The Heirs of Eldon

The Heirs of Eldon (World of Samar #2)

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Tav and Tash might have been born twins, but they both want something different from life. Tav would love to study with the great scholars in Voltarian, while Tash wants to follow in his father’s footsteps, becoming a hero. Neither is prepared for what fate has in store for them.

With Loden once more facing war, an upstart king decides he has the answer. Unite the seven pro...more
Published (first published July 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Heirs of Eldon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heirs of Eldon

Poppet
This is the sequel to Emerald, and follows the twin brothers Tav and Tash as they leave their home as fugitives, fleeing oppression and persecution, to find freedom and acceptance out in the world.

As with all good fantasy books, this encompasses races of people with strange tongues and ethnicity. Some will inspire and some will repulse, and that is how it should be.

I found the book steadily picks up pace, the action is impressive, the life threatening drama and twists do not disappoint, and by t...more
Becky
Loved it!!!! Once again, I would give this a 4.5 rating. The only thing keeping it from that elusive 5-star rating is the fact that I reserve those for books that move me deeply. Until chapter 8, I was sure this was going to be a 3-star read. However, at that point the author began to really draw me in. By chapter 10, I was beginning to feel emotionally attached to the characters. I will say that at one point, late in the book, I thought I was going to have to shoot an Orahim dart at the author....more
Steven Burke
The character development in this book is amazing. The level of description is amazing, though sometimes it does slow the flow of the moment. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to reading the next book!
Audrey Brown-williams
Audrey Brown-williams marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Breanna Eastlick
Breanna Eastlick marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Wolfhunter140
Wolfhunter140 marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Jacy
Jacy marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Grzyman12
Grzyman12 marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Miriam
Miriam marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Shellie
Shellie marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Gunjan
Gunjan marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Unti
Unti marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Meagan
Meagan added it
Aug 25, 2013
Emre
Emre marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
Lacey Lane
Lacey Lane marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Amadeus
Amadeus marked it as to-read
May 02, 2013
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2013
Jennifer Gilbert
Jennifer Gilbert marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Zipper
Zipper marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
ML Hamilton has been teaching high school English and journalism in Central California for the last 19 years.

Teaching students to appreciate literature has made her career rewarding; however, she always dreamed of publishing her own novel.

In 2010, the dream came true. Her first novel, Emerald, was published by Wild Wolf Publishing. The sequel to Emerald, The Heirs of Eldon, followed the next year...more
More about M.L. Hamilton...
Ravensong Emerald (World of Samar, #1) Murder on Potrero Hill (A Peyton Brooks' Mystery, #1) Murder in the Presidio (A Peyton Brooks' Mystery, #6) Murder in Chinatown (A Peyton Brooks' Mystery, #5)