Start by marking “The Pleasure of Pain” as Want to Read:
The Pleasure of Pain

The Pleasure of Pain (The Pleasure of Pain #1)

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,246 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
• The #1 African American Bestselling Novel!
• The pleasure of pain series will make you laugh and cry , take you on a emotional roller coaster. come enter the world of the Teflon Divas the best series to every be release . Shameek A Speight takes writing to a new level !
• A must read!
This is an amazing work of literature!

In this twisted tale you will be introduced to T
Published January 11th 2011 by True Glory Publishing

Brittney Green
Jan 28, 2014 Brittney Green rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-can-loan
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I thought that Shameek brought it on this one and I can not wait to start part 2! Tess & Iris have been down for one another since the beginning...then they met Ebony and Vanessa and the four of them formed a sisterhood!!! The day that Tess and Iris find themselves in trouble, Bless comes out of no where and saves them!!! From that day on Tess and Bless became official....

Bless puts the girls onto the game and they start puttin the game on lock...When Bless ge
Jessica Terry
Dec 09, 2013 Jessica Terry rated it did not like it
Shelves: couldn-t-do-it
Got maybe five pages in and couldn't do it anymore.
Lord'Williams Lord'Williams
The Pleasure of Pain

I really don't know where to start. I'm not sure if I ever stated that I really don't read books about the drug game, it's not that I don't like them, I'm just not interested in them, but I'm branching out some and I have a few in my lineup to be read.

I have this novel in a Kindle format, and as an audiobook, from Audible.com. First the Kindle version, which I purchased on Sept. 10, 2012. I mentioned my purchased date because I have seen that this title now shows an update
☺~Tina~☺
This book was very predictable. Even when the author tried to through me off on who was behind all the problems it wasn't believable. It also needs more editing. I would have liked the story more if instead of the author telling me what was going on he pulled me in with more creativity so I could connect with the story. Sometimes new ideas are not needed if you can take old ideas and make them new.

There is quite a bit of sex in this book and that is okay, sometimes. Here it was too much and als
Teaguem2005
Feb 13, 2013 Teaguem2005 rated it liked it
This book was a pretty quick read with lots of drama. It's the story of Tess and Bless (which I thought was pretty funny but I digress) who met at the age of 16 and formed a ride or die duo that extended to Tess' bffs from high school. Bless was a take charge kind of dude who goes to jail for 3 years leaving Tess to run the empire. She and her crew Iris, Vanessa & Ebony took on a "side" job while Bless did his bid. That "side" job is now the source of all the drama. I enjoyed the earlier flo ...more
Tammy Benton
Jan 24, 2016 Tammy Benton rated it it was amazing
This book is OMG The Pleasure Of Pain Tess, Iris, Vanessa,Ebony and Bless. This story about four childhood friends who became big in the drug game by day. By night they were contracting killers hired by the drug cartels. Bless was the love of Tess life he went to prison for 3 years for conspiracy charges Tess held him down and ran the family businesses. Iris and Tess had secret affair while Bless was in the pen both Iris and Bless was in love with Tess. Iris wanted Tess for herself Tess heart an ...more
Stacey
Nov 01, 2012 Stacey rated it liked it
I was hooked on this book from page 1. The concept was great, the characters were “real” and the book was action packed. There were a few grammatical errors but not enough to really distract me from the story. Towards the middle I felt things were a little predictable but it was still a great read. I will definitely be picking up part 2. Can’t wait to find out what happens!!!
Keyamma whindleton
Apr 02, 2014 Keyamma whindleton rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!

All I'm going to say is this book was awesome. I couldn't put it down. I love everything about it can't wait to read the next one.
Kimyan
Sep 26, 2014 Kimyan rated it liked it
The book had an interesting way of keeping you curious about what was gonna happen. Some parts were pretty predictable. There is a lot of sex and violence but that doesn't bother me too much.
What bothered me most of all was the flow of the book and how it would end abruptly and move on to something else. There were points I had to reread because it didn't make sense at first.
Overall it kept me interested a few of the sex scenes seemed out of place but the suspenseful part had a good build up.
Carmen
Mar 23, 2012 Carmen rated it liked it
lots of twists and turns. i would give it a c
Kim BookJunkie
STORY: 2.5-3***

PERFORMANCE: 5 *****

OVERAL: 3.75****

I was fortunately able to listen to this via audio book because it was narrated by the most talented narrators I've ever heard! Listening to THE PLEASURE OF PAIN on audiobook was like attending a spectacular performance! The male and female narrators changed their voices to suit the characters they read for perfectly. Each was able to incorporate accents, pauses and emotion when appropriate. Plus, there were sound effects and music, making this
M4queen
Oct 19, 2015 M4queen rated it it was amazing
Love that even though this book is the beginning of a series its still a whole book worth of content. Drama, drama and some more drama. I can't believe that Iris would do Tess and Bless like that. Tess and Bless have been there for her since day 1. No loyalties these days boy listen. Got to keep the grass cut cuz those snakes stay lurking. I can't beleive that Tess and Bless didn't notice her weird actions. So hoping that Bless pulls through and puts one straight through her dome on the next one ...more
Mamajay
Apr 01, 2014 Mamajay rated it really liked it
Love it

Love it

This book was great. I enjoyed the characters and the plot. The things that can come between a friendship, you should never share your man with anyone. What is does for you know one needs to know all the details because you always got the one associate that wants to try it out. See I said associate because I don't call everyone my friends. Real friends want mess with nothing I have or had. Keep it up Shameek.
A'Sian Dotson
Aug 16, 2014 A'Sian Dotson rated it really liked it
Action Packed, Fast Pace Read

I really liked this book. I was written very well. This was my first time reading from this author and I wasn't let down. The only thing I would change is the repeated sex scenes that had the same wording almost. Other than that it was a great read. About to read the second book can't wait to see what happens with Bless and Tess.
Kitani
Jan 28, 2014 Kitani rated it it was amazing
Man this book had me from the very beginning. The girls as well as Bless formed an unbreakable bond once meeting. I really don't like Iris and she really needs to get out of her feelings. Everything she's caused and still might not get what she wants. So much for loyalty!!! But I already see I need to get my hands on Part 2 because the ending got me hoping for the best for Bless and Iris getting exactly what her no good behind deserves!!!
Patricia Oliver
Aug 12, 2014 Patricia Oliver rated it really liked it
A real page turner...

