Start by marking “Redemption (Lost City Shifters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Redemption (Lost City Shifters, #2)

Redemption (Lost City Shifters #2)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  27 reviews

Blamed for a heinous crime and banished from his tribe of Jaguar shifters, Adriano will do anything to buy back his rightful place--even steal a priceless artifact. First, he'll have to seduce Sophie Martin, an archaeologist researching the temple ruins and the one person who stands in his way.

Sophie wants to uncover the artifact as well--not to sell it, but to study it. I

Published September 1st 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redemption

Bethany
Paranormal romance is my reading equivalent to chocolate-and-peanut-butter-cup ice cream – it’s all about indulgence and willful belief. (Just like I pretend ice cream is a healthy bedtime snack because it contains calcium.)

This story had all the ingredients I like in my paranormal romances – shapeshifters, a non-whiny, self-sufficient heroine, and a PLOT! (I need this. Nekkid spelunking is all well and fun, but I *need* a story to have a backbone.) What’s even better is that the plot isn’t The
WildAboutBones
Jaguar sifters, wolf shifters, mutants (halflings), a partially covered ancient dig site, a Bloodstone and a forbidden romance are featured in this sexy paranormal romance. This is the second in the Lost City Shifters series but it is a stand alone story so don't worry about not having read the first book in the series yet.

Adriano is "Yaguara, ... a secluded tribe of jaguar shape-shifters living in the Amazon jungle." Even after five years in exile, "he’d never lusted after a human, period." Nev
Jacqueline
I was really looking forward to this shifter story as it was based on the South American jaguar mythos. But it failed in execution. This was just okay. The shifter world was not explained very well. Some of the motivations of the characters were vague. The whole story just seemed like it was missing sufficient detail. There was very little description of the actual physical setting or the characters.

The hero has been exiled from his clan or what have you for something that totally didn't make se
Victoria
This was a pretty good book. Adriano and Sophie made a very good pair. They were interesting to read about and well, Adriano was really hot. I liked his character in the book, and I could really see how much he loved Sophie. Though they didn't really mention anything about their love for each other, I could just feel it through their actions.

The plot of the story was entertaining and believable. Adriano's self-control when he first had sex with her was rather admirable. I mean, it already showed
Jen
Cute story! i loved it!

It was a little confusting at the begining of the book though. The prologue intorduces you to Adriano - and tells how he ws exled from his home - the home of the Jaguar shifters - He was betrayed, but he still followed his orders - which left his marked as a traitor -

Chapter one starts off five years later. At a archaeological site in the Amazons - Adriano is in charge of the security - keeping the humans away from the underground tunnels that will reviel the truth about
Michelle
Redemption by Eleri Stone

Lost City Shifters book 2

Synopsis

Blamed for a heinous crime and banished from his tribe of Jaguar shifters, Adriano will do anything to buy back his rightful place—even steal a priceless artifact. First, he'll have to seduce Sophie Martin, an archaeologist researching the temple ruins and the one person who stands in his way.
Sophie wants to uncover the artifact as well—not to sell it, but to study it. It could unlock all the secrets of an ancient and mysterious civiliz
Sandra
ARC from Carina Press on NetGalley

3.5 stars. I really enjoyed this one, a slightly different twist from the usual PNR shifter story due to the setting and Adriano's circumstances. It took me a little longer than usual to relate to the characters, perhaps because the story began right with their interactions, although I admit I like when I don't have to wait around for our couple to meet. Also perhaps because some things were unclear regarding their motivations. I'm not sure why it was necessary
Angela
Aug 27, 2011 Angela rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance
I liked the action in this book. The shifter world it takes place in was a nice change from everything else out there right now. I would've liked it a bit more if the ending would have expanded on their relationship a little more. But I enjoyed reading this book and look forward to reading more by Ms. Stone in the future. Hopefully, I won't have to wait very long.

