Start by marking “On Thin Ice” as Want to Read:
On Thin Ice

On Thin Ice

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  519 ratings  ·  28 reviews
For Sasha the world of professional ice skating brought glory, fame and a refuge from the wounds of her past. She went on to Olympic fame, her smile hiding a heavy heart. But now there is a trail of dead bodies left in the wake of the ice show's tour - a scene that echoes the nightmare Sasha has tried to forget.
Published December 1st 2002 by Zebra (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about On Thin Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Thin Ice

It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
157th out of 505 books — 1,180 voters
Blocked by Jennifer LaneThe Year We Fell Down by Sarina BowenCatching Jordan by Miranda KenneallyStealing Parker by Miranda KenneallyScoring Wilder by R.S. Grey
Working Up a Sweat: Female Athletes in Romance Novels
45th out of 124 books — 87 voters

More lists with this book...

P.Z.
เปนเรืองทีอานไดเรือยๆ แตไมรูวาเรามีปัญหาทีสำนวนหรือยังไง บางยอหนาอานแลวไมเขาใจ ไมรูวาเปนทีคนแปลหรือตนฉบับ แตอานฉบับแปลแลวสะดุด บางครังตองกวาดตามองผานๆไมงันหมดอารมณอานไปกอนแนๆ

เนือเรืองสืบสวนไมไดซับซอนอยางทีคิด คนรายเปนโรคจิต ทังๆทีนาจะเดาไดตังแตแรกแลววาคนทีมีสองบุคลิกแบบนีคือคนทีนาสงสัยทีสุด ปมของนางเอกกแลดูงงๆ อานแลวไมคอยเขาถึงเทาไร แตทีรูๆคือพระนางสปารคกันเรวมาก เจอกันไมเทาไร รูตัวอีกทีกไปอยูบนเตียงแลวซะงัน

การแกไขปัญหาหลายอยางในเรืองดูเหมือนจะงายไป อานแลวจึงเฉยๆ ไมไดรูสึกตืนเตนไปดวย มีแคชวงทีพร
Tina
Hmm, not sure what to think about this one. Sometimes I am in the mood for a real woman-in-jeopardy-menacing-killer suspense novel. Well, this isn't that. It is ostensibly a suspense novel but it read a bit lighter than, say, a Karen Rose. But that was o.k. actually. I read it in one sitting, almost and it was quick and enjoyable and Susan Andersen writes with a snappy wit.

This is my first Susan Andersen (but not the last) and only the second book set in the professional ice skating world I'd e
Julie Barrett
On Thin Ice by Susan Andersen
Sasha Miller was the Olympic medal skater. Her partner, Lonnie Morrison was just released from jail after 5 years for drugs. The cops were not able to charge her at all.
She had to leave the couples section and go back to singles and was on tour on the west coast with the winter ice folly shows.
At the same time the federal agency knows she did play a part and we keep an eye on her-the new manager is an agent.
She has a lot of secrets and finally confides in another s
Kamon SecondAccount
(3.8 ดาว ลบ 0.2 ดาวเพราะสำนวนแปลโบราณไมเขากับเรือง)

แนวรักปนสืบสวนเบาๆ ใชฉากฟิกเกอรสเกต อานสนุกอยางทีคิดไวตอนดูปกหลัง
เสียแตสำนวนแปลใชคำไดเกาเกิน
ตัวละคร--เพือนสนิทกัน คุยกันใชคำสุภาพเกินไป
เชน ขายยา กใชคำวา "จำหนายยา" คิด ใชคำวา "ตรึกตรอง" (นีคือในบทพูดนะ)
สะดุดหลายหนเพราะการใชคำไมเขากับยุคสมัย/ความสนิทของตัวละคร
Siân
Even when this book was written I couldn't say I was a fan of the Neanderthal male type. Mick was a dick and Sasha deserved better.
Nancy Anderson
Characters not as good as in Shadow Dance.
$3 from Dollar General.
Mysterious
Okay, but I like Andersen's romance novels better.
Jonetta
This was a light suspense story that kept my interest throughout. Sometimes Mick was a little too cave man aloha male and Sasha a little too perfect but it worked in the end. It wasn't tough to figure out whodunit but it didn't spoil my level of enjoyment. The story moved at a good pace with good dialogue and the right level of character development. Overall, it's a good story but not at the level of suspense that keeps me on the edge of my seat and speeds up my pulse rate.
Deb Krill
a little romance, a little mystery goes a long ways!! fun read!
Christine
I was initially going to give this 3 stars. The writing is pretty good, the characters are likeable, and there are mystery/suspense elements to keep the story moving along, and I have liked other works by this author.