A real page turner...

I like and rated this book highly because it depicts a world that is familiar from a distance. I would not recommend this book to those that are faint at heart. it has intrigue, drama, and some suspense. Bravo! A great read so far...
nateisha johnson
Feb 12, 2015 nateisha johnson rated it really liked it
Nicely written

Did not like the ending of the book but it was a great read. These y I hung ladies was bout it the handled business n took people out all at the same time there plans came into place right on time.I give this book 4 stars because it should of been a little bit longer.
Claynetta Foster
Sep 27, 2014 Claynetta Foster rated it it was ok
I felt this book was predictable. It didn't make me want to keep reading. I read The Child of a Crack Head series (1 - 4) and I felt that this one didn't live up to the hype that I expected. Reading his other series, I was expected more. I felt he didn't bring it!! I'm ready to read part 2 tho. Also, his editing is getting better.
Tina
May 07, 2014 Tina rated it did not like it
This book was horrible. The grammar was all over the place. There was an excessive amount of gratuitous sex. There was no flow to the story because it was broken up by more explicit sex scenes. This would have rated much better to me if the focus was on the drug game and not on Tess & Bless ( rhyming names? Really?)
Shereta Brewer
Sep 23, 2015 Shereta Brewer rated it liked it
Entertaining!

I enjoyed the story. In my opinion, the dialect didn't quite match the theme. You know? For a grimy ,"Thug Story", the wording should have been, hood. However, it did peak my interest, so on to the next!
Alisha Benjamin
Mar 26, 2014 Alisha Benjamin rated it it was amazing
Very good!

I hear some mixed views from this author and I needed to see what the hype was. I loved this book when I get a chance I will be reading the next book in this series...The things people do for love!
Calandra
I loved this book. I just really get into books like this because I've grown up watching it first hand. But this one was a little more close to home because it's in my hood. Great if your into Gangsta love. lol
Dee Cherry
Jul 18, 2014 Dee Cherry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fiction
Page turner, good read. Lots of action. Bless & the 4 females were a powerful team. Even when he went away, they were able to get the job done. Although all didn't survive, the ones who did are going to be surprised when they meet again. Looking forward to part 2.
Ann Marie McKay
Apr 17, 2015 Ann Marie McKay rated it did not like it
Gimmie a break

I think I actually became dumber reading this book. I primarily read to escape, for entertainment, so I am in no way a literary snob. But this is just so incredibly bad.
Michelle Grybowski
Mar 31, 2015 Michelle Grybowski rated it it was ok
disappointing

One of my biggest pet peeves writing in slang if done right it's great! If overused as in the case of this story,it's all wrong. I was put off after chapter one.
cynthiann walker
Mar 29, 2015 cynthiann walker rated it it was amazing
As always Shameek knocks it out. A must read.

Excellent urban book. I love reading Shameek books. This is a must read. I'm looking forward to see what's going to happen to Bless...
Denisha Shelton
Mar 01, 2015 Denisha Shelton rated it it was amazing
This was a good read im hooked on bless and Tess I so love them...Iris smh love and jealous makes be do the weirdest things I sooooo hope this is not the end of bless cant wait to read book two
Marci
Mar 13, 2014 Marci rated it it was amazing
Omg. I so enjoyed this audio book.. I caught myself talking to the characters. Tess and Bless were like Bonnie And Clyde.. loved it.. but its bad when folks in your own camp do you dirty..
Quisanne
Oct 30, 2014 Quisanne rated it it was amazing
Hell yea tight azz book can't wait to read

can't wait to read number 2 this book was so gangster I loved reading.g to right now that's all I have to say
Cali B
Mar 31, 2014 Cali B rated it it was amazing
Intense

This book has a lot of sex but it is truly a Bonnie & Clyde type of story. Love triangle, jealousy, haters, and much more when it comes to this story line.
  • Hated by Many Loved by None
  • The Finale (Bankroll Squad, #3)
  • Ebony and Ivory
  • Side Chic 2 (A Ratchet Mess)
  • Country Girls
  • Black Butterfly
  • The Diary of Nancy Grace
  • Tyce
  • Exposed
Shameek A. Speight was born and raised in Brooklyn New York. His writing journey began as a way to escape the madness and mayhem that had become his life. He shares his true life experiences with his readers giving them a taste of his struggle. His stories are so profound that they will genuially touch your heart and soul. to learn more about Shameek Novels, visit his Face Book page Shameek A Spei ...more
More about Shameek Speight...

The Pleasure of Pain (4 books)
  • The Pleasure of Pain 2
  • The Pleasure of Pain 3
  • The Pleasure of Pain 4: The Final Teflon Diva.... Layla Story

“woman is like a teabag you never know how strong they are until their in hot water.” 0 likes
“She could be a deadly person. A woman is like a teabag you never know how strong they are until their in hot water.” 0 likes