Start by marking “Antiques Knock-Off” as Want to Read:
Antiques Knock-Off

Antiques Knock-Off (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery #5)

Brandy Borne is pretty sure her "charmingly eccentric" (a.k.a. "off her meds") mother, Vivian, didn't kill that viperous mousy-haired busybody Connie Grimes. But there's the small matter of her guilty plea. . ..While Mother blithely adapts to life behind bars by organizing a jailhouse theater troupe, seven-months-pregnant Brandy and her intrepid shih tzu, Sushi, trundle in ...more
Published April 1st 2012 by Kensington (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Antiques Knock-Off, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Antiques Knock-Off

Johnny
Mar 31, 2016 Johnny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, humor
It seems relatively clear that when Max Allan Collins and his wife, Barbara, teamed up to write this series of mysteries as Barbara Allan, they chose the surname “Borne” for their protagonist “Brandy” for many reasons. One is that she must “bear” with her eccentric Mother in crazy, improbable, and sometimes, illegal circumstances. The other is that over the course of the series, the unusual circumstances of Brandy’s own birth come to light.

Antiques Knock-Off is another in this series of “cozy” m
Doris
Jan 10, 2014 Doris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As bad as Antiques Bizarre was, I am adding this as a book that I have no intention of ever reading.

*update 2014*
I was bored, at the library and this sounded interesting. I am glad that it caught my attention, as it redeemed the storyline. It still isn't one I will seek out, but I can actually handle it now.

First let me start by saying that I enjoy this series, especially as the author team matures in their collaborative effort. The characters seem more real and less whiny, and although some of
Kris
I really love this series. The writing is fun, and even though I don't antique in any way, I find the tips interesting. Of course, this one probably should be read in order though. I didn't, and was surprised to find Brandy pregnant. That's all I'm going to say about that! And yes, I know I'm notorious for reading these cozies out of order, I'm sorry I did it this time. But, when you're checking books out from the library that sometimes happens.

For the first time I'm really hoping that there is
Amy Lignor
This is the fifth book in the Trash 'n' Treasure Mysteries, and with the final word all readers will want is the ability to pick up the sixth and get right at it! That's how amazingly entertaining this series is to read. Not to mention that the tips on antiques and "antiquing" that are at the end of each chapter will make those fans (like me) of Cash in the Attic, and Pawn Stars absolutely giddy.

Barbara Allan takes us to the small Midwestern town of Serenity located on the banks of the Mississip
Richard Ward
Dec 03, 2013 Richard Ward rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The fifth in the series, like the second, is a murder mystery a little light on both murder (but one corpse is plenty) and on mystery, with several subplots of other kinds taking up a fair amount of space. However, those subplots are so well told that this ends up hardly as a flaw for the book after all. Once again, the writing is geared more toward female readers, but I'm a man and nothing in the book kept me from enjoying it.

These are comic mysteries, and one chapter in this book stands out as

• Murder Grins and Bears It (Gertie Johnson #2)
  • Bride and Doom (Carnegie Kincaid, #6)
  • Casket Case (A Callie Parrish Mystery #3)
  • Silent Auction (Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery #5)
  • Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux (Gladdy Gold, #6)
  • Last Writes (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #4)
  • The Northbury Papers (A Karen Pelletier Mystery #2)
  • Preaching to the Corpse (Advice Column Mystery, #2)
  • Drive Time (Charlotte McNally, #4)
  • Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery, #6)
  • Feline Fatale (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #9)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • Trouble in Bloom (Nina Quinn, #4)
  • The Flaming Luau of Death (Madeline Bean, #7)
  • Foul Play at the PTA  (Beth Kennedy #2)
  • Gaits of Heaven (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #17)
Barbara Allan is a pseudonym used by Barbara Collins and Max Allan Collins

Max Allan Collins is a writer of mystery novels, screenplays, comics and historical fiction. Collins has collaborated on numerous short stories with his wife writer Barbara Collins. Together they also write the successful “Trash ‘n’ Treasures” mysteries – their Antiques Flee Market (2008) won the Romantic Times Best Humorous
More about Barbara Allan...

A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Antiques Roadkill (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #1)
  • Antiques Maul (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #2)
  • Antiques Flee Market (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #3)
  • Antiques Bizarre (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #4)
  • Antiques Disposal (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #6)
  • Antiques Chop (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #7)
  • Antiques Con (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #8)
  • Antiques Swap (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #9)
  • Antiques Fate (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery #10)
  • Antiques Frame (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery #11)