Start by marking “প্রথম প্রতিশ্রুতি” as Want to Read:
প্রথম প্রতিশ্রুতি

প্রথম প্রতিশ্রুতি (সত্যবতী, সুবর্ণলতা, বকুল ট্রিলজি #1)

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  241 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Story of an uncommon woman who dared to break the the so-called ruled made to control the lives of the-then bengali women.
509 pages
Published by Ananda Publishers (first published January 1st 1964)

To ask other readers questions about প্রথম প্রতিশ্রুতি, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about প্রথম প্রতিশ্রুতি

The story of a young girl from rural bengal who is very conscious of her right to live and be respected. A rebel, she can face her venerable father, whom she adores, and point out his mistake. A fighter for truth and her search for the meaning of a Woman's life. Her struggle to educate her daughter and the protest when she is thwarted in this by her husband and mother in law. A strong and courageous character who we all admire but would rather not have in our own families.
Every woman need to read it.
What a book!! What a great author!!
My salutations to 'Ashapurna Devi', Boss you are incomparable, for me she is the BEST Bengali author ever for fiction.
The writing style, the granularity, the characterizations, the clarity, the consistency-- all of it come alive with such a great force, that the seasoned reader is overwhelemed!
After this I continued reading her other books (Subarnalatha & Bakul Katha- both Hindi translations) & I was ever-amazed to see that her grip as a story-teller ne
Hari M
Having read the Malayalam translation of 'Pratham Prathishruthi' i dearly miss not having known Bengali..!

The translation is awesome..but to think there always are things lost in translation makes this one even more inspiring a book to reach out for..and the depth of Bengali literature should definitely at par or even more than Malayalam!

Moving on to the rest of the trilogy " Suvarnalatha" n "Bakul Katha" offers a brighter vision of the transformation of bengali culture, society and the life of
Jhumjhum Chakrabarti
A powerful story written by a woman about another. Dealing with the life of Satyabati, the protagonist, the author holds up live the life and life style of the women in pre independence era. A time when submission to the tradition and caste norms was considered all and all, Satyabati and her father rise up to be a benchmark for all in their own way. However, like always their thoughts and ideas meet with opposition especially Satyabati 's for she being a girl. Miles ahead of their times, the pro ...more
Antara Ghosh
Read it years ago, as a teenager.
Got hold of the book last week, and started reading, just realized, I remember every plot, every scene, almost every dialogue, even after 15 years! And btw, my memory usually suck.
This is such a beautiful portrait.
One of the best books I ever read.
Subarno Bhattacharya
Reading the bengali edition of this book "Pratham Pratisruti".
Denim Datta
সতযবতী - সুবরণলতা - বকুল : তিন পরজনম
পরথম পরতিশরুতি - সুবরণলতা - বকুলকথা : তিন উপনযাস

তিন পরজনমের কাহিনীর সুতরপাত 'পরথম পরতিশরুতি' থেকে, যা পরথম পরজনম সতযবতী কে কেনদর করে| সেকালের একচেটিয়া পুরুষতানতরিক সমাজের বিদরোহিনী অগনিশিখা, নারীর সবাধিকার অরজনের চেষটায় পরায জীবন উৎসরগ করা সতযবতীর জনম, শৈশব ও পরবরতী জীবন এই উপনযাস এর বিষয়|

যদিও আশাপূরণা দেবীর মতো লেখিকার উপনযাস সমবনধে এ কথা বলা সমপূরণ অপরয়োজনীয় (হয়তো বাচালতা), তবুও, এক শতক আগের বাংলার দৈননদিন জীবনযাতরা, সমাজবযবসথা এবং অনদরমহলের জীবন, তাদের পরত
Monalisa Ghosh
A book which made me realise that how far our society has travelled with respect to woomen and nd it is because of "satyabati"s today Bengali as well as Indian women are literally excelling in all fields.
Nilanjana Rai
Some stories nvr grow old. You can always relate them with the contemporary society in their essence. Pratham Pratishruti will always remain as one of the inspirational works. Beautifully narrated, it surely cuts a mark.
how to read it ???? pls tell me someone
Souvik Khamrui
A masterpiece. The story of a woman’s struggles against all social odds - some triumphs, some defeats.
Soorma Das
One of the best novels by Ashapurna Devi..the plot,characters are so well sketched out that one,atleast I, wished to be in the protagonist's shoes..One can read it as many times you want..The author even brings into light,wonderfully,the Calcutta and the villages of that time..
Sushant Jha
First book by any woman author to get Gyanpeeth. It captures the struggle of three generation of Bengali women starting from later half of 19th century. The book is part first of the trilogy.It is published in English titled "First Promise". A must read.
a wonderful book. While reading it I found myself thinking that I found myself with a little treasure in my hands. Beautiful language. Nice and interesting story. Sometimes a little bit confusing with all the names and who is whose relative.
Nawrin Boshra
বইটা পড়ে "সতযবতী" হতে চেয়েছিলাম... এতোটাই পরিয়!!! ...more
Karobi Ganguly
Karobi Ganguly marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Deluar marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Amar added it
Oct 05, 2015
Bhababhuti marked it as to-read
Pankaj Dharwal
Pankaj Dharwal marked it as to-read
Jahanara Ahmed
Jahanara Ahmed marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Soura Sana
Soura Sana marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Saura Thakur
Saura Thakur marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Abhishek Mitra
Abhishek Mitra marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Nusrat Jahan
Nusrat Jahan marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
  • আরণ্যক (Aranyak)
  • দেশে বিদেশে
  • সেরা সন্দেশ
  • টেনিদা সমগ্র
  • উত্তরাধিকার (অনিমেষ, #১)
  • ব্যোমকেশ সমগ্র (ব্যোমকেশ বক্সী গোয়েন্দা কাহিনী #1-33)
  • বিশ্বাসঘাতক
  • জোছনা ও জননীর গল্প
Ashapurna Devi (Bengali: আশাপূরণা দেবী), also Ashapoorna Debi or Asha Purna Devi, is a prominent Bengali novelist and poet. She has been widely honoured with a number of prizes and awards. She was awarded 1976 Jnanpith Award and the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 1976; D.Litt by the Universities of Jabalpur, Rabindra Bharati, Burdwan and Jadavpur. Vishwa Bharati University honoured her w ...more
More about Ashapurna Devi...

সত্যবতী, সুবর্ণলতা, বকুল ট্রিলজি (3 books)
  • সুবর্ণলতা
  • বকুল কথা
সুবর্ণলতা বকুল কথা দশটি কিশোর উপন্যাস আশাপূর্ণা দেবীর ছোটগল্প সঙ্কলন রাজকুমারের পোশাকে

“যাকে সামনে সমীহ করতে বাধ্য হতে হয়, তাকে আড়ালে নিন্দে করতে না পেলে বাঁচবে কেমন করে মানুষ?” 8 likes
“এতো আলো পৃথিবীতে, তবু পৃথিবীর মানুষগুলো এতো অন্ধকারে কেন?” 6 likes