Start by marking “Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings, #2)

Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings #2)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  1,473 ratings  ·  78 reviews
The paranormal world is in chaos. The elders are tired of their younger people playing the field, causing trouble, and fighting with each other. Everyone who attends the UPAC Conference now has twenty-four hours to claim a mate of a different species. If they don't, they will never have a mate. The spell is cast. There is no escaping the Midnight Matings.

Beauregard Stratf
Published July 1st 2011 by Siren Publishing (first published May 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Scales And A Tail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scales And A Tail

Serena Yates
The concept of the 'forced matings', including all the consequences if people don't obey these totally arbitrary (as far as I can see even after the second book) rules was still a bit ridiculous.

What made this book more enjoyable than the first was the characters. Beauregard, the bunny, made me laugh out loud several times. Yes, he may have been a bit over the top, but I still liked him. With Sebastian the dragon being so different, it made for a very entertaining read. I loved the twist about t
Candice
Holy Sheep! This story gutted me for some reason. My heart BROKE for Beauregard. I wanted to castrate Sebastian and that's all there is to it. This is how I felt with Sebastion and Beauregard:

photo planet-loser_zps83914be4.gif

Sebastian is a spoiled brat and Beauregard is as sweet and cute as can be. Hot damn, I loved him.

I will say though that the groveling was spot on. Perfect. I loved how Sebastian knew he was in the wrong, but Beauregard was still hurt so he wouldn't accept it. It felt REAL to me. Unlike the whole "oh I am
Breann
Big ‘ol dragon with a cute little bunny? Yeah, this was cute. But that’s about it.

There’s some fighting and discrimination happening among shifter kind, so the genius idea was to force shifters to marry outside of their own kind.

So…

Sebastian the Dragon
[image error]

marries

Beauregard the Rabbit

Cute premise, big bag marries cute and tiny, but it could easily go from cute to silly. And it did. A lot.

Beauregard was an ornery little bunny so it was a lot of fun seeing him get into trouble and his dr
Honey
The premise of this series is rather disturbing. I find it hard to believe that the idea of forcibly making the paranormal community mate by putting something in their drinks and giving them 24h to find a mate is the idea of a mature, intelligent Council of Elders. Maybe because it sounds too close to rape aided by the use of date rape drugs?

Beauregard is saved from this fate by Sebastian. Thinking the best solution is to just mate each other; they do so and make their way to Sebastian’s castle,
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

This was a reread, after a conversation on the greatness of mpreg books with Jenni Lea and teaching Gina what mpreg actually is, I decided it needed to be celebrated by rereading this one.
It's still so cute, I mean a bubblegum chewing ( only watermelon please) toenail painting, cute green bunny purse wearing bunny shifter, Beauregard being unwittingly and not quite willingly mated to the prince of dragons.
So yes, great set-up.
Beauregard was honest to his mate from the onset : “However, I a
Terra Noah
Reviewed for Gayrotic Reviews.

I liked the story and the characters, but I had a big problem with the writing and editing. There were numerous repetitions in the text, both things we'd already been told before (sometimes twice), and words repetitions. In one place, for example, six paragraphs in a row start with "Sebastian". There were also a lot of typos that bothered me. I don't mind some, but I get annoyed when there are too many. The writing itself also bothered me. It was very "telling" with
Camille
This was silly, so very ridiculously silly...and yet it made me smile throughout so three stars.

Chick with a dick to the extreme, confusing and crazy mpregnancy, weird woman-less world, every mills and boons trope thrown in to maximum effect, substantial editing errors, plus some shifting to top it off and you have the Pulitzer Prize equivalent of pulp with which to pass time on the train.
Leaundra
Beauregard and Sebastian were so sweet together. They were perfect for each other. Don't want to give anything away even in the spoiler section so you have to read it:-)
Elisa Rolle
Sometime you need something with no emotional involvement, meaning no angst, no drama, something funny and cute, and so, even if I have tons of books I need to read, yesterday night I browsed the kindle ebooks and picked this one: a rabbit shifter mated with a dragon? Well, it had to be funny! And what promised, it delivered. But actually, considering I’m not new to a Stormy Glenn’s comedy, I have to say I noticed a huge improvement, while preserving her distinctive touch of cute bottom boys, th ...more
Julia ♥Duncan♥
Wow... I actually liked this. That was unexpected. I'm really not a fan of shifters (but I just couldn't resist a bunny). Also not a huge fan of insta-matings. And I don't really like it when the characters hook up immediately. And yet... I liked this. Probably because Beauregard was so awesome. He was this adorable little white bunny shifter, but when he stood up for himself he was pretty fierce and totally wonderful.

