Start by marking “Too Hot for TV” as Want to Read:
Too Hot for TV

Too Hot for TV

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Her Fantasy And His Reality. . .Classically trained actress Imani Gilliam is gifted, beautiful-and broke. Facing eviction, her only hope of staying afloat is to do the reality TV show, "Let's Get Married." The show pairs up single strangers, and viewers vote for who should be united in wedded bliss. Imani is only looking to be united with a paycheck-until she locks eyes wi ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Too Hot for TV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Hot for TV

Kim
This was a realy well written romance. Imani was a trip from the very beginning with her no nonsense attitude. She had some mouth on her, but was so beautiful that men literally fell at her feet, and Raymond was her polar opposite. A do good doctor who cares more about helping others at his clinic rather than being a wealthy doctor. Even they were total opposites they meshed well together because they had similar values. The chemistry between Imani and Raymond was sizzling hot from their very fi ...more
Kathy
As usual I love Cheris's books. This was the story of Imani (actress) and Ramond (dr.) who had been accepted on a reality tv show in hopes of winning the $1 million prize. Imani wanted to get air time and Raymond wanted the money for his neighborhood clinic in Harlem. Little did the know that they would actual end of falling in Love. Nice little story. Then again everything that I have read by Cheris I have enjoyed immensely.
Jeanette Nicole
All the elements I like in my romance reading. Intriguing stoory line, dynamic characters & steamy you know what! Cheris Hodges has done it again. ^__^
Carmen Blalock
Everyday we dream of what our lives would be like if we could have the job of jobs - financial stability, worry-free life, prestige and notability. How would you handle life if you got the dream job AND the man of your dreams, is that too good to be true?

Imani Gilliam is a beautiful woman and an actress who can't seem to find the right role to fit her style, whatever that is. Imani has starred in one movie that was a horrible blemish on her already non-existent resume of acting credits and if sh
Judy Hubbard
Raymond Thomas is a doctor of a free clinic in Harlem and Imani Gilliam is an aspiring actress looking for her big break. Both are talked into doing a reality TV show (Ray to raise money for his clinic, which is struggling and Imani for exposure she’s hoping will lead to acting offers). Neither is looking for nor do they expect to find romance or love while shooting the “Let’s Get Married” show in Hawaii—but, of course, that’s what they both find! As a result of the show, both get what they want ...more
Loretta
Imani Gilliam struggled in New York to become an actress. With one mediocre film under her belt, things weren't coming together as planned. Stardom was only one role away, but with an eviction notice surfacing, could she find that lucky break?

Dr. Raymond Thomas: Handsome, eligible and hard-working wanted love but in the right way. He had the credentials in front of his name, but when it came to running a clinic, ladies seemed to avoid his vision of success.

It's not until a reality television sho
Teaguem2005
Let me preface by admitting that Cheris is one of my favorite romance writers so I may be slightly biased. Too Hot for TV is a really good story that utilizes current references to people, places, & things in pop culture. Our main characters are Imani the actress & Raymond the doctor. They meet in their hometown of NY but end up getting acquainted in Hawaii where they are taping a reality show. Each has their own reason for doing the show and both are there because someone else pushed th ...more
Erica
This was a very easy read and I finished it in one evening. Very interesting premise…reminded me a lot of that old show Temptation Island with a little Survivor rolled in. At first I didn’t really care for Imani at all until she finally just broke down the wall and admitted to herself that she was head over heels in love with Raymond. Then I started to be a fan…more concerned for him and others than her career. And him…I halfway expected him to throw a fit when she was going to be gone filming b ...more
Linda
What fun to read. Not really a fan of romance, but this was OK!
Angelia
I actually have almost all of Cheris's books but I have not read any of them so to say that is the first book I have read by her.....It was a GREAT read....Loved the chemistry between Imani and Raymond...Didn't care for the ending cause you just turn the page and that was the end....hopefully the story will be continued.....
Katie
Aug 19, 2012 Katie marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Oh yeah, contemporary romance is hard. :( Picked the book up because I loved the premise, but giving up on it before 50 pages. I can't with both of the main characters sooooo hot and rather arrogant.

Part of me wants to keep pushing through because, yeah, super-into the premise, but . . . I can't.
Claudia
Well written story, with well written character's, interesting plot. Raymond and Imani were attracted to one another from first glance, then Ray saves her life from a runaway car, later that same day.
Great Read,
Shawnette
I think this might be my FAVORITE by this author so far...and I've read at least 4 of her books...I LOVE the way Raymond and Imani take care of each other...and the chemistry between them is SIZZLING.
Kimberlee
I really enjoyed this story. Imani and Raymond made you feel like you were apart of their lives. I can see this book having a sequel or even a spinoff with Raymond's brother.
Wminbc
Review coming soon to www.nocturnereads.com

Free book in my bundle last month...so far quite good...
Michele Grant
That was a fun read. Really enjoyable. Like truffles and red wine.
Edwina Putney
Edwina Putney marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Jen.blink13
Jen.blink13 marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
You've Sparkles
You've Sparkles marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Cheris Hodges was bitten by the writing bug at an early age and always knew she wanted to be a writer. She is a 1999 graduate of Johnson C. Smith University and a freelance writer in Charlotte, North Carolina. A native of Bennettsville, South Carolina, Cheris loves hearing from her readers.
More about Cheris Hodges...
No Other Lover Will Do More Than He Can Handle Let's Get It On His Sexy Bad Habit Betting On Love