Start by marking “Sticky Fingers (A Roxy Abruzzo Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Sticky Fingers (A Roxy Abruzzo Mystery #2)

Sticky Fingers (Roxy Abruzzo #2)

Roxy Abruzzohas to be careful to stay one step ahead of trouble—especially now that a limited cash flow has her collecting debts for her uncle Carmine, one of the last old-time Mob bosses in Pittsburgh.With her daughter’s college tuition to pay, Roxy can almost convince herself that the jobs aren’t illegal.

But when Carmine’s consigliere offers Roxy a contract to kidnap s

Published February 14th 2012 by Minotaur Books (first published March 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sticky Fingers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sticky Fingers

Kristin
Apr 12, 2011 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, comedy
This was the 2nd book in this series. In some ways it was a lot better. She's toned down the language, the main character isn't jumping into bed with everyone, and her character has grown. I like all the characters in these books although I think I might cry if Flynn isn't in the next one.

If you're a fan of Stephanie Plum, you might like this series even more. It has heart.
Toni
Jun 14, 2011 Toni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this as a gift and I was glad that I did since I was not that happy with the first in this series and probably would not have picked this up. In the second book, Roxy is much more likeable and the secondary characters are more finely drawn. I find it interesting because it takes place in my home town,Pittsburgh,and I get a kick out of the local references. I can't call it a great book or great literature or even great writing but it makes you laugh and keeps you interested.I did like ...more
Nancy
Aug 06, 2011 Nancy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like the first book in this series but I liked this one even more. In the first book, "Foxy Roxy", I wasn't sure if I liked any of the characters; sorta but not quite. In this book, they're not much nicer but I liked them better. In this book, they seemed to like each other better. Anyway, it was funny with lots of interesting characters moving through. It has some resemblence to the Stephanie Plum serier but not enough to feel "read that before". However, the "neighborhood' and the "re ...more
Sara
A fun read about a single mother in Pittsburgh whose architectural salvage business has slowed down. She entertains job offers from her "retired" uncle Carmine, a neighborhood boss. When he asks her to kidnap an old high school nemesis, she begs off and then discovers her rolled up in a carpet on the waterfront. A lively cast of characters keeps me turning those pages.
Lisa
Dec 01, 2011 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a funny story about a woman trying to find why someone was murdered and of course who did it. Very similar in style to the Janet Evanovich books since the main character has lots of men in her life, and trouble is her middle name. Plus, the story takes place in Pittsburgh, so it was great knowing exactly where Roxy was throughout the book.
Lbaker
When I began this book it seemed like a passable clone to the Janet Evanovich series, but as I read further into the book, the characters became more defined, more understandable and by the end they were quirky friends that I hope to meet again.

The mystery was not obvious, and there were twists enough to keep everything interesting.

Kwoomac

Am I supposed to like these people? This is the secomd book in a series (so far of two). While not necessary to read the first book, most of the back story is relayed there. Author does bring the reader up to speed. Maybe I would have liked them more if we had a history.

Roxy Abruzzo, is a local from Pittsburg. Locals are referred to as yinzers because I guess they say yinz instead of you. Possibly from you uns? She's in her mid 30's and has a teen age daughter, after a teen age pregnanc
Phyllis
May 20, 2011 Phyllis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Roxy Abruzzo is back and involved in another wacky mystery; she juggles the various people in her life like a master but with hilarious results.
The characters are fun and well drawn; the plot is clever and fast-paced.
Marjorie
I was given this book as a gift from someone who had read it and thought I would enjoy all the Pittsburgh area references ... since I am originally from there. And I did!
Miriam
Nov 19, 2015 Miriam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
This zany mystery will delight readers of cozy mysteries. Sticky Fingers features Roxy Abruzzo Architecture Salvager par excellance and her side-kick Nooch. When an archaeologist / museum curator at the Carnegie is kidnapped and then murdered, Roxy must know who did it, after all, she turned down the job! Interspersed with the murder investigation, Roxy teams up with Flynn, chef and father of her child, Sage, to rescue the daughter from bad dates and bad influences. kidnapping, murder, stalking, ...more
Nancy
Feb 07, 2012 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Oh, come on. It's a fun read!
Lisa
Jul 30, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Roxy turns down a kidnap-for-hire job from her crime boss uncle. The victim Clarice is a former high school rival of hers. When Clarice is found dead a few days later, thanks to her own “mother” issues, Roxy makes it her mission to solve the crime on behalf of the victim’s kids. This story had some twists and turns in it. My one real criticism of it (besides Roxy being an extremely raw character) is that for someone who is supposed to be intellectually disabled, her side-kick Nooch uses and unde ...more
Susan
Tough-talking Roxy Abruzzo will do a lot, but she draws the line at felonies. When she's asked to kidnap her old high school nemesis, she just says no--but someone else does snatch Clarice Crabtree. When Clarice's secrets start to come out, Roxy--a soft touch for kids--worries about the two teens involved in Clarice's life. As usual, she has an abused woman in one of her safe houses, her daughter Sage to get into college, and the rest of her family to consider. But this time around, she also mus ...more
Robert Scott
Roxy Abruzzo is pretty cool, but doesn't compare to Norah Blackbird in my opinion. Her family & associates may be as interesting as the Bb sisters, but are not as seamless. Will have better idea when have read the first book in this series. Still a lot of fun.
Jan
Jul 17, 2014 Jan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A rollicking bit of fun despite some very serious themes. Roxy and crew are a riot just waiting to burst forth from a rumbling Monster Truck. If you could condense them they'd be chaos in a can!
Fmorlan
Jan 03, 2014 Fmorlan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Roxy could give Stephanie Plum a run for her money. Roxy gets in more trouble without help. Sister Bob has issues at the library, Sage her daughter new boyfriend, Gino Martinelli is making her crazy, a jane doe hiding next door and a murder. She gets involved in the murder when she was asked to kidnap the victim. Her better judgement since it is against the law took over. She went to high school with the victim. She finds out the victim had two kids and two husbands. Very tricky situation. It al ...more
Debbie
Jun 05, 2015 Debbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This reminds me of the Stephanie Plum series with all the fun filled adventure and action. It was a quirky little mystery read that ends with hilarious results.
Karen
Jan 03, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in Nancy Martin's Roxy Abruzzo series, one of my favorites (and there are only two at this point!).

