Start by marking “On Thin Ice” as Want to Read:
On Thin Ice

On Thin Ice

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  554 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
For Sasha the world of professional ice skating brought glory, fame and a refuge from the wounds of her past. She went on to Olympic fame, her smile hiding a heavy heart. But now there is a trail of dead bodies left in the wake of the ice show's tour - a scene that echoes the nightmare Sasha has tried to forget.
Published December 1st 2002 by Zebra (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about On Thin Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Thin Ice

It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
164th out of 594 books — 1,284 voters
Edge of the Past by Jennifer ComeauxLaying Low In Hollywood by Jean Marie StanberryLife on the Edge by Jennifer ComeauxSpiraling by Rachel CrossFighting for the Edge by Jennifer Comeaux
Ice Skating in Fiction
52nd out of 105 books — 42 voters

More lists with this book...

P.Z.
Nov 01, 2014 P.Z. rated it it was ok
Shelves: suspense-romance
เปนเรืองทีอานไดเรือยๆ แตไมรูวาเรามีปัญหาทีสำนวนหรือยังไง บางยอหนาอานแลวไมเขาใจ ไมรูวาเปนทีคนแปลหรือตนฉบับ แตอานฉบับแปลแลวสะดุด บางครังตองกวาดตามองผานๆไมงันหมดอารมณอานไปกอนแนๆ

เนือเรืองสืบสวนไมไดซับซอนอยางทีคิด คนรายเปนโรคจิต ทังๆทีนาจะเดาไดตังแตแรกแลววาคนทีมีสองบุคลิกแบบนีคือคนทีนาสงสัยทีสุด ปมของนางเอกกแลดูงงๆ อานแลวไมคอยเขาถึงเทาไร แตทีรูๆคือพระนางสปารคกันเรวมาก เจอกันไมเทาไร รูตัวอีกทีกไปอยูบนเตียงแลวซะงัน

การแกไขปัญหาหลายอยางในเรืองดูเหมือนจะงายไป อานแลวจึงเฉยๆ ไมไดรูสึกตืนเตนไปดวย มีแคชวงทีพร
Tina
Hmm, not sure what to think about this one. Sometimes I am in the mood for a real woman-in-jeopardy-menacing-killer suspense novel. Well, this isn't that. It is ostensibly a suspense novel but it read a bit lighter than, say, a Karen Rose. But that was o.k. actually. I read it in one sitting, almost and it was quick and enjoyable and Susan Andersen writes with a snappy wit.

This is my first Susan Andersen (but not the last) and only the second book set in the professional ice skating world I'd e
Julie Barrett
Jan 18, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
On Thin Ice by Susan Andersen
Sasha Miller was the Olympic medal skater. Her partner, Lonnie Morrison was just released from jail after 5 years for drugs. The cops were not able to charge her at all.
She had to leave the couples section and go back to singles and was on tour on the west coast with the winter ice folly shows.
At the same time the federal agency knows she did play a part and we keep an eye on her-the new manager is an agent.
She has a lot of secrets and finally confides in another s
Kamon SecondAccount
(3.8 ดาว ลบ 0.2 ดาวเพราะสำนวนแปลโบราณไมเขากับเรือง)

แนวรักปนสืบสวนเบาๆ ใชฉากฟิกเกอรสเกต อานสนุกอยางทีคิดไวตอนดูปกหลัง
เสียแตสำนวนแปลใชคำไดเกาเกิน
ตัวละคร--เพือนสนิทกัน คุยกันใชคำสุภาพเกินไป
เชน ขายยา กใชคำวา "จำหนายยา" คิด ใชคำวา "ตรึกตรอง" (นีคือในบทพูดนะ)
สะดุดหลายหนเพราะการใชคำไมเขากับยุคสมัย/ความสนิทของตัวละคร
Siân
Even when this book was written I couldn't say I was a fan of the Neanderthal male type. Mick was a dick and Sasha deserved better.
Nancy Anderson
Mar 28, 2015 Nancy Anderson rated it liked it
Characters not as good as in Shadow Dance.
$3 from Dollar General.
Mysterious
May 20, 2014 Mysterious rated it it was ok
Okay, but I like Andersen's romance novels better.
Vivian
Sep 27, 2014 Vivian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 star read
Jonetta
Oct 30, 2011 Jonetta rated it liked it
This was a light suspense story that kept my interest throughout. Sometimes Mick was a little too cave man aloha male and Sasha a little too perfect but it worked in the end. It wasn't tough to figure out whodunit but it didn't spoil my level of enjoyment. The story moved at a good pace with good dialogue and the right level of character development. Overall, it's a good story but not at the level of suspense that keeps me on the edge of my seat and speeds up my pulse rate.
Deb Krill
Nov 27, 2014 Deb Krill rated it really liked it
a little romance, a little mystery goes a long ways!! fun read!
Christine
Oct 15, 2012 Christine rated it it was ok
I was initially going to give this 3 stars. The writing is pretty good, the characters are likeable, and there are mystery/suspense elements to keep the story moving along, and I have liked other works by this author.

