Start by marking “Fox (The Vendetta, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fox (The Vendetta, #1)
Open Preview read ebook

Fox (The Vendetta #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A wind whips through the trees, carrying with it the call of Pandora’s Box. It will choose one victim, as it does every year, and beckon its quarry to open it. He will have one year to find the box. Or die.

Twenty-year-old Fox is heir to the House of Lords, a group dedicated to protecting Pandora’s Box from the chosen who seek to open it. When the new chosen kidnaps her fat
Published August 3rd 2011 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Fox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fox

Fallen by Lauren KateHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickHalo by Alexandra AdornettoCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareNightshade by Andrea Cremer
Best Teen Covers
279th out of 610 books — 733 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Golden Compass by Philip PullmanAlanna by Tamora PierceGraceling by Kristin CashoreThe Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
Best Feminist Young Adult Books
481st out of 872 books — 971 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
When I first saw the cover I knew I was going to read it and I was actually trying to win it from Librarything, but Parrisha was kind enough to give away 5 free copies to those who asked and so I received one. I'm very happy I did because I really enjoyed it, not to mention the cover is gorgeous! I wish I had a paperback copy just so I could look at it in person.

Anyway, cover love aside let me talk about the actual story. The first thing about the summary that drew me in was the promise of mytho
Cassandra
Fox is the very first novel of new author Parrisha Martelly. I was surprised at how well written the novel was considering Parrisha is only 21. I still can't believe it. Even though the novel was well written, it was very hard for me to get into while reading it. I would give Fox 3 3/4 stars, but I'm rounding to 4 since there isn't the option. Parts of the story felt as though they were skimmed through, like when movies go to commercial or chop parts out of the story.

Fox is on a mission to save
Nicole
The main character Fox, was one that I felt I could understand. She is a loner not by choice but because those in her town are afraid of her. Fox is a very likable lead, she's strong yet not closed off even though others fear her, she still goes out of her way to help those that need her assistance. Fox as the heir to the House of Lords is a warrior, one of the best. I enjoyed learning about Fox's back story which made me like her even more. There are parts of Fox's past that are sad yet most o ...more
Ryne Billings
Fox, Book 1 of the Vendetta Series, is the debut novel of Parrisha Martelly.

As a fan of Greek mythology, I loved the premise to Fox. In order to avoid spoilers, I'll just say that Pandora's Box plays a large role in the series, which is pretty clear from the product description.

Here's what I loved about the story:
~It had a great plot.
~The author's writing style is impressive, especially considering that this is her debut novel.
~The characters seemed to be fleshed out very well.
~There was e
L.E.Olteano
Originally posted on Mar 21 2012 at Butterfly-o-Meter Books:

That cover is absolutely and completely gorgeous! Just gorgeous. I had to begin by saying that.

Now, this is a high fantasy novel with the adventure type of scenario. This has been my reading phunk niche for a while now, but I think it's reached the height of no-modjo. I just couldn't get into it at all. I just couldn't. I read something like half of the book, trying my best to become interested in the story. I'm sorry, it didn't happen
Krizia Anna
This book was okay. Nothing exceptional. It was not boring but also not that exciting. The story was predictable. It gave me a dèja vu experience, like I've read this before. I do hope it gets better as the series progresses.
Scott
I received this book through the Goodreads First Reads program. Since this is not the type of book I usually read, I was a bit apprehensive, but this was quickly replaced by interest. The story drew me in quickly, and was very impressed by this young author. The book is the first in a series, and I will be watching to see when future volumes are published.
Katherine
While you can tell that the author is young, this is a very solid first novel. The plot is intriguing and ends with enough mystery to make you want to read the next in the series. The characters need fleshed out a bit more, all of the dialogue tends to sound the same, but overall a very good book. 3.5/5.
Lisa Elizabeth
I really enjoyed this book! Well written, interesting characters & plot and a bit of a cliffhanger/whodunit ending to keep the reader on their toes for the next installment. I will definitely be reading the sequel.
Anya
Oct 26, 2012 Anya marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Nice cover!
Sarah Staszkiel
Sarah Staszkiel marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Kylisha Williams
Kylisha Williams marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Tiny Lopez
Tiny Lopez marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Brittany Turner
Brittany Turner marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Katy Kaulitz
Katy Kaulitz marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Jacquelyn
Jacquelyn marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Alice
Alice is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2014
LaNiqua
LaNiqua marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Katarina Claire E. R.
Katarina Claire E. R. marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Raven Brown
Raven Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Rachel Delaosa weldon
Rachel Delaosa weldon marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
EbilPhish
EbilPhish marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Shawna Brooks
Shawna Brooks marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Natascha Hakkert
Natascha Hakkert marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
NIX
NIX marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
  • The Veil
  • Memory's Wake (Memory's Wake Trilogy, #1)
  • The Apocalypse Gene
  • A Marked Past (The Mercer Legacy, #1)
  • Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #1)
  • Dark Sins and Desert Sands (Mythica #5)
  • Diamond Eyes (Mira Chambers #1)
  • The Fire Wars (Fire Wars, #1)
  • Josephine Lost
  • Destruction from Twins (Lor Mandela, #1)
  • Mundahlia (The Mundahlian Era, #1)
  • Darkstar
  • I Loved You First
  • Soul Protector (Soul Protector #1)
  • PineLight (PineLight, #1)
  • Dark of the Moon
  • Not So Snow White
  • Sirenz (Sirenz #1)
Hello! My name is Parrisha Martelly, and I am an avid lover of fantasy, chick-lit, historical romance, African American fiction, and self-development books. When I'm not writing short stories and novels, I am spending time with my family, going to concerts, and exploring California.

My first novel, Fox, was released on August 3rd.

If you have any general comments, questions, and concerns, please fee
More about Parrisha Martelly...
Ryder: A Young Adult Fantasy Short