Start by marking “Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2 (Azumanga Daioh, #2)” as Want to Read:
Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2 (Azumanga Daioh, #2)

Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2 (Azumanga Daioh #2)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  1,691 ratings  ·  28 reviews
It's not manga, it's Azumanga (and it's smart, fun and totally addictive)! Created by the iconoclastic Kiyohiko Azuma (hence the name), Azumanga Daioh is strongly character driven, telling the story of a group of high-school girls and their hilarious daily tribulations.
Published December 29th 2003 by ADV Manga (first published October 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2

MissAnnThrope
19 June 2013

Azumanga Daioh Vol.2 is even more amusing than the first volume and it's mostly due to Miss Yukari's crazy antics. The second volume kicks off in January with the gang returning from winter holidays. Lucky for us, this motley group entertains us with all their hilarious monkey business all the way into August, ending the volume with summer break.

For a series with nary a plot, it is superbly entertaining and leaves you with such a happy feeling (like being smothered in puppy kisses)
Setsanata
Dec 12, 2008 Setsanata rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Pani Poni Dash.
A 4-koma manga filled with comedy and craziness. Very random.

At points the comedy had me laughing, and at others, it didn't really hit me. The comedy, however, was funnier in this volume.

Every strip has comedy in it, whether you realize it or not, marking this book as down right comedy.

***** Stars, and I will be advancing on!

Has anyone else noticed that Tomo's hair keeps getting longer??

SPOILER SCENE!! IT'S A REALLY FUNNY ONE!!

Tomo: "Adult relationships involve sex, right?"
Nyamo [Kurosawa]: "
I thought the first volume took some getting into, when I put it down and picked this one up, it just "flowed". Sakaki is my favorite character, playing with Japanese schoolgirl stereotypes. Also, I like cats. The dream sequences are hilarious (The creepy cat-dad thing!) and really get across immature "school girl" humor. Half of the time I wasn't laughing because the joke was funny, but laughing that the characters thought it was funny. It's a very difficult thing for an author to do that, and ...more
Kate
Apr 30, 2012 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Always a good re-read as well!
Natalie
As far as a story goes, this one is pretty terrible. There is no plot. It's nonexistent. It's just a series of moments with these characters and them reacting to each other.

But what does make this series memorable are the characters.

Chiyo is cute and interesting. She entered high school at age 10, is smart, cooks her own meals, innocent, and hard-working. She's kind but she also can get irritated as well. Being the youngest of the group, she's the center of most of the comedy because of her yout
Andrew Perron
The translation here is better than it was in the first volume, but still a little stiff. The humor is more fun and more thoughtful, as well, but it's still a little cliched, with some easy "breast size" jokes. It's interesting to see this as a step toward the later absolute genius of Yotsuba&; it's also instructive to look at how the anime took these jokes and made them shine.
Kathy
Very funny manga with further adventures of the class, each of which has their own funny personalities. Mr. Kimura, the creepy teacher actually has a pretty wife which amazes everyone. Some of the characters have funny dreams. For summer vacation, Tomo is even more obnoxious, throwing the key to Chiyo-Chan's parents beach house in the bushes and keeping everyone up all night and getting up early. Sakaki still pines for an animal, the normally sober p.e. teacher Miss Kurosawa has to drink too muc ...more
Serena
I love Chiyo-Chan, she's cute and Osaka's group is so funny. I literally laughed out loud nearly every page.
Autumn
I loved the second more than I loved the first! Miss Yukari is my favorite character.
Sue Wargo
This was just okay. Maybe 2.5 stars. The underlying obsession with the size of the breasts of a lead character I thought a bit much. The lecherous teacher a stereotype. It clouds what could be a decent story. My students haven't flocked to this series, but maybe by the copyright this is dated material.
Charmaine
This is a fun series to read! The characters are so cute, and the humorous situations made me chuckle. However, the first volume, and especially this volume, contain some inappropriate jokes. I would not recommend for even a 13 year old to read this. Older readers, read with caution.
Isabel Reitzes
As with the first Azumanga Daioh, the series continues to capture the quirky personalities, antics, and experiances of the characters. Yukari, in particular, is very amusing. But she's always that way, isn't she? Ahhh.... you have to love Azumanga Daioh.
Hannah
In addition to Natsuki Takaya, Bisco Hatori, and Aya Nakahara, Kiyohiko Azuma is one of my all-time favorite mangakas. He's so talented! I love Azumanga Daioh and Yotsuba&!, they are so amazing:)
Kagami
Oct 01, 2008 Kagami rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any one who luvs humor
Recommended to Kagami by: Barnes&noble
I love this book so much i read it like 34 times
its so funny in many ways and you shoul read it!
its great i swear its my favorite!
YOU MUST READ IT!
Brittany
Even if you're not into anime/manga, this series is highly amusing and can be read in short snippets. It's a great, quirky coming of age sort of thing...
adeline
i love this manga... since all the main characters are girls, it reminds me a lot of my high school days... totally recommended. ^^
713 Takara
This one is just as good as the first and maybe better. I love the new jokes that they put into this one. But the 3rd must be better!
Kricket
so funny. sakaki and cats is my favorite running gag. mr. kimura horrifies me, but the sight of his square mouth always cracks me up.
Sophie
As cute as the first volume, this had me laughing out loud. It's just a lot of fun.
weddy-kins!  kittykat
SAME AS OTHER AZUMANGA BOOKS! YOU HAVE TO READ!!! YOU MUST!! YOU MUST!!
Sylvia
Me he divertido horrores con esta serie. Río y río.
Titis Wardhana
baru beli nemu yang bekas tapi masih bagus...
Chelsy
Comical, cute, still to many boob jokes.
Joseph Young
Funny, but not amazing. Too much perv humour.
Delaney Marie Linn
it's pretty good and funny so far
Julia704
HILARIOUS AND A ONE OF A KIND!
Mazzy
i would love to read it
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture 2 (Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, #2)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 2 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #2)
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2
  • Love Hina, Vol. 05
  • Emma, Vol. 04
Kiyohiko Azuma (東清彦 or あずま きよひこ Azuma Kiyohiko) is a Japanese manga author and artist. His most well-known work is Azumanga Daioh. His current series is Yotsuba&!, which is serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh magazine.
More about Kiyohiko Azuma...

Azumanga Daioh (5 books)
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1 (Azumanga Daioh, #1)
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 3 (Azumanga Daioh, #3)
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 4 (Azumanga Daioh, #4)
  • Azumanga Daioh: The Omnibus
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 (Yotsuba&! #1) Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1 (Azumanga Daioh, #1) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 (Yotsuba&! #2) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3) Yotsuba&!, Vol. 04 (Yotsuba&! #4)