Roxy wants her daughter to go to college. To that end, she's agreed to do small jobs for her crime-boss uncle. One of those jobs involves kidnapping an old nemesis. Roxy won't do it. In fact, she goes to warn the woman, who goes missing during her visit.

Once again, we are treated to Roxy's world as she tries to stay a step ahead of the cops who've fingered her for the crime,
Jean
Similar to Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, but the main character seems to want people to see her good side and ignore her foibles. Hard to do.
Heidi Boyd
Aug 30, 2016 Heidi Boyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ballsy female protagonist, reminiscent of Evanovich's Stephanie Plum character.
Pamela
Feb 05, 2016 Pamela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Better than the last in this series but still cannot compete with the"Blackbirds"
Viccy
Jun 06, 2011 Viccy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-fiction
Roxy Abruzzo tries to stay out of her Uncle Carmine's business, but the money is good and life in the architectural salvage business is hard. Roxy's daughter, Sage, is trying to figure out where she wants to go to college; Roxy is trying to figure out what to do with Flynn, Sage's father, who is back in their lives, and then Clarice Clearwater is killed, after Roxy turns down an offer by Uncle Carmine to kidnap her. With her sidekick, Nooch, and her pitbull, Rooney, Roxy tries to stay one step a ...more
Joan Horkey
Dec 14, 2015 Joan Horkey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nancy Martin's books are funny and creative. Very enjoyable
Victoria
Not bad for a Book Exchange find.
❂ Jennifer
May 18, 2011 ❂ Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
While I definitely prefer her Blackbird sisters mysteries, I have to say this one, while far more explicit and blue-collar, still has it's charms for me. The characters are interesting and engaging even with the myriad of problems and addictions. The mystery was very well written and the author managed to keep me from figuring out who the culprit(s) was until she wanted me to find out. If I had my choice, I'd ask Ms. Martin to go back to the Blackbirds, but if she keeps writing about Roxy, I'll ...more
PWRL
May 15, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Marla
May 18, 2012 Marla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was better than the first book. You got to know a little more of the characters and the relationships. The first book Roxy was just kind of scattered and all over the place, kind of on a destructive course. But this one was face paced and enjoyable. I like that she is tough and doesn't let things depress her. I look forward to reading the next installment if there is one.
JDAZDesigns
Jan 20, 2012 JDAZDesigns rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why four stars? Because there's a total of five available. I'd really like one to four stars, then I'd rate it a three. But y'know, Nancy's back to her robust characterizations in this series. And it's the characters that make one want to finish a book.

What happens next?
georgia
Oct 04, 2012 georgia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
this woman's character is like Stephanie plum, only there are not cars blown up or the humor of granny. she is a sew addict, trying to recover her past, so much drama happens. i was exhausted half way through the book.
Ashley Price
I was quite disappointed with the ending. I felt like there was so much buildup in the beginning but she did not explain the who, what, and especially the why very well in the end.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #39 - Sticky Fingers 1 1 Jun 28, 2013 07:46AM
  • Sex, Lies, and Snickerdoodles (Working Stiffs Mystery, #2)
  • Bones of a Feather (Sarah Booth Delaney, #11)
  • Skating Over the Line (Rebecca Robbins, #2)
  • Top O' the Mournin' (Passport to Peril, #2)
  • A Stitch Before Dying (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #3)
  • The Wild Hog Murders: A Dan Rhodes Mystery (Sheriff Dan Rhodes #18)
  • Among the Departed (Constable Molly Smith #5)
  • Crops and Robbers (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #3)
  • Die Buying (A Mall Cop Mystery, #1)
  • Death on Tour (Jocelyn Shore, #1)
  • The Corpse with the Diamond Hand (Cait Morgan #6)
  • Popped Off (Stay At Home Dad Mysteries #2)
  • Death Loves a Messy Desk (A Charlotte Adams Mystery #3)
  • A Dark And Stormy Night (Dorothy Martin, #10)
  • Anthem for Doomed Youth (Daisy Dalrymple, #19)
  • Trouble Under the Tree (Nina Quinn, #6)
  • The Wedding Shawl (Seaside Knitters, #5)
  • Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #4)
Winner of the 2009 Lifetime Achievement award for mystery writing from Romantic Times magazine, Nancy Martin announces the release of the 8th book in her popular Blackbird Sisters mystery series, NO WAY TO KILL A LADY. Set in Philadelphia, the story features three heiresses whose parents have run off with their trust funds. Now thay have a chance to regain their wealth when their aunt, "Madcap Mad ...more
More about Nancy Martin...

Roxy Abruzzo (2 books)
  • Our Lady of Immaculate Deception (Roxy Abruzzo Mystery, #1)