Start by marking “The Burying Field (Danny Chaisson, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Burying Field (Danny Chaisson, #2)

The Burying Field (Danny Chaisson #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Big Easy lawyer Danny Chaisson is back to settle an emotionally charged dispute between the old South and the new-and finds himself caught in the middle.
Published May 6th 2003 by Signet (first published May 6th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Burying Field, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Burying Field

Kayeb
I liked his characters.....even as they do fit sterrotypes. There is truly more dignity presented for the "downtrodden" than the folks with power... Jabril, a sidekick, is a humorous addition and I'd end up laughing ....very little else in this story was laughable.

When four white teenagers desecrate an old slave burying ground, racial tensions explode and Danny Chaisson finds himself on the wrong side of a bitter struggle over land, power, and memory in a small Louisiana town. Hired by a wealthy...more
Kirk Morrison
Danny Chaisson returns after the success of "Cold Steel Rain" in this latest adventure in which the humid air and sleazy dealing of New Orleans languidly comes off the page. Now that Abel has developed some characters which return here the writing is a little more formulaic but if you enjoyed first book you'll probably like this one too.
Leigh
I bought this book not because it's my genre of choice--it's decidely not--but because the man behind the pseudonym was my professor for one of the most brilliant college English courses I've taken. I have no idea what his crime novels are like, but we'll find out.
Mary Jo
I found this book for a dollar, and it's one of my favorite books! I want to read more by this author.
Annet
I remember enjoying reading this southern crime/legal novel. Good story.
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Jean Blake-tahyi
Jean Blake-tahyi marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Janie Roeschlein
Janie Roeschlein marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Pizza
Pizza added it
Nov 20, 2013
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Lindsey Peterson
Lindsey Peterson is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2013
David Sanderson
David Sanderson marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
Kevin
Kevin added it
May 13, 2013
Greg
Greg added it
Apr 29, 2013
Scott E
Scott E marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Sue Em
Sue Em marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2013
Alison G.
Alison G. marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Pseudonym of Sergei Lobanov-Rostovsky.
Sergei Lobanov-Rostovsky has taught at Kenyon since 1993. He teaches courses on Shakespeare, Renaissance poetry, film, and fiction writing. His research centers on the politics of spectacle in early modern drama, and he has also published a series of crime novels under the pseudonym Kenneth Abel. In 2001, he received the Junior Trustee Award for Teaching Excel...more
More about Kenneth Abel...
Cold Steel Rain (Danny Chaisson, #1) Bait Down in the Flood (Danny Chaisson, #3) The Blue Wall