Start by marking “Faerie Cake Dead” as Want to Read:
Faerie Cake Dead

Faerie Cake Dead

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Tea, trust and trouble meet at Fairy Cake Junction! When divorcee, Luna Devere, owner of Faerie Cake Junction, meets general contractor, Devin Radford, chaos reigns. Devin instantly wreaks romantic havoc in Luna's life after she finds a corpse sitting in her tea shop as though awaiting tea. The tea shop is surrounded by faerie folk who have befriended Luna. They know who l ...more
Published June 22nd 2011 by Createspace (first published July 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Faerie Cake Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faerie Cake Dead

Ok I saw an author friend of mine promoting this book. So I read the book blurb like any good book junkie does. Well I fell in love with the premise of the book. Haven't read a good sweet fairie book . So I started reading and reading and reading. I mean who can not fall in love with a book that has tea, cupcakes , a hot leading man. and of course fairies. Luna is a fairy talking human who lives on a plot of land that her family has kept in natural state for the fairies and pixies . You are pro
First and foremost I love faeries. So much so that I believe that if they are in a story, my enjoyment factor goes up at least 20% if not more. That being said, this is why the book gets a solid 3 star review. I really enjoyed it but it has some problems which pixie dust are not going to fix for me.

The lightness of the read was welcome. It was like sitting on your back porch with a cup of tea. It flitted, much like a faerie, from one shiny moment to the next. The characters can be classified as
Andrea Guy
I reviewed J.M. Griffin's Murder On Spyglass Lane awhile back and decided then that she was going to be an author that I wanted to watch out for. I'm glad I made that decision. I love cozy mysteries, and this one is a combination of two things I like, tasty treats and the paranormal, in this case faeries.

I also love quirky characters and that is Luna!

Her relationship with Devlin is a bit strange, I would have liked the characters to be more fleshed out so that their relationship might have been
Sandra "Jeanz"
I was given this e-book in exchange for an honest review to be used as part of the Innovative Online Book Tours Blog Tour. This is Bk 1 in the Luna Devere Series. I like the colours on the book cover, and I understand the scales element as being a reference to the "scales of justice", and obviously the cupcakes are Luna's business. I think the image of the woman points to the book being perhaps a little racy which it wasn't. To be totally truthfully I think the image of the woman is sli
I liked the book. I got very tired of people smirking. That was a term very over used.

We have Luna running her cupcake, tea and gift shop. First there is a dead body found in the shop and then Luna is attacked on her back porch. And the hits just keep on coming.

The mystery is rather light, but the book is supposed to be light. Luna has a problem with her threatening former husband. To the rescue comes Luna's knight in a tool belt. Devan is a nice widower who wants to help solve the problems that
Source: Free review copy provided by author, via Innovative Online Book Tours

Review: A cruel murder, inconsistent ransom notes, and a plot to frame — but life still goes on with Luna, her cat, and her cupcakes! Faerie Cake Dead is an upbeat, all's well ends well cozy mystery that has a touch of romance and an undertone of fantasy. Years after her divorce to the cold, ruthless Thomas Devere, Luna has managed to turn her life around and streamline it into the success of her cupcake boutique, Faeri
Bj Gaskill
I have to give credit where credit is due.....I didn't see it coming until the end!
Usually, I have it all figured out, but Ms. Griffin had to go and throw me for a loop..

I fell in love with Luna's character, she is head strong and even if some think she if a little be it.
I was so glad that Devin walks into her life, we all need a little "Havoc" and man he could fix my basement any day.
The faeries are such an added delight...who wouldn't want a meadow full of faeries that come
I love how cute and put together the cover of the book is.
Now, the main character of the book reminded me allot of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter, no idea why but even though she would be considered a little bit "off" she was still head strong and knew what she believed in.

The murder plot kept me guessing up until the end. I am not sure if it was because I had a little bit of trouble enjoying the writing, it just felt a little flat to me, or if because I was distracted.