However, I went with 2 stars. I got halfway through and just couldn't finish it. For some reason I never engaged with the characters; I just never cared enough about them to want to go all they way through to the end.
Jeanette
I made it to page 122. I really tried to finish this book, I really did. I gave it one star based off of what I've already read.
With that being said, I am still going to try to read another book by this author. I know not all books are perfect. I hope I can find one that makes up for this.
Nicola
This is a novel about figure skating. The author misspelled the word axel. (Tip: it's named after the first dude to compete the skill.) Some things are just unacceptable.

As a romance, I found On Thin Ice dull. As a murder mystery, I found it unconvincing. Major thumbs down.
I'd never heard of this author and actually found the book while searching for something else on the library catalogue. But it was a nice, light story and I felt it got better the farther into it I got. I'd read other novels by this author.
Renee
I liked this book, but it was predictable. By the 4th chapter you knew who was going to do what. I would recommend it for an easy read though.
Susan
Jaded DEA Mick undrcvr as mngr ice follies 2 chk if star Sasha invlvd w/drug sales, hr con frnd frm kidhood Lon, hr bst frnd Connie, crazy killr
Marianne
Genre, cop meets girl, falls in love. Usually, he doesn't want love and fights it. this time the cop says I love you first!
Janeiowa
Skaters...one thought to be into drugs.

This one just didn't live up to Andersen's usual style and content for me
Jenny Rebecca
I keep re-reading this book. You gotta love it. Great hero. Love the ice skating aspect. Lots of good tension.
Gamatst
I really liked 4 of the 5 Romantic Suspense books that Susan Andersen wrote and this is one of them!

Jenny
Not a fan of men who are so bossy and aggressive, if if he was the good guy.
Jacquie
Love how Susan let's you into the villains mind, creepy! Lol
Anita
RS real light. Good story and romance, mild suspense.
Donna
This was pretty good. Nice suspense, nice romance..
Anju Lakhansingh
Good book...enjoyed the strong women in this book!
Carrie
Entertaining, but with more telling than showing.
Lynn Calvin
Romance
Noel
Noel marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
  • Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel)
  • Dearly Beloved
  • Ready
  • For Better or Hearse (Annabelle Archer, #2)
  • Off Limits
  • Dangerous Deception (The Protectors, #27)
  • Lord of Midnight (Dark Champion, #4)
  • Diamond Bay (Kell Sabin, #2)
  • Lady Margery's Intrigue (Regency Royal, #4)
  • Fair is the Rose
  • Kiss the Girl
  • Drive Me Wild
  • To Trust A Stranger/Whispers At Midnight
  • House of Glass
  • Infamous
  • White Heat (T-FLAC, #11)
  • Looking for Lacey
  • My Pleasure (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #2)
I grew up in a household with two brothers, a daddy, and my grandfather. Too many men, in other words. They diluted M'ma's influence by diverting my attention to things like the danger of answering nature's call in the dead of the night. I've got a hint for those of you raised in a less spit-and-scratch world: check before you sit, because chances are that seat is gonna be up. And they don't even ...more
More about Susan Andersen...
Playing Dirty (Sisterhood Diaries, #3) Baby, I'm Yours Burning Up Cutting Loose (Sisterhood Diaries, #1) Bending the Rules (Sisterhood Diaries, #2)