Start by marking “Bingo Brown, Gypsy Lover (Bingo Brown, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bingo Brown, Gypsy Lover (Bingo Brown, #3)

Bingo Brown, Gypsy Lover (Bingo Brown #3)

"The irrepressible Bingo Brown is back, in his most delightful tale yet. It's Christmastime at the Brown house, and what a holiday it's shaping up to be. Bingo's mother is pregnant, and if the prospect of a sibling isn't enough . . . the hapless hero also has female trouble. . . . Readers will find themselves laughing out loud".--Publishers Weekly.
Published April 1st 1992 by Puffin (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Bingo Brown, Gypsy Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bingo Brown, Gypsy Lover

Emily
Jan 27, 2012 Emily rated it it was amazing
I just love Bingo Brown. Although this is a juvenile chapter book, I, a 31 year old adult found myself laughing aloud on several occasions. Bingo continues his relationship with Melissa; his main conflict comes when he has to buy her a Christmas gift. What should he get her? What's she getting him? How to convey the depths of his emotion on only $3? So funny. Also, Bingo's mom is having a baby, so there are Burning Questions about Big Brotherhood to contend with as well.
Seriously, Bingo is so ad
Cheryl
Oct 29, 2016 Cheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So light and sweet. And short. There should be more books like those in this series, but at the same time, they're not awesome enough to give higher ratings to. Btw, it does help but is not necessary to read them in order. And in this there is more about the baby than the 'gypsy lover' but that's ok.
Heidi-Marie
I believe Nathan gave this to me for a Christmas present. I wasn't familiar with the characters, but the book was all right. Some really annoying girl who wouldn't leave Bingo alone--reminded me of Peppermint Patty...or myself.
Duane
Jul 07, 2008 Duane rated it it was ok
I found this edition of the Bingo Brown saga to be missing a lot of the extras that is in Bingo's normal life. Bingo is dealing with two girls who like him and a baby brother who is trying to be born. A nice read but not the best in the series.
Eleanor
Mar 21, 2014 Eleanor rated it liked it
Experiencing nostalgia by rereading this series that my sixth grade teacher read out loud to us. Definitely dated (now), but still pretty good.
Annette
this is like a kidd book, it wasnt pieced together good, but it was funny the way the boy talked to his family and the ways he thought. it made me laugh.
Kricket
Aug 23, 2007 Kricket rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, hiiiilarious, 2011
in which bingo is once again the object of unwanted female attention (this time from a girl named boots), tries to find the perfect christmas gift for melissa, and receives a baby brother.
Lani Young
Mar 03, 2012 Lani Young rated it it was amazing
I love Betsy Byars writing style - even now that Im old...funny, insightful and impossible to put down. My teenagers love them too.
Arlene Allen
Apr 07, 2011 Arlene Allen rated it really liked it
Very cute series of books.
Weronika
Feb 16, 2009 Weronika rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Alll love lovers
This was a very good book about love. The title gives you so much information about the book. Great book! Totally NOT a waist of time!!!!!
Dave
Dave rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2012
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2013
Peg
Peg rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Daisy
Daisy rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2017
Garland
Garland rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2008
Gene Gant
Gene Gant rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2012
Vincy
Vincy rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2011
Athena
Athena rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2009
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2012
Sharon H
Sharon H rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2009
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Ampxxix
Ampxxix rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2014
wp JAKE
wp JAKE rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2012
Pam
Pam rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2013
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2016
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2012
Mahnoor J.
Mahnoor J. rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2009
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Betsy Byars has written over sixty books for young people. Her first published in 1962 and since then she has published regularly. Her books have been translated into nineteen languages and she gets thousands of letters from readers in the United States and from all over the world.

She has won many awards. Among them are the Newbery Medal in 1971 for her novel The Summer of the Swans, the American
More about Betsy Byars...

Bingo Brown (4 books)
  • The Burning Questions of Bingo Brown (Bingo Brown, #1)
  • Bingo Brown and the Language of Love (Bingo Brown, #2)
  • Bingo Brown's Guide to Romance (Bingo Brown, #4)