Start by marking “Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2 (Azumanga Daioh, #2)” as Want to Read:
Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2 (Azumanga Daioh, #2)

Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2 (Azumanga Daioh #2)

4.38  ·  Rating Details ·  2,016 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
It's not manga, it's Azumanga (and it's smart, fun and totally addictive)! Created by the iconoclastic Kiyohiko Azuma (hence the name), Azumanga Daioh is strongly character driven, telling the story of a group of high-school girls and their hilarious daily tribulations.
Published December 29th 2003 by ADV Manga (first published October 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2

MissAnnThrope
19 June 2013

Azumanga Daioh Vol.2 is even more amusing than the first volume and it's mostly due to Miss Yukari's crazy antics. The second volume kicks off in January with the gang returning from winter holidays. Lucky for us, this motley group entertains us with all their hilarious monkey business all the way into August, ending the volume with summer break.

For a series with nary a plot, it is superbly entertaining and leaves you with such a happy feeling (like being smothered in puppy kisses)
Setsanata
Dec 07, 2008 Setsanata rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Pani Poni Dash.
A 4-koma manga filled with comedy and craziness. Very random.

At points the comedy had me laughing, and at others, it didn't really hit me. The comedy, however, was funnier in this volume.

Every strip has comedy in it, whether you realize it or not, marking this book as down right comedy.

***** Stars, and I will be advancing on!

Has anyone else noticed that Tomo's hair keeps getting longer??

SPOILER SCENE!! IT'S A REALLY FUNNY ONE!!

Tomo: "Adult relationships involve sex, right?"
Nyamo [Kurosawa]: "
Apr 09, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
I thought the first volume took some getting into, when I put it down and picked this one up, it just "flowed". Sakaki is my favorite character, playing with Japanese schoolgirl stereotypes. Also, I like cats. The dream sequences are hilarious (The creepy cat-dad thing!) and really get across immature "school girl" humor. Half of the time I wasn't laughing because the joke was funny, but laughing that the characters thought it was funny. It's a very difficult thing for an author to do that, and ...more
Kate
Apr 30, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Always a good re-read as well!
Samantha
Absolutely adorable! I read it so fast, it's a shame I don't have the next volumes yet. All the characters have their own particularity and make their group of friends unique, and I love this about Azumanga Daioh.

The only thing that really bothers me is that creepy professor - whose name I forgot, but anyways. He's always making coments about the girls, and is portrayed as a pervert, so I don't like the comedic way he's seen. It would be better if he didn't exist at all, tbh.
Jennifer Ranger
Dec 20, 2016 Jennifer Ranger rated it liked it
This was another cute, light, and at times funny title in the series. I enjoyed it more than volume 1, so I will continue on with volume 3.
Kathy
Mar 11, 2010 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: y-graphic-novel
Very funny manga with further adventures of the class, each of which has their own funny personalities. Mr. Kimura, the creepy teacher actually has a pretty wife which amazes everyone. Some of the characters have funny dreams. For summer vacation, Tomo is even more obnoxious, throwing the key to Chiyo-Chan's parents beach house in the bushes and keeping everyone up all night and getting up early. Sakaki still pines for an animal, the normally sober p.e. teacher Miss Kurosawa has to drink too muc ...more
Diego
Aug 15, 2016 Diego rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
En este tomo aumenta la calidad del manga respecto al volumen anterior, con unos personajes más definidos y la seguridad que esto produce en el lector a la hora de disfrutar adecuadamente de las historias. Con el perfil definido de los caracteres, se producen situaciones un tanto surrealistas y muy divertidas que aportan frescor a la monotonía del curso anterior. Me alegro de haber decidido continuar con la lectura de esta obra.
Amanda Pearl
May 28, 2015 Amanda Pearl rated it really liked it
this is way cute! I enjoyed volume 2 more than 1, probably because I was already familiar with the characters. i still love Sakaki the most, but i grew to like the other characters a lot more. I think I would have given this 5 stars if it weren't for kimura. I just hate creepy characters like him, totally unnecessary!
Sue Wargo
May 16, 2013 Sue Wargo rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, manga
This was just okay. Maybe 2.5 stars. The underlying obsession with the size of the breasts of a lead character I thought a bit much. The lecherous teacher a stereotype. It clouds what could be a decent story. My students haven't flocked to this series, but maybe by the copyright this is dated material.
Drew Perron
Aug 19, 2014 Drew Perron rated it really liked it
The translation here is better than it was in the first volume, but still a little stiff. The humor is more fun and more thoughtful, as well, but it's still a little cliched, with some easy "breast size" jokes. It's interesting to see this as a step toward the later absolute genius of Yotsuba&; it's also instructive to look at how the anime took these jokes and made them shine.
Isabel Reitzes
Oct 11, 2010 Isabel Reitzes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-read
As with the first Azumanga Daioh, the series continues to capture the quirky personalities, antics, and experiances of the characters. Yukari, in particular, is very amusing. But she's always that way, isn't she? Ahhh.... you have to love Azumanga Daioh.
Charmaine
Mar 17, 2009 Charmaine rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This is a fun series to read! The characters are so cute, and the humorous situations made me chuckle. However, the first volume, and especially this volume, contain some inappropriate jokes. I would not recommend for even a 13 year old to read this. Older readers, read with caution.
713 Takara
Oct 27, 2010 713 Takara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 7th-grade-shelf
This one is just as good as the first and maybe better. I love the new jokes that they put into this one. But the 3rd must be better!
Britt
Feb 26, 2007 Britt rated it really liked it
Even if you're not into anime/manga, this series is highly amusing and can be read in short snippets. It's a great, quirky coming of age sort of thing...
Kagami
Oct 01, 2008 Kagami rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any one who luvs humor
Recommended to Kagami by: Barnes&noble
I love this book so much i read it like 34 times
its so funny in many ways and you shoul read it!
its great i swear its my favorite!
YOU MUST READ IT!
Sophie
Jun 14, 2012 Sophie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
As cute as the first volume, this had me laughing out loud. It's just a lot of fun.
Kricket
Dec 11, 2011 Kricket rated it really liked it
Shelves: hiiiilarious, manga, 2011
so funny. sakaki and cats is my favorite running gag. mr. kimura horrifies me, but the sight of his square mouth always cracks me up.
adeline
Nov 15, 2008 adeline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
i love this manga... since all the main characters are girls, it reminds me a lot of my high school days... totally recommended. ^^
Hannah
In addition to Natsuki Takaya, Bisco Hatori, and Aya Nakahara, Kiyohiko Azuma is one of my all-time favorite mangakas. He's so talented! I love Azumanga Daioh and Yotsuba&!, they are so amazing:)
Meggan
Meggan rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2012
Ali Hultz
Ali Hultz rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
André Troesch
André Troesch rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2013
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2013
Abbi Kojima
Abbi Kojima rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2011
Amber Binion
Amber Binion rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2013
Jennifer Liu
Jennifer Liu rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2012
Rachel Motola
Rachel Motola rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2011
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2012
Megan Kennedy
Megan Kennedy rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2014
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, Vol. 2
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 6 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #6)
  • Love Hina, Vol. 10
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 6
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2
Kiyohiko Azuma (東清彦 or あずま きよひこ Azuma Kiyohiko) is a Japanese manga author and artist. His most well-known work is Azumanga Daioh. His current series is Yotsuba&!, which is serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh magazine.
More about Kiyohiko Azuma...

Azumanga Daioh (5 books)
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1 (Azumanga Daioh, #1)
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 3 (Azumanga Daioh, #3)
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 4 (Azumanga Daioh, #4)
  • Azumanga Daioh: The Omnibus