Start by marking “Positive Magic: Occult Self-Help” as Want to Read:
Positive Magic: Occult Self-Help

Positive Magic: Occult Self-Help

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  167 ratings  ·  14 reviews
If you are new to the occult, this book may provide a new vantage point, perhaps a different way, of looking at life than you are used to! Astrology, Tarot Cards, I Ching, Witchcraft, Words of Power are all explored.
Published December 1st 1981 by Phoenix Publishing (first published April 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Positive Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Positive Magic

Wicca by Scott CunninghamDrawing Down the Moon by Margot AdlerThe Spiral Dance by StarhawkThe Triumph of the Moon by Ronald HuttonLiving Wicca by Scott Cunningham
Best Pagan Non Fiction Reads
79th out of 135 books — 157 voters
Wicca by Scott CunninghamThe Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews by Scott CunninghamCunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs by Scott CunninghamDemons of the Flesh by Nikolas SchreckDrawing Down the Moon by Margot Adler
Magic, and Practice
55th out of 78 books — 72 voters

More lists with this book...

Kelley Ross
This book isn't just for people who practice witchcraft. It is very interesting, is packed with fascinating theories and world-views, and is a great read. It also has a positive outlook on life. I would recommend this for anyone who enjoys a deep, scholarly book about the origins of witchcraft and how it can be safely and positively practiced today.
One of my favorite books of all time. I need to reread this. Probably the best wicca/alternative religion book I've ever read. One of the best psychology books I've ever read too! Love this. Hard to find a copy because last I checked this lovely book was out of print.
I don't remember how this book was recommended or how I came across it, but I am so glad I did. I should have read it with a highlighter in hand because I dogeared almost every page in the book. This book is not really about magic spells and whatnot, it is about learning to be positive and create positive energy and karma all around you. From the first day of reading this, I gave it a try and things started changing in my life. It taught me that not just my actions affect my karma, but also my w ...more
Wonderful book written by Marion Weinstein It is a positive magic self-help book. Marion teaches "the right mood," and how suddenly everything we do comes out right. She teaches that witches are no different that who were are already, although, she points out that some people are born with a sense of healing, "second sight," abilities to manipulate outcomes of events in their lives, etc. She teaches techniques that others can learn to bring about positive changes in their own lives. I highly rec ...more
Joan DeArtemis
I read this a really long time ago, but it made a huge impression on me. There is a section on space aliens that I wasn't too sure about at the time, but since, I found this belief to be rather widespread. The part that REALLY made an impression was the part about the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. Pretty much, what she said about that is turning out to be true. I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to learn about Wicca and/or neo-Paganism.
Sep 05, 2008 Annette rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Annette by: Dustin Walker
If you can look beyond the idea that magic may not exist, this book can give a new perspective on current ideas and idealism. I enjoyed the expansion of thought, but I am not going to be taking on Wiccan ways any time soon.
May 16, 2009 Marlene rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: my pagan friends
Recommended to Marlene by: don't recall
This book has a good deal of practical advice. One of the reasons I like this book so much is that I agree with Marion Weinstein's method of reading tarot cards.
Included in Carl McColman's The Well-Read Witch (2002) - section on Introductory Books on Wicca.
Classic- I need to read the revised edition.
Fantastic!!! I am taking a year long class as research for a book I writing. This was one of the resources that we were asked to read. This was a wonderful book. Easy to read and I could get enough of it. My book now looks like it has been through a college war. I have highlighted sections, notes in the margin, and doggy eared pages.
My sister's mother, who is a white witch, recommended this book. I have always been interested in the occult and asked her what books I should read to understand the religion. This is the book she recommended.

This book is an interesting introduction to the occult. It explains the power of words, the history behind the religion and the Tarot. The information is written in a style that is not to difficult to understand and gives enough information to help the reader have a good understanding of t
Hilarious crack if you want to make fun of the most annoying kind of new age hippie freaks. Really annoying if you're trying to sift out historical lore from specious claims, especially since she doesn't say what bits she got out of any of the footnoted sources. It's like the footnotes are decorative. Primarily useful for its bibliography.
Mafalda Ramos
Very nice book, with a lot of information. But very descriptive, specially the first part, difficult to read. Second part with more practical information much more interesting. The author seems to have a great knowledge in this matter.
Diana Padua
This is a mistake. I was trying to put a cover to the one I read already--lol.
Wesley Cochrane
Wesley Cochrane marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Beata Szenfeld-pineda
Beata Szenfeld-pineda marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Cat marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Cheryl added it
Nov 09, 2015
Mia Acevedo
Mia Acevedo marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Nicole Ryan
Nicole Ryan marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
AKASH NAIR marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
Aquatika marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Natashia is currently reading it
Oct 28, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Tremias marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
  • What Witches Do: A Modern Coven Revealed
  • Cunningham's Magical Sampler: Collected Writings and Spells from the Renowned Wiccan Author
  • Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions
  • Hedge Witch: A Guide to Solitary Witchcraft
  • Kissing the Limitless: Deep Magic and the Great Work of Transforming Yourself and the World
  • Mindlight: Secrets of Energy, Magick & Manifestation
  • A Witch Alone: Thirteen Moons to Master Natural Magic
  • The Pagan Book of Living and Dying: Practical Rituals, Prayers, Blessings, and Meditations on Crossing Over
  • Grandmother Moon: Lunar Magic in Our Lives--Spells, Rituals, Goddesses, Legends, and Emotions Unde
  • Diary of a Witch