Start by marking “The Most Effective Natural Cures on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth about What Treatments Work and Why” as Want to Read:

A comprehensive look at natural treatments and healing methods that work.

Jonny Bowden takes his practical, knowledgeable, and open-minded approach—the same approach that made The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth so successful—and focuses it on natural cures, revealing the best of alternative medicine for a mainstream audience. Through his personal use, extensive research, and

Published August 1st 2011 by Fair Winds Press (MA) (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Most Effective Natural Cures on Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Most Effective Natural Cures on Earth

Jodi
Nov 03, 2012 Jodi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-books
It wasn't until I'd read all the health information in this book that I noticed that the author listed Dr Oz as a contributor, and also that Dr Oz says on the cover of the book that this book is one he goes back to again and again. That really explained a lot. This book is full of the sort of lightweight, superficial, incomplete, misleading and at best half-truth type health information that you get from someone like Dr Oz or in a 'health and beauty' magazine article. It's newstainment or maybe ...more
Abraham
Feb 02, 2013 Abraham rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pisces
I got through one-third of this book and just got turned off by a few factors.

First of all, there are no references. I was reading the chapter on zinc carnosine for ulcers and he mentioned a Japanese study about its usage, but no references. There are chapters all mentioning all these studies done and whatnot, but where are the references? I need the reference, because it makes his statement more legitimate, but without... it all sounds like personal bias and spoof.

Secondly, when I read that v
Melissa
Aug 17, 2009 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: herbalism
This is a great natural remedy reference with listings of individual remedies, such as vitamin D and iodine, and helpful "combination cures" for things like acne, arthritis, heartburn and hypertension. My only complaint is that I wish Bowden had listed some of the possible drug interactions for his remedies. For example, feverfew, which might be helpful in reducing severe headaches, and St. John's Wort, said to be effective for mild depression, both have the potential to reduce the effectiveness ...more
Val
Jul 04, 2010 Val rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't look at the table of contents before reading... I thought this would be mostly about things like food and yoga, but it's actually mostly about supplements (which are not regulated by the FDA, and therefore consume at your own risk!)
Amy Wilks
Sep 16, 2012 Amy Wilks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really appreciate the unbiased nature of this book. It examines over 75 different health concerns and is broken into the following sections: pure cures, plant cures, combo cures, food cures, natural treatments, and desert island cures (the six things he'd want to have if stranded somewhere). I have already taken his advice on some things (for example, quercetin for my son's allergies and magnesium supplements for me). Useful, practical, sensible information.
Becca
Jan 14, 2010 Becca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference-books
This book never seems to find its way back to the book shelf because I constantly refer back to it when I want to find info on various ailments and the supplements/types of food that can resolve or mollify their symptoms.
Steven
Jan 11, 2012 Steven rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good resource to look at when you have a specific trouble. Hope some of them work, and I am in the one third that these natural cures really help out, instead of that one third that it does nothing for.
Jacki
Apr 24, 2008 Jacki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-wellness
Another good book to have on shelf as a reference for ailments, aches, and pains. I learned a lot from this book as well. Johnny Bowden did a great job again.
Rbraven
Rbraven rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2013
Ashley Darkenwald
Ashley Darkenwald rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2013
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Kate Gibson
Kate Gibson rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2016
Lina
Lina rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2016
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2010
Paul Ashley
Paul Ashley rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2014
Cassie Backowski
Cassie Backowski rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2010
Steph
Steph rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2009
Emily Braithwaite
Emily Braithwaite rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2011
Nagwani1
Nagwani1 rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2009
Prowler
Prowler rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2013
Kitti Boesel
Kitti Boesel rated it did not like it
Sep 21, 2013
Faith
Faith rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2011
Marie Tan
Marie Tan rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Jamie Burgoon
Jamie Burgoon rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2011
Gonzalo Gandia
Gonzalo Gandia rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2013
Katharine Grubb
Katharine Grubb rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Daniel Kehres
Daniel Kehres rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2009
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Martha
Martha rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Ultraprevention
  • Coach Yourself Thin: Five Steps to Retrain Your Mind, Reclaim Your Power, and Lose the Weight for Good
  • Beat Sugar Addiction Now!
  • The World's Healthiest Foods: Essential Guide for the Healthiest Way of Eating
  • Fat Chance: Losing the Weight, Gaining My Worth
  • Green Smoothies Diet: The Natural Program for Extraordinary Health
  • The Belly Fat Cure: No Dieting with the NEW Sugar/Carb Approved Foods
  • Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill
  • 101 Foods That Could Save Your Life
  • Herbal Antibiotics: Natural Alternatives for Treating Drug Resistant Bacteria (Storey Medicinal Herb Guide)
  • The Hundred-Year Lie: How Food and Medicine Are Destroying Your Health
  • The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse: An All-Natural, At-Home Flush to Purify and Rejuvenate Your Body
  • National Geographic Guide to Medicinal Herbs: The World's Most Effective Healing Plants
  • The New Detox Diet: The Complete Guide for Lifelong Vitality with Recipes, Menus, and Detox Plans
  • The Inflammation Syndrome: The Complete Nutritional Program to Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Allergies, and Asthma
  • Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future
  • Excitotoxins: The Taste that Kills
  • The Raw Milk Revolution: Behind America's Emerging Battle Over Food Rights
Jonny Bowden, PhD, CNS, also known as “THE ROGUE NUTRITIONIST” is a board-certified nutritionist with a master’s degree in psychology and the best-selling author of thirteen books including “The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth”, “Living Low Carb”, and “The Most Effective Natural Cures on Earth”. He has appeared on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, and CBS and Dr. Oz’s XM Radio and television shows as ...more
More about Jonny Bowden...