There were lots of things that bothered me about this though. It needed bette
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
Much much better than the first one in this series.
The bunny was great, although I sort of wished I had seen more of his antics and bubblegum fetish( he seemed to spend all his time In his room ) and I liked the Dragon! :)

The big misunderstanding had to happen, of course, but the groveling in this one was enough to make me happy! :)
And you could see how much the dragon wanted to make his bunny happy even before the big Mis.
(view spoiler)
Christy Loves 2 Read
Loved it cause it was funny and sweet, but mostly it was funny and sexy! Beau made me laugh out loud more times than I could count and the fact that a bunny shifter ended up with a big, bad dragon was priceless!
Ulysses Dietz
Paranormal romance run amok!

What happens when the elders declare that all paranormals have to mate with the next 24 hours or face dire consequences?

Hilarity and heartbreak, that's what.

Beauregard Stratford is a rabbit shifter, and an odd one at that. Sebastian Drakus is the prince of the dragon clan. But inside that tough dragon hide is a gentle heart, and his impulsive rescue of Beauregard during the mating frenzy at the paranormal...um...conference?...has consequences of its own.

I know, this i
Michelle
If you're looking for a quick-fix gay fantasy/shifter romance, then this will suffice. However, don't expect a ground breaking, gut-wrenching story. Just expect smut and some happy lovin' between a rabbit and a dragon shifter.

I liked the twist on inter-species between the shifters. That was cute. I also liked their banter, differences in personalities, love scenes, the emotional drama, and the action. Those were the good parts, however, I didn't like the fantasy around the male pregnancy. It was
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I don't know why I like this series. It's so silly, yet fun. I guess I just like the fact that it brings a smile to my face to read these. I liked this one in which Beauregard, the bunny shifter, ends up with Sebastian, a dragon prince. The two meet when Sebastian is trying to leave the conference where everyone is being forced to choose a mate of a different species and Beauregard is trying to stave off the advances of a wolf or cougar shifter (can't recall) so he literally jumps into Sebastian ...more
Fehu
Rating: ★★★★ well more like 3,5 stars :)

A white bunny shifter was taken as a mate by Sebastian, a dragon shifter prince. The elders of the paranormal have decided to help the races not to fight and spiked their drink to help them mate outside their species.

So this might not have been the best story ever writen BUT it had a forced maiting and Mpreg!!!!Öhm, jup I'm shallow like that and give it stars for hitting two of my favorite themes, rare enough encounter and two in one is just great.

A lot of
Lipvixen
This remains my favorite in the Midnight Matings series. It just makes me smile. Beauregard is just adorable and his reaction to and punishment of Sebastien's false accusations was perfectly executed. Without violence or any use of brawn Beauregard got him back good.

Just goes to show you, being smaller does not make you automatically lose.
Clover
funny, sexy and lovely ! i almost cried too. these two shifters are so cute and their story was very good to read !
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

I have to say this is a very entertaining story with a lot of imagination. The idea of forcing shifters of different species to mate is comical and destined to wreak havoc for everyone involved. In this story we meet a rabbit and dragon who, for lack of better words, have been forced to mate. With a pairing like that it’s only natural for there to be a lot of mishaps and misunderstandings. This author took an unconventional pairing an
Sohama Saunders
This book is so good to read when you want to read something sweet, fluffy and hilarious. The whole idea (a dragon shifter mating with a bunny shifter) is a really funny one. But then enters Beauregard (bunny guy). He is hyperactive, a little immature and he goes at his own pace which completely throws Sebastian off. The cool prince dragon, in control of everything around him, used to rule, always jumping to conclusions... just doesn't know what to do with a bunny. Which made me laugh even more. ...more
Timeforme
Saha
I almost feel guilty for loving this series so much :D Beau being an absolute thrill and so much fun to have around (bunny hug!) and once more I enjoyed the non-carefully crafted but still deliriously amusing world of the Midnight Matings. This is definitely not taking a story to be taken seriously (you have to keep an open mind with this series) but damn me if it wasn't fun!
Switchbladesmile
First: The good thing is that I came around to finish this book.
There are books in my collection (not many, but still) I wasn't able to do so.

