Start by marking “Eyes of the Seer (The Vampire Flynn, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eyes of the Seer (The Vampire Flynn, #1)

Eyes of the Seer (The Vampire Flynn #1)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  19 reviews
It all started with a murder. Two victims lay dead at the hands of Peter Dawes, but what laid in wait for him was not the sound of sirens or the banging of a gavel. It would turn a doctor into a killer and a man into a monster.

Follow Peter as he exchanges his blood-stained clothing for tailored suits, his scalpel for fine-crafted daggers, and is reinvented as the newest va
Kindle Edition
Published May 28th 2011 by Crimson Melodies (first published June 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Eyes of the Seer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eyes of the Seer

Linda Ulleseit
I was fascinated by the twisting psyche of Peter/Flynn. Whether good or evil, healer or killer, the author managed to put me in the character's head and understand his motivation. I rooted for him no matter what he was doing. The twists in the plot and the supporting characters enhanced the experience. Good read even for non-vampire fans.
Seregon O'Dassey
*warning: may contain spoilers*

I bought this at Philly Comic Con and I had a hard time putting it down at first, then I had a hard time picking it back up.

Peter Dawes, a doctor in Philadelphia, comes home to find his girlfriend cheating and proceeds to murder them both. Instead of just flipping out in anger and breaking up, the guy - who let me remind you is a doctor (someone who's supposed to SAVE lives) murders them both, blaming her.. That evening while he begins his run from the au
Jessica Fortunato
Eyes Of The Seer,by Peter Dawes (A pen name I assure you) surprised me, not because it was trying to recreate mythos, but because it embraced it.

I grappled with the star system because whereas the beginning of the story dragged a big, it MORE than compensated in the second half.

Here is the 411. Peter Dawes is an ordinary man living an ordinary life. The story begins with a murder. Two people are dead at Peter's own hands, and these deaths were NOT an accident.

From the scene of his transgressions
RaeBeth
Eyes of the Seer by Peter Dawes takes you on a journey in the supernatural world with twists and turns one won't expect. It's not the typical journey one would read about vampires. Tension is built and continues throughout the entire book. This is one I just couldn't put down.

Flynn, the main character, battles himself throughout the journey as well as those who he encounters. The main character's mortal name is that of the author which only adds to the mystery within the book.

I would definitely
Fairyblood
Absolutely loved this story. As a long time fan of vampire stories, I thoroughly enjoyed delving into the mind of Peter Dawes the "Dark Killer". The mystery of his true self unravels amist his climb to power as the most feared assassin. Probably not since Anne Rice have I felt like I have bathed in such a deliciously complex character. I recommend this book to any true lover of classic vampires and look forward to reading the rest of the trilogy.
Masquerade Crew
REVIEWED BY SARAI

I have to admit it has been 2 weeks since I finished this book and I am still uncertain as to what I think about it. It is one of those books that make you re-evaluate your thoughts on vampires. The simple fact that I am still thinking about this book says something. It is a violent, bloody, cussing, no moral hold book. Flynn is a vampire and he loves being a vampire, but not just a vampire he’s a trained killer who relishes his kills.

There are some twist and turns in this nove
Noree Cosper
The Good:

The Vampires: If you have read my blog (http://noreecosper.blogspot.com/2012/...) about vampires you know I am wanted to see vampires as monsters depicted in novels again. Or if they want to hold onto their humanity, I want to see a struggle. This book gives me both is spades. Though the vampire mythos is standard, because they are depicted as monsters makes it even better.

Voice/Writing Style: One word comes to mind: elegant. It flows so easily that my eyes devour the next sentence and
Erin
Ke-Yana Drake
To tell you the truth, I'm not much of a vampire reader, I read Eyes of the Seer for three reasons, 1. I've read some shorter fiction written by the author and enjoyed their writing voice, 2. the author is a friend, and 3. (embarrassingly enough) I adore the sword on the front of the book.

That said, I am very glad that I did read it. The characters are vivid and realistic, and thank goodness no weak, whiney or defanged vampires in sight. These are real vampires--real hunters with a lust for bloo
M.R. Graham
Seriously, what a head trip. It's not the kind of vampire literature I usually read (which, to put that in perspective, encompasses nothing written after 1900 - which is genre-appropriate, if nothing else), but I think I've added this trilogy to my Great Folio of Fangy Stuff.
The language in a few parts struck me as stilted, but not nearly enough so to make me put it down.
The psychological exploration of a bisected mind is fascinating stuff, just unbelievable enough to make it appropriate for a v
Sarai
Still not sure what I think of this book. I am still thinking about it so that could be a good sign.
Thomas Winship
In Eyes of the Seer, Peter Dawes introduces us to a new vampire and a new vampire series … yet both feel like old friends.

