Start by marking “Positive Magic: Occult Self-Help” as Want to Read:
Positive Magic: Occult Self-Help

Positive Magic: Occult Self-Help

If you are new to the occult, this book may provide a new vantage point, perhaps a different way, of looking at life than you are used to! Astrology, Tarot Cards, I Ching, Witchcraft, Words of Power are all explored.
Published December 1st 1981 by Phoenix Publishing (first published April 1978)

Kelley Ross
Jan 29, 2010 Kelley Ross rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion, favorites, pagan
This book isn't just for people who practice witchcraft. It is very interesting, is packed with fascinating theories and world-views, and is a great read. It also has a positive outlook on life. I would recommend this for anyone who enjoys a deep, scholarly book about the origins of witchcraft and how it can be safely and positively practiced today.
Meg
Aug 02, 2012 Meg rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books of all time. I need to reread this. Probably the best wicca/alternative religion book I've ever read. One of the best psychology books I've ever read too! Love this. Hard to find a copy because last I checked this lovely book was out of print.
Melissa
Sep 09, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I don't remember how this book was recommended or how I came across it, but I am so glad I did. I should have read it with a highlighter in hand because I dogeared almost every page in the book. This book is not really about magic spells and whatnot, it is about learning to be positive and create positive energy and karma all around you. From the first day of reading this, I gave it a try and things started changing in my life. It taught me that not just my actions affect my karma, but also my w ...more
Marcia
Mar 13, 2014 Marcia rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book written by Marion Weinstein It is a positive magic self-help book. Marion teaches "the right mood," and how suddenly everything we do comes out right. She teaches that witches are no different that who were are already, although, she points out that some people are born with a sense of healing, "second sight," abilities to manipulate outcomes of events in their lives, etc. She teaches techniques that others can learn to bring about positive changes in their own lives. I highly rec ...more
Joan DeArtemis
May 13, 2011 Joan DeArtemis rated it it was amazing
I read this a really long time ago, but it made a huge impression on me. There is a section on space aliens that I wasn't too sure about at the time, but since, I found this belief to be rather widespread. The part that REALLY made an impression was the part about the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. Pretty much, what she said about that is turning out to be true. I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to learn about Wicca and/or neo-Paganism.
Annette
Jul 07, 2008 Annette rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Annette by: Dustin Walker
If you can look beyond the idea that magic may not exist, this book can give a new perspective on current ideas and idealism. I enjoyed the expansion of thought, but I am not going to be taking on Wiccan ways any time soon.
Marlene
May 16, 2009 Marlene rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: my pagan friends
Recommended to Marlene by: don't recall
This book has a good deal of practical advice. One of the reasons I like this book so much is that I agree with Marion Weinstein's method of reading tarot cards.
Gwnhwyfer
Included in Carl McColman's The Well-Read Witch (2002) - section on Introductory Books on Wicca.
Christine
Sep 09, 2012 Christine rated it it was amazing
Classic- I need to read the revised edition.
Meg
Jul 03, 2013 Meg rated it really liked it
My sister's mother, who is a white witch, recommended this book. I have always been interested in the occult and asked her what books I should read to understand the religion. This is the book she recommended.

This book is an interesting introduction to the occult. It explains the power of words, the history behind the religion and the Tarot. The information is written in a style that is not to difficult to understand and gives enough information to help the reader have a good understanding of t
Andrea
Oct 04, 2015 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!!! I am taking a year long class as research for a book I writing. This was one of the resources that we were asked to read. This was a wonderful book. Easy to read and I could get enough of it. My book now looks like it has been through a college war. I have highlighted sections, notes in the margin, and doggy eared pages.
sage
Sep 19, 2009 sage rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious crack if you want to make fun of the most annoying kind of new age hippie freaks. Really annoying if you're trying to sift out historical lore from specious claims, especially since she doesn't say what bits she got out of any of the footnoted sources. It's like the footnotes are decorative. Primarily useful for its bibliography.
Mafalda Ramos
Oct 03, 2012 Mafalda Ramos rated it really liked it
Very nice book, with a lot of information. But very descriptive, specially the first part, difficult to read. Second part with more practical information much more interesting. The author seems to have a great knowledge in this matter.
Diana Padua
May 18, 2011 Diana Padua rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a mistake. I was trying to put a cover to the one I read already--lol.
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2014
Christopher DeGraffenreid
Christopher DeGraffenreid rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Jylle
Jylle rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2016
Kimberlee Simmons
Kimberlee Simmons rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2015
Annie
Annie rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Aditi Agrawal
Aditi Agrawal rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2016
Cat
Cat rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2010
Anna Meffert
Anna Meffert rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2015
Omanakuttan
Omanakuttan rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Nick Beltran
Nick Beltran rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2012
Ayla
Ayla rated it really liked it
May 23, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2011
Arlene Allen
Arlene Allen rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2010
Brad Thompson
Brad Thompson rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2009
Mike D
Mike D rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • What Witches Do: A Modern Coven Revealed
  • Cunningham's Magical Sampler: Collected Writings and Spells from the Renowned Wiccan Author
  • Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions
  • Hedge Witch: A Guide to Solitary Witchcraft
  • Truth or Dare: Encounters with Power, Authority, and Mystery
  • Grandmother Moon: Lunar Magic in Our Lives--Spells, Rituals, Goddesses, Legends, and Emotions Unde
  • Mindlight: Secrets of Energy, Magick & Manifestation
  • The Heart of Wicca: Wise Words from a Crone on the Path
  • Kissing the Limitless: Deep Magic and the Great Work of Transforming Yourself and the World
  • A Witch Alone: Thirteen Moons to Master Natural Magic