But: That's it. The summary sounded promising and kinda sweet. So I was looking forward to the romantic story of a dragon and a bunny falling in love.

It started out ok, but then it turned into a mess. I had to laugh several times because I really didn't know why I was reading such an accumulation of nonsense.

The male pregnant rabbit topped it then for me,
Zee
I just discovered this series and was intrigued by the forced matings of paranormals concept. A cute bubbly bunny mating with a big mean dragon? I expected a cute story about them falling in love despite their differences but this was really good, a bit melodramatic (poor Beauregard), silly, sexy and so much fun to read. I’m off to read the next book in the series.
Heather
A perfectly ridiculous series that I just can't seam to get enough of.

This one featured a mating between a dragon (Sebastian) and a rabbit (Beauregard).
The best part is the surprise twist between them! Nope. Not going to even add it as a spoiler because it makes the story soo much better not knowing.

My favorite line in the book:
“I can lick my own balls.”
Sebastian’s mouth dropped open. “You can what?”
“I’m a rabbit.” Beauregard smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.”
Barbara ★
When the Elder Council proclaimed that all shifters would have to find a mate in 24 hours or else, dragon shifter Sebastian was incensed. As he was running for the door, Beauregard, a bunny shifter is fleeing a werewolf determined to snag him. Sebastian jumps in and rescues the poor bunny and ends up mated to him. I was okay with this scenario -except for the date-rape-like drugs used by the Elders - until Mr. bunny shifter turns up pregnant. Yup I said MISTER bunny is pregnant. I found this con ...more
CB
Such a fun series! There are currently 20 books in the series, each book is written by either Joyee Flynn, Gabrielle Evans or Stormy Glenn. They could keep writing more as long as they continue creating interesting characters who shift into all kinds of wonderful and different animals/mythical beings and coming up with unique stories full of romance, crazy drama, angst and let's not forget the very hot sex!

You don't have to read them in order, very rarely are other characters mentioned, but each
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Don't expect in depth life changing plot lines when it comes to this series. It's meant to be fun and I think that the authors have some crazy bet going on who can come up with the most crazy shifter combination!

Beauregard = super cute bunny shifter
(who had my favorite quote in the whole book)
“I can lick my own balls.”
Sebastian’s mouth dropped open. “You can what?”
“I’m a rabbit.” Beauregard smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.”

Sebestian = big sexy dragon shifter
(kind of an asshat at first)

As alw
Lucy Smith
This was my favorite of all the short serial shifter books I have read. The bunny was so cute and the Dragon so mean and selfish. Loved it.
Melissa
A short story that was surprisingly engaging despite the fact that it was built on lack of communication and somewhat cliché plot devices.
The Backlot Gay B...: Stormy Glenn rides again 1 11 Jan 21, 2014 04:48PM
IGNORE 1 23 May 16, 2013 09:00AM
  • Fire And Ash (Midnight Matings, #3)
  • Spells And Bananas (Midnight Matings, #9)
  • The Shark Who Rode a Seahorse (Mate or Meal, #5)
  • Montana's Vamp (Brac Pack, #16)
  • Determined Mate (Holland Brothers, #2)
  • The Degan Incident (Galactic Conspiracies, #1)
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

After 25 years of bankrupting the family with my reading obsession, I decided to try my hand at writing my own novels. It still amazes me to this day that people are actually interested in the stuff that comes out
More about Stormy Glenn...
Full Moon Mating (Wolf Creek Pack, #1) The Cat’s Meow  (Assassin's Pride, #1) Just A Taste Of Me (Wolf Creek Pack, #2) Heart Song (True Blood Mate, #1) Blood Prince (Wolf Creek Pack, #4)