Lorenzo il Magnifico

Lorenzo il Magnifico

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Fed up with Leeds and his job in the call centre, Luke's packed his bag and takes his hard-on to Florence, hoping it will be the start of a new chapter in his life. A chance meeting with a tall, handsome waiter and that chapter starts far sooner than he could ever have imagined.

Lorenzo is a restaurateur with meat and two veg to rival any competition, and is everything Luke...more
ebook
Published August 5th 2011 by Evernight Publishing (first published August 3rd 2011)

Susan Roebuck
Watch out all you famous authors at the forefront of m/m hot fiction – there’s a new boy in town!

Tristram’s first novel, “On My Knees”, has been swiftly followed by a real corker: Lorenzo il Magnifico
Although Luke has an art-history degree, he’s working in a call-centre in Leeds. Mundane indeed but he’s expecting life to take a turn for the better as he leaves on a short holiday to Florence. Where he meets vibrant Lorenzo.
Although Luke was only seeking holiday excitement, the attraction between...more
Reena Jacobs
My review also on Ramblings of an Amateur Writer: http://reenajacobs.com/blog/?p=9833

For the longest time... okay, for the last couple of years, I've wanted to read a romance written by a male. Lorenzo il Magnifico gave me that opportunity. It's one of those books which hit me on a psychological level.

It was interesting to find the main character in the book had a lot of the same insecurities I have going into new relationships. Luke offered a sort of rawness he shared with the reader, and it ma...more
Katherine Wyvern
It was amusing and slightly surreal to read a story of this sort set in Italy, my native country; one gets so used to fantasy, S/F or period settings that it is almost shocking to read a sort of erotica-in-your-backyard book. A very realistic Italy too, dirty and messy, complete with Vespas, Alfas, dangerous drivers and obnoxious dog poops. Some details were not quite believable, like the perfectly punctual train, but I am a forgiving creature and will let that pass.

I really enjoyed the style of...more
LutaWolf
The plot was cute and I loved the amount of details put into the book. I found myself literally sucked into Italy. I could see it, feel it, and taste it. I was completely and utterly there. It was a steady, easy read, that for the most part was an enjoyable read. However what I didn’t enjoy were the characters. They were well written, that wasn’t the problem. The problem was that they just aren’t likable characters. Luke comes off as very whiney. At the start of the book he is complaining non-st...more
Renzo
After reading La Roche's first book, On My Knees, I couldn't wait for his next one. I was not disappointed. Lorenzo il Magnifico is perhaps a bit more towards erotica than OMK - there is more sex and it is really well executed. I also loved the way La Roche makes us feel as if we are in those Florentine streets without overdoing the description. I think it's called white porcelain prose and he is certainly a master of it. The main character, Luke, is just like someone I know; a good guy but flaw...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Enter Contest Here: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

Despite my personal feelings of the characters I have to recommend this simply because the details are that good. When you fall into a book and feel as though your watching it...more
ManOhMan
Reviewed by Max: My problems with this novella began when I started to not like the main character. This happened early on in the story and my opinion of him didn't change as I kept reading.

Luke comes across as an arrogant prick. I can't help but wonder what attracted Lorenzo to him. It had to have been his looks because it certainly wasn't his personality.

The sex was okay and there was lots of it. It didn't do anything for me and again this stems from my dislike of the main character.

I enjoye...more
Shannon
Cute story. Nothing deep and I'm sure I'll forget about tomorrow but it was a nice way to spend an hour or two. Luke, an Englishman in a dead end job goes on vacation to Italy and meets Lorenzo and they start a sweet romance. That's it in a nutshell.
Michael Joseph
You can find my full review of Lorenzo il Magnifico at my web site.
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Pati
Pati marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
Dana
Dana added it
Dec 26, 2012
Alex Carreras
Alex Carreras marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
Kellie Dennis
Kellie Dennis marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2012
Lillian Francis
Lillian Francis marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2012
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2012
Gardenbear
Gardenbear marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2012
Don Bradshaw
Don Bradshaw marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Tristram La Roche was born in London and spent much of his childhood in Europe. His career has included tourism and yacht charter, as well as a brief period working as a freelance journalist. His interests include travel, art, music, opera, cinema, books and current affairs, and he is passionate about the rights of the GLBT community. La Roche's work pushes the boundaries of traditional romance, a...more
More about Tristram La Roche...
On My Knees The Hun and The General Fixed Halloween Heat I Manthology