Either way it is an ok r
Luna Devere believes in faeries. It isn't something that she broadcasts to the world but they have been around her whole life. That is why when a dead body ends up in her tea shop she goes to the faeries for information and help. We go on an adventure full of dead bodies, drugged people, blackmail, and everything else aimed at getting Luna to shut down her tea and gift shop. Luck for Luna the handsome Devin Radford happens into the picture and wants to help her find the culprit. He even suggests ...more
V.A. Dold
Have you hugged your pixie today?

Cupcakes to die for in more ways than one, a super yummy carpenter, murder mysteries to solve, faeries, and yes PIXIES! These all combine to make up the fun and engrossing book Faierie Cake Dead by J.M. Griffin.

After reading this book I am picking up cupcakes tomorrow for a friend's Birthday, I just wish they were from the junction. Warning! This book will make you crave cupcakes. They are described so well your mouth will water.

The faeries are sweet and yet a bi
Kimberly Landry
I loved this book. A quick read. The cupcakes made me so hungry. Faeries and pixies and her faerie Lord.
First let me say Yummy now I want cupcakes in all flavors. The images of the faeries and the descriptions of the cupcakes were so vivid you could easily put your self right into the book. I was kept in the dark of who did what till the end. One thing I love about mysteries I don’t want to figure out the story too soon. The faith from the book made or make you want to really believe in the good mythical creatures. I hope this will work out as a series this is one author to keep your eye on.
Jessica Buike
This book had a dumb title, but I was hoping it would have some quality content. Sadly, the story was only so-so. The characters were very one-dimensional, and the ending felt too abrupt, like the author just got bored with writing. There were some editing errors that also detracted from the quality. It was fairly predictable, and just didn't have anything that would really make it stand out.
This was a delightful read. It did make me want to go visit the local cupcake shop here in town. Faeries may not be real, but this story makes you hope they are. The author keeps you guessing to the end "who dunnit". There were so many possibilities. Hope you enjoy the read.
Nancy Bradford
The title of this book is what caught my eye and so I had to read it. Love all the descriptions of the cupcakes and the images of the faeries. The story moved along at a good pace.

I hope Ms. Griffin writes more adventures of Luna and gang.
L.T. Fawkes
In coastal Maine, the owner of a tea/gift/cupcake shop investigates strange happenings with the help of meadow faeries and sprites, and a hunky contractor.
this was a good summer book- lots of fun stuff, kind of drug a bit in spots but mostly it was ok.
February Four
It was okay. A little disjointed for my liking, but not so bad I had to stop reading.
Lynn Demsky enjoying this excapade muchly! Cute, humorous and entertaining!
Not the best writing but entertaining and a fast read.
Stephani Hren
Stephani Hren marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Georgeanne marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
  • Run Like Hell
  • Confessions of a Cake Addict
  • A Murderous Glaze (Clay and Crime, #1)
  • The Woof in the Wedding Plans
  • The Three Lost Kids & The Death of the Sugar Fairy
  • Suburban Task Force
  • Buried By Buttercups (Peggy Lee Garden Mysteries)
  • Never Say Pie (A Pie Shop Mystery #2)
  • Darkness All Around
  • Lost Cargo
  • Oh Say Can You Fudge
  • Better Off Wed (Annabelle Archer, #1)
  • Trick or Deceit (Celebration Bay, #4)
  • Death Springs Eternal (The Rift #3)
  • Dang Near Dead (Aggie Mundeen Mystery #2)
  • Hot Chocolate
  • The Girls on Rose Hill
  • Last Chance Beauty Queen (Last Chance, #3)
JM Griffin grew up in the Maine countryside. Inspired by the Nancy Drew mysteries, JM wrote her first story at age twelve.

With 5 books written and more in the works, JM's first book in the Vinnie Esposito series published in February of 2009. The first and second Vinnie Esposito novels have been re-released through Lachesis Publishing. The third novel in the series, Dead Wrong, was released in ebo
More about J.M. Griffin...