Start by marking “The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain: Elven Resurrection” as Want to Read:
The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain: Elven Resurrection
Open Preview read book

The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain: Elven Resurrection

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Elven boys Finn and Beezle enter a time portal just before their race is wiped out by an otherworldly warrior and his goblin army. Travelling 3000 years into the future and arriving in snow-filled lands, the boys are saved from the cold by two shape-shifters sent by Greybeard, the wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain.
Published July 1st 2012 by Matador

To ask other readers questions about The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain

Vincent Ripley
Mr Ripley's Book Review
I'm a very big fan of the fantasy genre, so when I heard a little whisper about this book, I thought to myself . . . . 'I need to read this'. I tracked a copy down through the publisher's website and eagerly waited for it to arrive. When it eventually came, my first thoughts turned to the book cover image as it didn't immediately suggest the storyline and, to be honest, didn't really sell itself to me. Fortunately, the synopsis on the back sounded very interesting and outl
Lucinda
Magical moons and worldly wizards...

This has to be the most exciting book that I have encountered this year by a most accomplished author. I could hardly wait to read ‘the wizard of crescent moon mountain’ as soon as I herd news of it being a first-reads giveaway that I had won, hence by the time it arrived I was delving strait in and sat engrossed within its pages for hours. Not wanting to put this remarkable story down I encountered the most fascinating and original storyline, being utterly un
Leanne
The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain is a children's fantasy adventure novel, funny, emotional, and with enough gore and darkness to hopefully lure pre-teens/early teens away from their video games in favour of good old-fashioned books. It might be advisable for parents to have a quick flick through the story before giving this to children who might not be comfortable with the scarier, bloodier scenes, which for those made more of “snails and puppy dog tails” might be what makes this an awesome ...more
Cecilia
When I first read the description for this book I had two contrasting thoughts:
Firstly, because I am a fan of good fantasy, I had high hopes for this as a book tht could capture my imagination and run away with it. The ingredients looked right, elves: dragons, wizards...
...bringing me to the second thought: Elves, dragons and wizards involved in some sort of quest sounds awfully familiar! Hence, I was worried that this book would turn out to be a bit of a disappointment, that it would go no fur
Neil Parnham
The wizard of crescent moon mountain. A playfully written book which entraps you into a state of awe as the battle for Everlast ensues.
When reading this book you may feel, as I did that there was a lot of influence from “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of The Rings.” But as your progress further into the book the author strays away from this style of writing and this story starts to stand apart as having his own influence and not that of J.R.R Tolkien.

The story mainly revolves around a wizard called
Megan Readinginthesunshine
Wow! This was a fantastic book by Oldman Brook. I was keen to start it and was not disappointed. It is a brilliantly written fantasy novel focusing on characters on a quest to save Everlast.

The descriptions are gripping and created vivid pictures in my mind, making it a highly entertaining read. At times it was fast-paced and I found myself racing through the pages with excitement. The characters were wonderful and I managed to lose myself in their journey and this magical world!

I think childr
Joanna Burr
As a high school English teacher, and the mother of two young girls, I always love coming across stories that have an appeal for every age group. This story clearly fits the bill.

Adults will get the Tolkien-ness of the story....a magical world, full of different races, and sought after objects that grant the user power beyond belief.

Teens and Pre-teens will love the characters in the story, who are both humorous and heart-warming...tiny elves, and giants, and thieves, and goblins, and dwarves, a
Nikki
A fantastic book which was dark and gripping. The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain is a fantasy novel centred around nine characters on a journey to save Everlast.

What I enjoyed most about this book was it's length which allowed for a good, unpredictable and fast paced storyline.

Whilst I connected with some characters, specifically Greybeard and Finn, I found that other characters didn't come to life - the dwarves for example didn't have any distinguishable traits.

