Start by marking “Positive Magic: Ancient Metaphysical Techniques for Modern Lives” as Want to Read:
Positive Magic: Ancient Metaphysical Techniques for Modern Lives

Positive Magic: Ancient Metaphysical Techniques for Modern Lives

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  187 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
A great classic compendium of magic for personal use that covers Wiccan history, philosophy, channeling, and the connections between quantum physics and traditional magic.
Published October 1st 2002 by New Page Books (first published April 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Positive Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Positive Magic

Kelley Ross
Jan 29, 2010 Kelley Ross rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion, favorites, pagan
This book isn't just for people who practice witchcraft. It is very interesting, is packed with fascinating theories and world-views, and is a great read. It also has a positive outlook on life. I would recommend this for anyone who enjoys a deep, scholarly book about the origins of witchcraft and how it can be safely and positively practiced today.
Meg
Aug 02, 2012 Meg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite books of all time. I need to reread this. Probably the best wicca/alternative religion book I've ever read. One of the best psychology books I've ever read too! Love this. Hard to find a copy because last I checked this lovely book was out of print.
Melissa
Oct 11, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't remember how this book was recommended or how I came across it, but I am so glad I did. I should have read it with a highlighter in hand because I dogeared almost every page in the book. This book is not really about magic spells and whatnot, it is about learning to be positive and create positive energy and karma all around you. From the first day of reading this, I gave it a try and things started changing in my life. It taught me that not just my actions affect my karma, but also my w ...more
Marcia
Mar 13, 2014 Marcia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book written by Marion Weinstein It is a positive magic self-help book. Marion teaches "the right mood," and how suddenly everything we do comes out right. She teaches that witches are no different that who were are already, although, she points out that some people are born with a sense of healing, "second sight," abilities to manipulate outcomes of events in their lives, etc. She teaches techniques that others can learn to bring about positive changes in their own lives. I highly rec ...more
Joan DeArtemis
I read this a really long time ago, but it made a huge impression on me. There is a section on space aliens that I wasn't too sure about at the time, but since, I found this belief to be rather widespread. The part that REALLY made an impression was the part about the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. Pretty much, what she said about that is turning out to be true. I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to learn about Wicca and/or neo-Paganism.
Annette
Sep 05, 2008 Annette rated it it was ok
Recommended to Annette by: Dustin Walker
If you can look beyond the idea that magic may not exist, this book can give a new perspective on current ideas and idealism. I enjoyed the expansion of thought, but I am not going to be taking on Wiccan ways any time soon.
Marlene
May 16, 2009 Marlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my pagan friends
Recommended to Marlene by: don't recall
This book has a good deal of practical advice. One of the reasons I like this book so much is that I agree with Marion Weinstein's method of reading tarot cards.
Gwnhwyfer
Included in Carl McColman's The Well-Read Witch (2002) - section on Introductory Books on Wicca.
Christine
Sep 09, 2012 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic- I need to read the revised edition.
Andrea
Oct 04, 2015 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!!! I am taking a year long class as research for a book I writing. This was one of the resources that we were asked to read. This was a wonderful book. Easy to read and I could get enough of it. My book now looks like it has been through a college war. I have highlighted sections, notes in the margin, and doggy eared pages.
Meg
Aug 17, 2013 Meg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My sister's mother, who is a white witch, recommended this book. I have always been interested in the occult and asked her what books I should read to understand the religion. This is the book she recommended.

This book is an interesting introduction to the occult. It explains the power of words, the history behind the religion and the Tarot. The information is written in a style that is not to difficult to understand and gives enough information to help the reader have a good understanding of t
sage
Oct 01, 2009 sage rated it did not like it
Hilarious crack if you want to make fun of the most annoying kind of new age hippie freaks. Really annoying if you're trying to sift out historical lore from specious claims, especially since she doesn't say what bits she got out of any of the footnoted sources. It's like the footnotes are decorative. Primarily useful for its bibliography.
Mafalda Ramos
Dec 26, 2013 Mafalda Ramos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very nice book, with a lot of information. But very descriptive, specially the first part, difficult to read. Second part with more practical information much more interesting. The author seems to have a great knowledge in this matter.
Diana Padua
May 18, 2011 Diana Padua rated it it was amazing
This is a mistake. I was trying to put a cover to the one I read already--lol.
Dwaine Nethery
Dwaine Nethery marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
wendi smith
wendi smith marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Alexx Carlile
Alexx Carlile marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Nienke Van kerkhof
Nienke Van kerkhof rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Kate Mcphail
Kate Mcphail is currently reading it
May 08, 2016
Abbey O'donnell
Abbey O'donnell marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Piper
Piper marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Connie DeFazio
Connie DeFazio marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Steffiney Shelton
Steffiney Shelton marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Aditi Agrawal
Aditi Agrawal rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2016
Courtney
Courtney rated it liked it
May 14, 2016
Kiley Wise
Kiley Wise marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Albus
Albus marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Felicity Lake
Felicity Lake marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
  • Cunningham's Magical Sampler: Collected Writings and Spells from the Renowned Wiccan Author
  • What Witches Do: A Modern Coven Revealed
  • Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions
  • Hedge Witch: A Guide to Solitary Witchcraft
  • Mindlight: Secrets of Energy, Magick & Manifestation
  • Truth or Dare: Encounters with Power, Authority, and Mystery
  • Grandmother Moon: Lunar Magic in Our Lives--Spells, Rituals, Goddesses, Legends, and Emotions Unde
  • Kissing the Limitless: Deep Magic and the Great Work of Transforming Yourself and the World
  • The Heart of Wicca: Wise Words from a Crone on the Path