However, I went with 2 stars. I got halfway through and just couldn't finish it. For some reason I never engaged with the characters; I just never cared enough about them to want to go all they way through to the end.
Jeanette
Jun 08, 2015 Jeanette rated it did not like it
I made it to page 122. I really tried to finish this book, I really did. I gave it one star based off of what I've already read.
With that being said, I am still going to try to read another book by this author. I know not all books are perfect. I hope I can find one that makes up for this.
Nicola
This is a novel about figure skating. The author misspelled the word axel. (Tip: it's named after the first dude to compete the skill.) Some things are just unacceptable.

As a romance, I found On Thin Ice dull. As a murder mystery, I found it unconvincing. Major thumbs down.
SweetSue
Dec 24, 2015 SweetSue rated it liked it
I've liked other Susan Andersen books. This was not my favorite, but good. I liked the friendship between Sasha and Connie, and that Connie stood up for herself with Lon. Mick was redeemed from being too much of a jerk alpha-dude because he called his mother! lol
May 13, 2013 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd never heard of this author and actually found the book while searching for something else on the library catalogue. But it was a nice, light story and I felt it got better the farther into it I got. I'd read other novels by this author.
Renee
Aug 08, 2013 Renee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, but it was predictable. By the 4th chapter you knew who was going to do what. I would recommend it for an easy read though.
Susan
Jul 17, 2013 Susan rated it liked it
Jaded DEA Mick undrcvr as mngr ice follies 2 chk if star Sasha invlvd w/drug sales, hr con frnd frm kidhood Lon, hr bst frnd Connie, crazy killr
Marianne
Dec 09, 2012 Marianne rated it liked it
Genre, cop meets girl, falls in love. Usually, he doesn't want love and fights it. this time the cop says I love you first!
Janeiowa
Mar 15, 2014 Janeiowa rated it it was ok
Skaters...one thought to be into drugs.

This one just didn't live up to Andersen's usual style and content for me
Jenny Rebecca
I keep re-reading this book. You gotta love it. Great hero. Love the ice skating aspect. Lots of good tension.
Gamatst
Jan 15, 2010 Gamatst rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I really liked 4 of the 5 Romantic Suspense books that Susan Andersen wrote and this is one of them!

Jenny
Mar 19, 2013 Jenny rated it it was ok
Not a fan of men who are so bossy and aggressive, if if he was the good guy.
Jacquie
Oct 13, 2012 Jacquie rated it liked it
Love how Susan let's you into the villains mind, creepy! Lol
Anita
Oct 17, 2012 Anita rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-supense
RS real light. Good story and romance, mild suspense.
Donna
Jul 11, 2010 Donna rated it really liked it
This was pretty good. Nice suspense, nice romance..
Anju Lakhansingh
Nov 09, 2012 Anju Lakhansingh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book...enjoyed the strong women in this book!
Carrie
Entertaining, but with more telling than showing.
Shannon
Jul 20, 2015 Shannon rated it liked it
really didnt care for this
Lynn Calvin
Romance
Jane
Jun 05, 2013 Jane rated it did not like it
Yuck....
  • Dearly Beloved
  • Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel)
  • For Better or Hearse (Annabelle Archer, #2)
  • Fair is the Rose
  • Drive Me Wild
  • My Pleasure (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #2)
  • Coercion to Love
  • Off Limits
  • Ready (Mercenary Trilogy, #1)
  • Lady Margery's Intrigue (Regency Royal, #4)
  • Lord of Midnight (Dark Champion, #4)
  • Long, Tall and Tempted: Redbird\Paper Husband\Christmas Cowboy
  • To Trust A Stranger/Whispers At Midnight
  • Believed Violent
  • One Touch of Scandal (Fraternitas Aureae Crucis, #1)
  • Looking for Lacey
  • Unmasqued: An Erotic Novel of The Phantom of The Opera (Seducing the Classics, #1)
  • Guise & Dolls (Gretchen Birch, #4)
I grew up in a household with two brothers, a daddy, and my grandfather. Too many men, in other words. They diluted M'ma's influence by diverting my attention to things like the danger of answering nature's call in the dead of the night. I've got a hint for those of you raised in a less spit-and-scratch world: check before you sit, because chances are that seat is gonna be up. And they don't even ...more
More about Susan Andersen...