Start by marking “On Thin Ice” as Want to Read:
On Thin Ice

On Thin Ice

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  478 ratings  ·  25 reviews
For Sasha the world of professional ice skating brought glory, fame and a refuge from the wounds of her past. She went on to Olympic fame, her smile hiding a heavy heart. But now there is a trail of dead bodies left in the wake of the ice show's tour - a scene that echoes the nightmare Sasha has tried to forget.
Published December 1st 2002 by Zebra (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about On Thin Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Thin Ice

It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
138th out of 445 books — 1,050 voters
Below the Belt by Sarah MayberryBeast Behaving Badly by Shelly LaurenstonBear Meets Girl by Shelly LaurenstonThe Mane Squeeze by Shelly LaurenstonStealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally
Working Up a Sweat: Female Athletes in Romance Novels
32nd out of 90 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

P.Z.
เป็นเรื่องที่อ่านได้เรื่อยๆ แต่ไม่รู้ว่าเรามีปัญหาที่สำนวนหรือยังไง บางย่อหน้าอ่านแล้วไม่เข้าใจ ไม่รู้ว่าเป็นที่คนแปลหรือต้นฉบับ แต่อ่านฉบับแปลแล้วสะดุด บางครั้งต้องกวาดตามองผ่านๆไม่งั้นหมดอารมณ์อ่านไปก่อนแน่ๆ

เนื้อเรื่องสืบสวนไม่ได้ซับซ้อนอย่างที่คิด คนร้ายเป็นโรคจิต ทั้งๆที่น่าจะเดาได้ตั้งแต่แรกแล้วว่าคนที่มีสองบุคลิกแบบนี้คือคนที่น่าสงสัยที่สุด ปมของนางเอกก็แลดูงงๆ อ่านแล้วไม่ค่อยเข้าถึงเท่าไร แต่ที่รู้ๆคือพระนางสปาร์คกันเร็วมาก เจอกันไม่เท่าไร รู้ตัวอีกทีก็ไปอยู่บนเตียงแล้วซะงั้น

การแก้ไขปัญหา
Tina
Hmm, not sure what to think about this one. Sometimes I am in the mood for a real woman-in-jeopardy-menacing-killer suspense novel. Well, this isn't that. It is ostensibly a suspense novel but it read a bit lighter than, say, a Karen Rose. But that was o.k. actually. I read it in one sitting, almost and it was quick and enjoyable and Susan Andersen writes with a snappy wit.

This is my first Susan Andersen (but not the last) and only the second book set in the professional ice skating world I'd e
Julie Barrett
On Thin Ice by Susan Andersen
Sasha Miller was the Olympic medal skater. Her partner, Lonnie Morrison was just released from jail after 5 years for drugs. The cops were not able to charge her at all.
She had to leave the couples section and go back to singles and was on tour on the west coast with the winter ice folly shows.
At the same time the federal agency knows she did play a part and we keep an eye on her-the new manager is an agent.
She has a lot of secrets and finally confides in another s
Sian
Even when this book was written I couldn't say I was a fan of the Neanderthal male type. Mick was a dick and Sasha deserved better.
Mysterious
Okay, but I like Andersen's romance novels better.
Jonetta
This was a light suspense story that kept my interest throughout. Sometimes Mick was a little too cave man aloha male and Sasha a little too perfect but it worked in the end. It wasn't tough to figure out whodunit but it didn't spoil my level of enjoyment. The story moved at a good pace with good dialogue and the right level of character development. Overall, it's a good story but not at the level of suspense that keeps me on the edge of my seat and speeds up my pulse rate.
Deb Krill
a little romance, a little mystery goes a long ways!! fun read!
Christine
I was initially going to give this 3 stars. The writing is pretty good, the characters are likeable, and there are mystery/suspense elements to keep the story moving along, and I have liked other works by this author.

However, I went with 2 stars. I got halfway through and just couldn't finish it. For some reason I never engaged with the characters; I just never cared enough about them to want to go all they way through to the end.
Nicola
This is a novel about figure skating. The author misspelled the word axel. (Tip: it's named after the first dude to compete the skill.) Some things are just unacceptable.

As a romance, I found On Thin Ice dull. As a murder mystery, I found it unconvincing. Major thumbs down.
I'd never heard of this author and actually found the book while searching for something else on the library catalogue. But it was a nice, light story and I felt it got better the farther into it I got. I'd read other novels by this author.
Renee
I liked this book, but it was predictable. By the 4th chapter you knew who was going to do what. I would recommend it for an easy read though.
Susan
Jaded DEA Mick undrcvr as mngr ice follies 2 chk if star Sasha invlvd w/drug sales, hr con frnd frm kidhood Lon, hr bst frnd Connie, crazy killr
Marianne
Genre, cop meets girl, falls in love. Usually, he doesn't want love and fights it. this time the cop says I love you first!
Janeiowa
Skaters...one thought to be into drugs.

This one just didn't live up to Andersen's usual style and content for me
Jenny Rebecca
I keep re-reading this book. You gotta love it. Great hero. Love the ice skating aspect. Lots of good tension.
Gamatst
I really liked 4 of the 5 Romantic Suspense books that Susan Andersen wrote and this is one of them!

Jenny
Not a fan of men who are so bossy and aggressive, if if he was the good guy.
Jacquie
Love how Susan let's you into the villains mind, creepy! Lol
Anita Fleming
RS real light. Good story and romance, mild suspense.
Donna
This was pretty good. Nice suspense, nice romance..
Anju Lakhansingh
Good book...enjoyed the strong women in this book!
Carrie
Entertaining, but with more telling than showing.
Lynn Calvin
Romance
Jessica Graves
Jessica Graves marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
  • Dearly Beloved
  • For Better or Hearse (Annabelle Archer, #2)
  • Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel)
  • Drive Me Wild
  • Diamond Bay (Kell Sabin, #2)
  • Heather's Song
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • Forbidden (Bartlett Brothers, #1)
  • I Got You, Babe (The DeMarco Family, #1)
  • Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2)
  • Going Overboard (SEAL and Code Name, #2)
  • Ready
  • One Touch of Scandal (Fraternitas Aureae Crucis, #1)
  • House of Glass
  • My Pleasure (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #2)
  • Borrowed Time
  • Black Lion's Bride (Warrior, #2)
  • Bride for a Night
I grew up in a household with two brothers, a daddy, and my grandfather. Too many men, in other words. They diluted M'ma's influence by diverting my attention to things like the danger of answering nature's call in the dead of the night. I've got a hint for those of you raised in a less spit-and-scratch world: check before you sit, because chances are that seat is gonna be up. And they don't even ...more
More about Susan Andersen...
Playing Dirty (Sisterhood Diaries, #3) Baby, I'm Yours (Baby, #1) Burning Up Cutting Loose (Sisterhood Diaries, #1) Bending the Rules (Sisterhood Diaries, #2)