Start by marking “Too Hot for TV” as Want to Read:
Too Hot for TV

Too Hot for TV

Her Fantasy And His Reality. . .

Classically trained actress Imani Gilliam is gifted, beautiful—and broke. Facing eviction, her only hope of staying afloat is to do the reality TV show, "Let's Get Married." The show pairs up single strangers, and viewers vote for who should be united in wedded bliss. Imani is only looking to be united with a paycheck—until she locks eyes wi
Published September 6th 2011 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Too Hot for TV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Hot for TV

Kim
Sep 10, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a realy well written romance. Imani was a trip from the very beginning with her no nonsense attitude. She had some mouth on her, but was so beautiful that men literally fell at her feet, and Raymond was her polar opposite. A do good doctor who cares more about helping others at his clinic rather than being a wealthy doctor. Even they were total opposites they meshed well together because they had similar values. The chemistry between Imani and Raymond was sizzling hot from their very fi ...more
Kathy
Aug 14, 2011 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As usual I love Cheris's books. This was the story of Imani (actress) and Ramond (dr.) who had been accepted on a reality tv show in hopes of winning the $1 million prize. Imani wanted to get air time and Raymond wanted the money for his neighborhood clinic in Harlem. Little did the know that they would actual end of falling in Love. Nice little story. Then again everything that I have read by Cheris I have enjoyed immensely.
Rebecca
Aug 05, 2015 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

My first time reading Cheris Hodges and this was a great pick. Loved Imani and Raymond. They were such a cute couple that I was happy had found each other. I would highly recommend this book if you love a good romance.
Nicole Falls
All the elements I like in my romance reading. Intriguing stoory line, dynamic characters & steamy you know what! Cheris Hodges has done it again. ^__^
Judy Hubbard
Aug 16, 2011 Judy Hubbard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raymond Thomas is a doctor of a free clinic in Harlem and Imani Gilliam is an aspiring actress looking for her big break. Both are talked into doing a reality TV show (Ray to raise money for his clinic, which is struggling and Imani for exposure she’s hoping will lead to acting offers). Neither is looking for nor do they expect to find romance or love while shooting the “Let’s Get Married” show in Hawaii—but, of course, that’s what they both find! As a result of the show, both get what they want ...more
Carmen Blalock
Jan 09, 2013 Carmen Blalock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyday we dream of what our lives would be like if we could have the job of jobs - financial stability, worry-free life, prestige and notability. How would you handle life if you got the dream job AND the man of your dreams, is that too good to be true?

Imani Gilliam is a beautiful woman and an actress who can't seem to find the right role to fit her style, whatever that is. Imani has starred in one movie that was a horrible blemish on her already non-existent resume of acting credits and if sh
Loretta
Apr 11, 2013 Loretta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imani Gilliam struggled in New York to become an actress. With one mediocre film under her belt, things weren't coming together as planned. Stardom was only one role away, but with an eviction notice surfacing, could she find that lucky break?

Dr. Raymond Thomas: Handsome, eligible and hard-working wanted love but in the right way. He had the credentials in front of his name, but when it came to running a clinic, ladies seemed to avoid his vision of success.

It's not until a reality television sho
Teaguem2005
Aug 17, 2012 Teaguem2005 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me preface by admitting that Cheris is one of my favorite romance writers so I may be slightly biased. Too Hot for TV is a really good story that utilizes current references to people, places, & things in pop culture. Our main characters are Imani the actress & Raymond the doctor. They meet in their hometown of NY but end up getting acquainted in Hawaii where they are taping a reality show. Each has their own reason for doing the show and both are there because someone else pushed th ...more
Erica
This was a very easy read and I finished it in one evening. Very interesting premise…reminded me a lot of that old show Temptation Island with a little Survivor rolled in. At first I didn’t really care for Imani at all until she finally just broke down the wall and admitted to herself that she was head over heels in love with Raymond. Then I started to be a fan…more concerned for him and others than her career. And him…I halfway expected him to throw a fit when she was going to be gone filming b ...more
Angelia
Sep 16, 2011 Angelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually have almost all of Cheris's books but I have not read any of them so to say that is the first book I have read by her.....It was a GREAT read....Loved the chemistry between Imani and Raymond...Didn't care for the ending cause you just turn the page and that was the end....hopefully the story will be continued.....
Shawnette
Nov 03, 2011 Shawnette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this might be my FAVORITE by this author so far...and I've read at least 4 of her books...I LOVE the way Raymond and Imani take care of each other...and the chemistry between them is SIZZLING.
Claudia
Mar 12, 2012 Claudia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written story, with well written character's, interesting plot. Raymond and Imani were attracted to one another from first glance, then Ray saves her life from a runaway car, later that same day.
Great Read,
Katie
Aug 16, 2012 Katie marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Oh yeah, contemporary romance is hard. :( Picked the book up because I loved the premise, but giving up on it before 50 pages. I can't with both of the main characters sooooo hot and rather arrogant.

Part of me wants to keep pushing through because, yeah, super-into the premise, but . . . I can't.
Jennifer Winston
Jul 02, 2015 Jennifer Winston rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good

Started off kind of slow, but picked up rather nicely. This was my first read by Ms Hodges. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Kimberlee
Jun 26, 2013 Kimberlee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. Imani and Raymond made you feel like you were apart of their lives. I can see this book having a sequel or even a spinoff with Raymond's brother.
Wminbc
Oct 07, 2011 Wminbc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon to www.nocturnereads.com

Free book in my bundle last month...so far quite good...
Angela
Sep 03, 2016 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The wait for them to get together is what kept your attention. After they get together, it's hot but kind of falls off.
Chakeira
Chakeira rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2012
Lauren Williams
Lauren Williams rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Linda Braxton
Linda Braxton rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Gloria Kendrick
Gloria Kendrick rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Latasha
Latasha rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Marshel
Marshel rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2013
Mia Geyen
Mia Geyen rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Edwina Ackie
Edwina Ackie rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2012
Shandrie Daniel
Shandrie Daniel rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Nikkie
Nikkie rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2015
Theresa
Theresa rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2013
Abigail
Abigail rated it did not like it
Jun 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Love On the Run
  • Cross My Heart (Coles Family, #2)
  • A Guilty Affair
  • When Valentines Collide
  • In Her Neighbor's Bed
  • Winter Kisses
  • Campaign for Seduction (Secrets and Lies, #3)
  • Sizzling Seduction
  • Hot Like Fire
  • A Lover's Pretense (The Ramseys, #2)
  • To Love A Stallion
Cheris Hodges was bitten by the writing bug at an early age and always knew she wanted to be a writer. She is a 1999 graduate of Johnson C. Smith University and a freelance writer in Charlotte, North Carolina. A native of Bennettsville, South Carolina, Cheris loves hearing from her readers.
More about Cheris Hodges...