didn't do anything for me and again this stems from my dislike of the main character.

I enjoye
Shannon
Mar 04, 2013 Shannon rated it liked it
Cute story. Nothing deep and I'm sure I'll forget about tomorrow but it was a nice way to spend an hour or two. Luke, an Englishman in a dead end job goes on vacation to Italy and meets Lorenzo and they start a sweet romance. That's it in a nutshell.
Michael Joseph
Jan 09, 2013 Michael Joseph rated it liked it
Shelves: gay-contemporary
You can find my full review of Lorenzo il Magnifico at my web site.
Kinga
Kinga rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2011
Catherine Cavendish
Catherine Cavendish rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2011
Lily
Lily rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2012
William
William rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2014
Daniel deLoite
Daniel deLoite rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2012
Sanne C
Sanne C rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2014
Christy B
Christy B rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2012
Antonia van Zandt
Antonia van Zandt rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2012
Emma Shortt
Emma Shortt rated it it was amazing
Leslie
Leslie rated it liked it
May 11, 2012
Stephen Hickman
Stephen Hickman rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2017
Terry
Terry rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2012
Robin
Robin rated it did not like it
Jun 18, 2012
Tristram Roche
Aug 05, 2011 Tristram Roche added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tj
Tj marked it as to-read
T.
T. marked it as to-read
Julia
Julia is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2011
M'rella
M'rella marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2011
Avery Flynn
Avery Flynn marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2011
Rachel Emily
Rachel Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2011
Clover
Clover marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2011
Erik Orrantia
Erik Orrantia marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2011
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2011
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2011
Kimberly Be
Kimberly Be marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2011
Mika
Mika marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2011
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2011
Kevin
Kevin added it
Sep 20, 2011
Kiki
Kiki added it
Oct 05, 2011
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2011
Arielle
Arielle marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2011
Chris Bails
Chris Bails marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2011
Kristine Victoria
Kristine Victoria marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2011
Blackheart
Blackheart marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2011
Mireille Chester
Mireille Chester marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2011
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2011
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2011
Neko
Neko marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2012
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2012
Felicia
Felicia is currently reading it
Feb 13, 2012
Tristram La Roche was born in London and spent much of his childhood in Europe. His career has included tourism and yacht charter, as well as a brief period working as a freelance journalist. His interests include travel, art, music, opera, cinema, books and current affairs, and he is passionate about the rights of the GLBT community. La Roche's work pushes the boundaries of traditional romance, a ...more
More about Tristram La Roche...