Overall, I found this book ent
Sadie Forsythe
The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain: Elven Resurrection is an epic adventure very much in the style of Tolkien. Humans, elves, shape-shifters, dwarves, wizards, dragons, goblins and more vie for power and survival in the land of Everlast. Most of which contribute at least one colourful character to the cast of the book. I really found the characters themselves enjoyable, though I found their mannerism and flippant lack of sentiment toward their enemy equally disturbing. Let me elaborate (hopefu ...more
Joshua
It may have taken me a couple of months to finish this, but here it is. I found this enjoyable for the most part with only a few flaws (I'll get to those later). The plot of the book Involves two elf brothers, Finn and Beezle, who get taken from their home and are flung 3000 years into the future. They are taken in by a wizard, named Greybeard, who tells them they must go on a long quest in order for them to get back to their home. The quest involves many different characters including two shape ...more
Kay Smillie
I really enjoyed this tale of good versus evil. Good characters who I actually cared about (well, some of them anyway!).

The laughing out loud, the gripping drama and the "hand punched in the air moment" all make for a wonderfully entertaining read.

Mr Brook - when can I have my hands on the sequel please? I need to know what happens next!
Sobia Raja
This was an interesting book that I've had on my book shelf for way too long. I can't believe I didnt read it for all those months! I liked it, or rather loved it. I'm not really into this type of fiction but this was actually a refreshing book to read. I'm looking forward to reading similar fiction stories like this now. Woo! :D
Ti
Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book for reviewing purposes.

This was an interesting read. It may not be in many peoples tastes but I must admit I was able to finish it quite easily and found it enjoyable. The book could use a bit more editing in some areas but all in all I liked it.
Oldman Brook
Oct 06, 2011 Oldman Brook rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my book so would be unfair to give it any less than 5 stars. the book is out January 2012, so you can make your mind up then, should you purchase. I will post sample chapters as a try before you buy option.
Brittany
Although this book started off at a slower pace, I am glad I stuck with it. Very nicely detailed and a very enjoyable storyline. I've got to say I cannot wait to read the next installment!
Roshane
This book was filled with adventure and I enjoyed reading it. The plot was really interesting and as well as being adventurous occasionally this book also made me smile.
Paddy O'callaghan
Truly Brilliant.
Jenelle
The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain by Oldman Brook is a story about an adventure. Nine companions, comprised of dwarves, men, elves, Otso (men who can shapeshift and become animals), and a wizard set out across the land to battle Warrior: the evil entity that threatens their world.

Pros:

1. The book is incredibly family-friendly. It is listed by the author as “children’s fantasy” and it is. There is no swearing, no inappropriate scenes, and no crude humor. There is a lot of fairly graphic violen
Sean
Emily
A gripping fantasy story, which you can imagine as a film as you read it.
Miya (queen-huntress13)
Enjoyable book. Not one of my favorites, but I'm glad I read it.
Sarah-Fae Graham
Review to follow @ later date.
Yasmin
Yasmin marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Katherine
Katherine is currently reading it
Jul 09, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Dria
Dria marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Leila
Leila marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Heather Duff
Heather Duff marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
  • The Cook
  • Fatal Frost (Detective Jack Frost Prequel, #2)
  • Another Time, Another Life (The Fall of the Welfare State, #2)
  • Deep blue eyes on the Greek Isles
  • Aquarius Rising: In the Tears of God (Aquarius Rising, #1)
  • The Burqa Master
  • Earth To Kat Vespucci
  • The Seraph Contingency
  • Winner - Book One: The Awakening
  • Playing Havoc
  • Friends 2 Lovers: The Unthinkable (Volume 1)
  • The Sound of Many Waters
  • Slipstream (A Crisis of Two Worlds, #1)
I was born in Burnley some time ago. Educated in and around Lancashire, I then gained a degree in Arts and Media from Cheltenham University.

Unsure as to what I wanted to become, I took a temporary placement with a well known retailer in Manchester, as an adminstrator, in the trading department. Enjoying the work and wanting to progress I moved around the country gaining experience as a buyer.

Com
More about Oldman Brook...
The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain