Start by marking “The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 1: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion” as Want to Read:

The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 1: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion #4)

4.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  104,131 Ratings  ·  122 Reviews
With supernatural effects and surprising fluidity, acclaimed director Bill Condon brings Breaking Dawn, the last installment in Stephenie Meyer's romantic and fascinating Twilight Saga, to the big screen. Mark Cotta Vaz, acclaimed New York Times bestselling author, leads fans on an exclusive back-stage tour of the making of the film, the writing of the screenplay, the exot ...more
Published December 13th 2011 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 1, please sign up.

KyLee Arensmeyer I get in my bed sit on my pillows read against my bed board on the top I don't know what it's called. Or I go to the quietest place in my palace

Holly Noelle
Bella
Feb 28, 2013 Bella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jadeyn C.
Sep 10, 2012 Jadeyn C. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you have to think would you be human and marry a vampire or be a vampire and marry another vampire.Well that's the situation Bella is in.As Bella was to get ready for her wedding Jacob her friend that was a wolf had met up with her.Bella had to choose if she wanted to be a warm blooded human or a cold blooded vampire she had a chance to have a baby but a good chance she could also die.

I think a connection between the book and another book would be twilight the first book because in b
(9 3/4) Gerasimos Kyritsis
Full with beautiful photos, illustrations, information, interviews and details about how the story got transferred from the page to the big screen! It brought to me the exact same feelings that I had while I was reading the book and I was watching the movie for the first time. Twilight Saga is a book series that will stay in my heart forever, there is no doubt about that. If you are a fan of the books and the movies, this is a must have.
Abi Holligan
Dec 18, 2011 Abi Holligan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Great companion book to the movie, there are some excellent pictures in there, never before seen such as kristen stewart getting made up for her pregnancy scenes and showing her stand in which was a full sized doll of her looking terrible.
Interview with Stephenie Meyer is also in there along with, tid bits from directors, producers and other people.
Jan 02, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Before reading this, I saw Breaking Dawn in the theaters twice and when I went to see it for the third time with my mom, I found myself noticing special effects I learned from the book! I've collected all the other three movie companions and thoroughly enjoyed each one of them. It was interesting to learn how the makeup effects worked to make Bella look as gaunt and weak as she did in the movie when the baby was consuming all of Bella's essential nutrients. Props to everyone t ...more
Nikki
Feb 05, 2012 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love learning about the things that go on behind the scenes and this series of books is great for giving you the inside view of what the directors and writers are doing.
Kenzie Paige
Feb 20, 2014 Kenzie Paige rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How do I read on this?please help me if your reading this I would really appreciate that thank you(:
Hannah Rush
Even more than the other two books, I just love the pictures! They are beautiful and well taken. The angles are good. Some of my favorites are: the wedding, while Bellas' pregnant and Edward and Carlisle are by her side, and the pictures showing how they made Bella look skinny and sickly. Really I just love them all!
I really enjoyed reading Stephenie Meyers' (the author) views on the movie and what it was like being a part of it all. I really hope she writes more for the Twilight Saga one day.
Sonia Leyva
Nov 19, 2013 Sonia Leyva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like romantic adventures mixed with the supernatural, then you should read the fourth novel of The Twilight Saga("Breaking Dawn part 1") written by Stephenie Meyer and narrated by Bella Swan and Jacob Black.This adventure will take you to another world and you will not want to leave there.
In my opinion, this book is really good and different from other books I have read.When you're reading, in your mind you create and live things that you wont live in reality, you can feel those things
Narmitha
Mar 31, 2012 Narmitha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-for-april
When i saw this book at wal mart the other day, i knew i had to pick it up and sit on the garden swings they has displayed and read it. This book was the closest thing to the movie (since i had not seen the movie at that time. And it was AMAZING!!!! By far, the best twilight saga companion book ever! So basically, in this book, just like the other twilight companion books, they showed everything. From the wedding, to the honey moon, to the birth, even to the fight scene between the werewolves an ...more
Azinchan
Like it alot but I guess it wasn't as great as the other series...
seriously I prefer the other series more, and 1 warning,
this part might not be suitable for people under14 years old....that's why i prefer the other series more:P
LoL
Also i should say that the ending was great^^
Camari Reddicks
This book was very good it excite me with a lot of concrete evidence which I didn't expected at all. Specially with Taylor he seemed scary to me with his creepy vampire tangs to attack Edward.
Rebekah
I always really enjoy the companions. The amount of work and thought on the movies amazes me and makes me want to watch the movies again. Honestly though sometimes it seems crazy how much money and effort goes into entertainment, but anyway.... It can be tricky getting through the technical pre-viz and construction parts but still I think it would a lot of fun to work behind the scenes.

In the case of Breaking Dawn, the story is in two movies that were filmed simultaneously, so many references a
KyLee Arensmeyer
Sarah Lewis
The books are great for young teenagers! However, the movies were not as good as one would hope-as usual- so give them a chance if you only saw the movie and thought it wasn't worth it.
Chocolate
It isn't one of my favorites, though it was when I read it. (C'mon, I was twelve). I have to say it isn't bad and actually I think it's better than the second or third book. :)
Nicole Chagra
Jul 18, 2016 Nicole Chagra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Parte de la colección y que me recuerda lo fanática que fui de Twilight.
Elham
Dec 29, 2015 Elham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: twilight
This is the best book I've ever read in ma ENTIRE life!!!
Dovile
Nov 15, 2012 Dovile rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keepers
*some spoilers for Twilight Saga ahead*

There's almost everything that you might want to know about Breaking Dawn: Part 1 movie, and even a few tidbits about Part 2, as they were filmed simultaneously. A lot of great photos, even more than in previous companions.

The only thing that I think would have been great if it were included in this book are some design sketches of Bella's wedding dress, maybe a few other costumes and also of Bella's comb. I also missed any mention of the wedding rings, wh
Sara
Apr 08, 2014 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sara-s-fav-books
Love the movie but not really the book
Johnae' Roussell
This book was a romantic and filled with drama. This book is about a vampire(Edward) and a human(Bella) that have just gotten married and when they go to their honeymoon they get a surprise and there honeymoon ends quickly.
I really enjoyed this book because it had me on the edge of my seat the whole entire time. I believe that this book is for mature ages only because of the violence and detailed scenes in the book. I would defnitely recommend this book to teenagers all over the world, because t
Aalyiah harrell
Mar 10, 2016 Aalyiah harrell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They are so in love
Jen Book Nook
Jul 06, 2015 Jen Book Nook rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: companion-books
** 4.5 stars **

This was really good. I particularly liked the interviews with the cast and Stephenie Meyer and there were some funny and interesting anecdotes about the wardrobe and the challenges with the weather. I also liked finding out how some of my favourite locations in the books were created for the movie.
Like with the other movie companions, I skimmed over the parts about the wolves because I just don't find that interesting at all.
Puteri Noor
Apr 25, 2015 Puteri Noor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
i love this book
Nowshin Hussain
Dec 27, 2014 Nowshin Hussain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
speechless
Deborah
Mar 15, 2015 Deborah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fab
Kristin
+ The make-up effects to make Kristen look sick were awesome and looked so realistic. The body puppet freaked me out because it looked exactly like her, but 30 pounds lighter with bones protruding everywhere! ah
+ I loved reading about the wedding and honeymoon!
- The sections about the wolves, filming, and fighting scenes seemed to be very similar to the other 3 movie companions...I am getting tired of reading the same thing!
Gotta
Mar 11, 2012 Gotta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TS Movie Companions are still fun to read. Beautiful pictures, interesting facts and additional stuff on production, thoughts of collaborators.
Still, what I miss the most: some short interviews (or longer ones) with cast about filming that wasn't asked already in the tons of interviews they already made.
That would have been great and a start of a nice good-bye for the Saga.
Perhaps in P2 movie companion :)
book or movie? 7 14 Jan 12, 2015 02:25PM
A legitimate question 1 7 Jul 13, 2013 08:00AM
The attraction of Bella 2 6 May 31, 2013 08:46PM
Grown up Twi-hards!: Dreams 8 9 Apr 25, 2013 06:44PM
robert and kristen 2 8 Sep 13, 2012 07:11AM
Shut Up & Read: * Post - Breaking Dawn Movie Discussion!* 22 37 Dec 17, 2011 01:41PM
  • Twilight and Philosophy: Vampires, Vegetarians, and the Pursuit of Immortality
  • Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2  (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • The Hunger Games Tribute Guide
  • The Hunger Games: Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • Twilight Director's Notebook : The Story of How We Made the Movie Based on the Novel by Stephenie Meyer
  • Vampire Academy Box Set (Vampire Academy, #1-4)
  • The Immortals Boxed Set (The Immortals, #1-3)
  • Marked / Betrayed / Chosen / Untamed / Hunted (House of Night #1-5)
  • Night World: The Ultimate Fan Guide
  • The Twilight Companion: The Unauthorized Guide to the Series
  • Twilight and History
  • The Morganville Vampires, Volume 3 (The Morganville Vampires, #5-6)
  • Vampire Academy: The Ultimate Guide (Vampire Academy)
  • The Ripper (The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries, #4)
  • Love You to Death: The Unofficial Companion to the Vampire Diaries
  • The Twilight Saga: The Complete Film Archive: Memories, Mementos, and Other Treasures from the Creative Team Behind the Beloved Motion Pictures
  • The Girl Who Was on Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy
  • Sookie Stackhouse 7-copy Boxed Set (Sookie Stackhouse, #1-7)
61939
Mark Cotta Vaz is the author of over twenty-one books, including four New York Times bestsellers. His recent works include Mythic Vision: The Making of Eragon, The Spirit: The Movie Visual Companion, and the biography Living Dangerously: The Adventures of Merian C. Cooper, Creator of King Kong, which was a Los Angeles Times bestseller.
More about Mark Cotta Vaz...

The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion (4 books)
  • Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion
  • New Moon: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #2)
  • Eclipse: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #3)