Start by marking “Positive Magic: Ancient Metaphysical Techniques for Modern Lives” as Want to Read:
Positive Magic: Ancient Metaphysical Techniques for Modern Lives

Positive Magic: Ancient Metaphysical Techniques for Modern Lives

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  13 reviews
A great classic compendium of magic for personal use that covers Wiccan history, philosophy, channeling, and the connections between quantum physics and traditional magic.
Published October 1st 2002 by New Page Books (first published April 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Positive Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Positive Magic

Kelley Ross
This book isn't just for people who practice witchcraft. It is very interesting, is packed with fascinating theories and world-views, and is a great read. It also has a positive outlook on life. I would recommend this for anyone who enjoys a deep, scholarly book about the origins of witchcraft and how it can be safely and positively practiced today.
Meg
One of my favorite books of all time. I need to reread this. Probably the best wicca/alternative religion book I've ever read. One of the best psychology books I've ever read too! Love this. Hard to find a copy because last I checked this lovely book was out of print.
Melissa
I don't remember how this book was recommended or how I came across it, but I am so glad I did. I should have read it with a highlighter in hand because I dogeared almost every page in the book. This book is not really about magic spells and whatnot, it is about learning to be positive and create positive energy and karma all around you. From the first day of reading this, I gave it a try and things started changing in my life. It taught me that not just my actions affect my karma, but also my w ...more
Marcia
Wonderful book written by Marion Weinstein It is a positive magic self-help book. Marion teaches "the right mood," and how suddenly everything we do comes out right. She teaches that witches are no different that who were are already, although, she points out that some people are born with a sense of healing, "second sight," abilities to manipulate outcomes of events in their lives, etc. She teaches techniques that others can learn to bring about positive changes in their own lives. I highly rec ...more
Joan DeArtemis
I read this a really long time ago, but it made a huge impression on me. There is a section on space aliens that I wasn't too sure about at the time, but since, I found this belief to be rather widespread. The part that REALLY made an impression was the part about the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. Pretty much, what she said about that is turning out to be true. I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to learn about Wicca and/or neo-Paganism.
Annette
Sep 05, 2008 Annette rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Annette by: Dustin Walker
If you can look beyond the idea that magic may not exist, this book can give a new perspective on current ideas and idealism. I enjoyed the expansion of thought, but I am not going to be taking on Wiccan ways any time soon.
Marlene
May 16, 2009 Marlene rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my pagan friends
Recommended to Marlene by: don't recall
This book has a good deal of practical advice. One of the reasons I like this book so much is that I agree with Marion Weinstein's method of reading tarot cards.
Gwnhwyfer
Included in Carl McColman's The Well-Read Witch (2002) - section on Introductory Books on Wicca.
Christine
Classic- I need to read the revised edition.
Meg
My sister's mother, who is a white witch, recommended this book. I have always been interested in the occult and asked her what books I should read to understand the religion. This is the book she recommended.

This book is an interesting introduction to the occult. It explains the power of words, the history behind the religion and the Tarot. The information is written in a style that is not to difficult to understand and gives enough information to help the reader have a good understanding of t
sage
Hilarious crack if you want to make fun of the most annoying kind of new age hippie freaks. Really annoying if you're trying to sift out historical lore from specious claims, especially since she doesn't say what bits she got out of any of the footnoted sources. It's like the footnotes are decorative. Primarily useful for its bibliography.
Mafalda
Very nice book, with a lot of information. But very descriptive, specially the first part, difficult to read. Second part with more practical information much more interesting. The author seems to have a great knowledge in this matter.
Diana Padua
This is a mistake. I was trying to put a cover to the one I read already--lol.
Kareem
Kareem marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Wesley Holmes
Wesley Holmes marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Abby Grace
Abby Grace marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Wench
Wench marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Yvonne Davis
Yvonne Davis marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Courtney Jade
Courtney Jade marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Ashden Collige
Ashden Collige marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Pinky Aung
Pinky Aung marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
The Magick School
The Magick School marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Anjani
Anjani marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions
  • Hedge Witch: A Guide to Solitary Witchcraft
  • The Pagan Book of Living and Dying: Practical Rituals, Prayers, Blessings, and Meditations on Crossing Over
  • Diary of a Witch
  • A Witch Alone: Thirteen Moons to Master Natural Magic
  • Mindlight: Secrets of Energy, Magick & Manifestation
  • Wheel of the Year: Living the Magical Life
  • The Truth About Witchcraft Today
  • Kissing The Limitless: Deep Magic and the Great Work of Transforming Yourself and the World
  • Grandmother Moon: Lunar Magic in Our Lives - Spells, Rituals, Goddesses, Legends and Emotions Under the Moon
  • The Witches' God
  • The Goddess is in the Details: Wisdom for the Everyday Witch
  • The Circle Within: Creating a Wiccan Spiritual Tradition
  • The Heart of Wicca: Wise Words from a Crone on the Path
  • Witchcraft for Tomorrow
  • Natural Witchery: Intuitive, Personal & Practical Magick
  • Animal Magick: The Art of Recognizing and Working with Familiars
Earth Magic: A Book of Shadows for Positive Witches The Ancient Modern Witch Words Of Power, Transform Your Life - The Art of Manifestation How to Read Tarot Cards How to Use Words of Power