Start by marking “First Contact (Digital Science Fiction Anthology, #1)” as Want to Read:
First Contact (Digital Science Fiction Anthology, #1)

First Contact (Digital Science Fiction Anthology #1)

First Contact - Digital Science Fiction Anthology 1 is an anthology of original science fiction short stories from professional writers. We are pleased to present in this introductory anthology edition a rich range of compelling stories from established authors. First Contact includes science fiction short stories by Ian Creasey, Ed Greenwood, Ken Liu, Jennifer R. Povey, R ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by Gseb Marketing Inc.

To ask other readers questions about First Contact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Contact

Laurie
May 22, 2017 Laurie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't care for short stories but this was a free kindle book so i tried it out. a few of the stories were quite good and some weren't or maybe I just didn't "get" them.
Josh
Jan 25, 2012 Josh rated it really liked it
First Contact is a compilation of short science fiction stories, the authors of which were the winners of the first Digital Science Fiction writing contest. The works of ten authors are included in this compilation:

• Ian Creasey
• Jessi Rita Hoffman
• Kenneth Schneyer
• David Tallerman
• Curtis James McConnell

Digital Science Fiction uses a fairly loose definition of science fiction to guide the writers towards the en
John
Jul 15, 2012 John rated it liked it

Maybe 2.5 stars. I got this free from my Amazon Prime lending library, and it was an enjoyable collection of short stories. Overall, I found the story topics and treatment surpassed my expectations from the title; it wasn't 10 different Star Trek-like explorations of strange new worlds, but a varied rethinking of the ideas of contact, in a variety of sci-fi and fantasy settings. Honestly, I probably wouldn't pay for it, but I'll definitely look at any of the other anthologies that I can snag fr
Gilbert Baron
Feb 15, 2015 Gilbert Baron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great science fiction stories

This book I had a long time before I got to it. I wish there were more like it. Black Sun was the only one that seemed to drag but maybe others would like it. It is really great to have this type of volume that you can read continuously or one at a time. It is well worth the price.of $4.99
Pruitt
These Science Fiction anthologies from Digital Science Fiction are rapidly becoming a favorite of mine. This is the first one I read, and have since read a second, and both have had some really good stories in them. I highly recommend these to anyone who enjoys good speculative fiction.
Paul
Jul 06, 2011 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great first start can't wait to read more!
David Richardson
Like any collection, some were outstanding, some were good, and a couple not-so-hot-so. Overall worth your time if you are a science fiction fan.
Colin Jackson
May 19, 2013 Colin Jackson rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
A number of good Sci-Fi short stories here. I particularly liked "Pop Quiz" by Curtis James McConnell - the punch line is worth the read.
Ronald Turner
Stories cropped short.

The stories ere well written, engaging, but just as I was starting to identify with characters, the stories ended. These would do well with a longer length.
Terry
Aug 06, 2016 Terry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Combined the review of this with "Hooey"" of Digital Science Fiction Anthology.
Steven Piet
Aug 04, 2016 Steven Piet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice stories

Someday I will right stories as s retraining as these. Nice endings that I could savor. Different from the classic human - alien plots.
Lynnet
Lynnet rated it did not like it
Apr 11, 2016
Garth Smitman
Garth Smitman rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Nathan Rogers
Nathan Rogers rated it liked it
May 17, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Kathy Gill
Kathy Gill rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2015
James Adams
James Adams rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2014
Camilla
Camilla rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Greg Wise
Greg Wise rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
Kent Gallagher
Kent Gallagher rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Thomas Merrick
Thomas Merrick rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Cris Seybold
Cris Seybold rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Kert
Kert rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2014
Jay
Jay rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Steve Scanlan
Steve Scanlan rated it it was ok
Jun 01, 2013
Alton ONeal Jr
Alton ONeal Jr rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2016
Mark balson
Mark balson rated it liked it
May 18, 2013
Stephen Arditi
Stephen Arditi rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Michael Bray
Michael Bray rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Digital Science Fiction Anthology (4 books)
  • Therefore I Am (Digital Science Fiction Anthology, #2)
  • Pressure Suite (Digital Science Fiction Anthology, #3)
  • Heir Apparent (Digital Science Fiction Anthology, #4)

“His voice seems to resonate from everywhere.” 0 likes