Start by marking “Lost's Buried Treasures” as Want to Read:
Lost's Buried Treasures

Lost's Buried Treasures

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The Ultimate Unauthorized Resource to the Stories Behind Lost Lost is a complex and mysterious tale, one that draws on many sources for its themes and ideas-sources you must understand to become an advanced Lost expert. Lost's Buried Treasures is the ultimate unauthorized guide to the ideas that have influenced the show and its writers-and is completely updated through Sea ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks (first published November 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Lost's Buried Treasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost's Buried Treasures

This book is dragged down by its poor scholarship (e.g. unattributed quotes) and questionable editorial decisions -- the inclusion of a brief essay on whether or not Lost is science fiction was particularly egregious. Apparently if all the unexplained stuff ends up having a scientific explanation, then it's science fiction; if it has a magical explanation, then it isn't.

Hurting the book the most is a tone that is too enamored with both the show and its fans (some of whom are also the book's aut
Lisa Bonack
I would have given this four stars if it had just included the first half of the book...sections dealing with ancestral texts, music, and pop culture. The last couple chapters (on Lost's dead and locations) had a lot of information, but it didn't really fit with the first half and it wasn't what I was looking for when I picked it up. Funny that I should downgrade a book because it had too much information.
So Lost is over now :( And the ending was rubbish....but the last season was not. But I'm still puzzled. This book was pretty interesting. I never really thought about if the books and songs in the show meant anything. I now have a few more books to put on my wishlist. Some of it was abit dull. The charts I found quiet boring but I'm sure a diehard fan would appreciate them. Word to anyone who might get a bit excited about the Lost video game. DON'T! I brought it and after about 20 mins gave up. ...more
Jul 03, 2014 Susan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Williston Library book sale Summer 2014
Feb 23, 2012 Christopher rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hardcore Lost aficionados (are there any left?)
Shelves: wooden-books
Remember how you thought learning about certain references and connections on Lost was so much fun? This book takes all of that way past the point of being fun. Granted, we now know that almost all of the connections ended up not really connecting, so the book suffers mostly from the point of being dated. The research appears to be solid. It just goes too far down a path that ended up not leading anywhere anyway.
Not too bad of a review but nothing overly amazing either. Might have meant more too me if I had read it after season 3 instead of season 5. Some of the insights were interesting and if a person was an occassional watcher of Lost this book would allow them to delve deeper.
not literary, per se... but enjoyable. But it fills my current insane addiction to the show.

Most interesting are the sections on the texts showcased in the series and their possible meanings in this scheme of things...
Excellent source for catching up new viewers, but no ground breaking revelations. Compiling infinite details from a few seasons into a single text reminds viewers about the complexity of this show.
Miriam B. Sayer
Amazingly informative for such a small book!
Joanne added it
Sep 21, 2015
Steve Cox
Steve Cox marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Alex Stevens
Alex Stevens is currently reading it
May 05, 2015
E L marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Cindy Dockendorff
Cindy Dockendorff marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Ash marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Kristi added it
Oct 29, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Benedict Cumberbatch: In Transition: An Unauthorised Performance Biography Unlocking the Meaning of Lost: An Unauthorized Guide Finding Battlestar Galactica Saving the World: A Guide to Heroes Sherlock Holmes for the 21st Century