This isn’t a complaint. Dawes knows the classic vampire archetype and uses it to craft a tale that manages to be both timeless and refreshing at the same time. Flynn is, in many ways, the quintessential vampire. He’s a ruthless, heartless, soulless killing machine … but there’s still something endearing about him. Even while he’s sinking deeper and deeper into depravity, one
A Book Vacation

This was another book with an interesting concept, but I feel like it fell short of hitting its mark. It wasn't a bad read, don’t get me wrong, but it felt like the story took a very long time to transpire. Peter Dawes automatically captures the reader’s attention as he explains how he came to be a vampire—the cold blooded murders he commits are intense and Peter quickly sets the scene for a read that seems like it will be fast paced and incredibly intriguing. But, once Peter becomes a
Heather
I've read almost every incarnation of this book, from the rough draft all the way up to its current version. Peter has a confident style that's easy and comfortable to read, but also poetic and detailed enough to really draw you into his personality and his tale. Yes, it's a story of a vampire! But more than that, it's a story of humanity lost, found, and the shades of gray between. Everyone's got their quirks, their ways of being, and draw their own moral lines. In that setting, a massive plot ...more
Milan
Guess there really is a first time for everything.

For the first time a book I read based on Goodreads reviews has dissapointed me completely.

I barely managed to finish it.

There's too much I didn't like for me to list it now, but I was extremely surprised after I read all the positive reviews about this book how much it didn't sit well with me.

Judy Bayberry
Awesome storyline. I became fond of the characters even when they weren't so nice. Some parts fdrug a bit and seemed redundant. Overall a very exciting book.
Karen
I liked it! I like Mr Dawes's writing style, I like his way of expressing what Flynn is thinking; and even when Flynn was being his evil bastard self he was still so likable - that impressed me. I am wary of vampire books now after the whole sparkle debacle, but this was definitely more old-school, and I can't wait to read the second in the series.
Rayne
I read this as a part of the Pandora Collection.
After a very slow start this book improved. The story line was well thought out but the delivery a little long unfolding. There are only a few books that have enjoyed that were written from a male POV - this would be one of them. Worth a read.
Javin
Javin marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Gwilym Meyrick
Gwilym Meyrick marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Bryce Ryan
Bryce Ryan marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Ivan
Ivan marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Shontelle Forte
Shontelle Forte marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Skyler
Skyler marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
TeAmNeRd ReViEwS: Author Peter Dawes 1 4 Aug 02, 2012 11:26AM
  • A Prescription for Delirium (Van Helsing Organization, #1)
  • Vaempires: Revolution (The Evolutionary War #1)
  • Pandora
  • Summoned (Summoned, #1)
  • Chance in Hell (Chance Lee, #1)
  • Four in the Morning
  • Demonspawn (Damned and Cursed, #1)
  • Red Moon Demon  (Demon Lord, #1)
  • The Medium (Liminality, #1)
  • On Unfaithful Wings (Icarus Fell, #1)
  • The Anti-Vampire Tale (The Anti-Vampire Tale, #1)
  • Bill The Vampire (The Tome of Bill, #1)
  • The Sin Collector (The Sin Collector, #1)
  • The Awakening (Bloodlines, #1)
  • Bad Blood: A Vampire Thriller
  • House of Shadows (The Breed Wars, #1)
  • Vampire Apocalypse: A World Torn Asunder
  • Balance (The Divine, #1)
Peter Dawes an author of dark fantasy, native to the Philadelphia, PA area and most known for The Vampire Flynn Series. While primarily a novelist, he has also contributed shorter works to several collections. His serial story, “A Maker and His Child” appears on the BloodTideZine website and short “Lost Highway” has been featured in the Nocturnal Embers anthology, by micro-press Crimson Melodies. ...more
More about Peter W. Dawes...
Rebirth of the Seer A Vampire's Game Fate of the Seer (The Vampire Flynn, #3) Pandora Red Phone Box: A Darkly Magical Story Cycle