Sophie is in the rain forest of Peru working on an earthquake ravaged archeological site where she meets Adriano. He's there working a
Margaret
i fell completely in love with this book. the characters and places are made for an interesting story line. the chemestry between the hero and heroine are electrifying. you couldnt get any other two characters with chemestry like theirs.

even though the story was only fifteen chapters, it was enough to tell a story. i would have liked it to be a little longer maybe have an epilouge to show how the characters ended up a few years later. otherwise it was the perfect lenght.
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: September 26, 2011
Series Best Read In Order: Worked well as a standalone
Steam Level: Steamy

Official Blurb:

AnnaBanana
After being banished by his Jaguar shifter tribe, Adriano sets out to buy his way back in, even if that means to steal a priceless artifact right out from under Sophie.

Sophie wants very badly to study this artifact for her study on ancient languages and symbols. But Adriano is a little distracting with his dark good looks and mysterious so she's finding it hard to concentrate.

Adriano needs the artifact to find his way back to the tribe but in getting closer to Sophie they find much more there. A
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Adriano is a jaguar shifter living in exile. He was cast out from his people five years ago. But he believes if he can uncover an ancient artifact of his people, he can use it to return to their good graces. He has worked his way onto the dig site where the artifact is hidden and he is getting closer to it everyday.

He is also getting closer to Sophie, one of the archaeologists at the site. He feels an attraction to her that he's never felt for a human before. He makes his move and they hook up.
Tania
Adriano, a Jaguar shape shifter has been exiled by the Yaguara people for, well political reasons really. In order to buy back his acceptance he is hunting down an artefact of great significance to his people. Only problem is that a bunch of archaeologists stand in the way, including Sophie who is a grad student working on a thesis that no one else seem to believe in. The attraction is instantaneous, if not inconvenient.

Adriano’s character was really well developed with back story and emotional
Tracy
Fabulous Shifter Mythos
Nestled deep in mountains thrusting up from the lush jungles of Peru, the ruins of an ancient civilization predating the Inca has captivated archaeologist Sophie Martin. Having come to the site to help restore what an earthquake has damaged, she has a habit of wandering off on her own time, poking around and uncovering the most incredible artifacts of a long-dead people and working to find evidence to support her academic thesis.

That habit both enchants and frustrates Adri
Vannessa
Adriano is a Yaguara, a jaguar shapeshifter, who has been exiled from his tribe following a huge war between the pure-blood and the half-blood tribes. He believes that if he finds some ancient bloodstone, he will be able to buy his way back into his tribe, so off he goes and joins an archaeological dig with a group of humans. He doesn't interact with humans at all and has never taken a female one before, not even for a quick one night stand. However, Sophie soon has him lusting after her in ways ...more
Michelle Leah Olson
Redemption, Book #2 of the Yaguara saga
Author: Eleri Stone

Synopsis: Blamed for a heinous crime and banished from his tribe of Jaguar shifters, Adriano will do anything to buy back his rightful place—even steal a priceless artifact. First, he’ll have to seduce Sophie Martin, an archaeologist researching the temple ruins and the one person who stands in his way.

Sophie wants to uncover the artifact as well—not to sell it, but to study it. It could unlock the secrets of an ancient and mysterious civ
Franjessca
I'm actually going to give this book 2.5 stars instead of just 2 stars. I received this book through Netgalley to Review. I was looking forward to reading it since it was about Jaguar Shifters and in a different setting then usual Authors would put their characters. Unfortunately, from the beginning to end I was less interested and had a hard time reading it. I feel terrible because of it. Maybe it's because I didn't read the first book in the series first. I don't like reading out of order. May ...more
♫♥✿LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ (Chasity)
IMG_3114

Eleri Stone has a talent for creating and telling stories. I fell in love with her jaguar shifter world last year after I read Mercy and now I am determined to read more shifter titles from her. Redemption gave me more of the world I love and for that alone I'm excited to write this review.

Adriano is half man and half animal but all crazy for Sophie. Sophie is a quiet woman who tries to fly below everyone's radar. She is intelligent, goal-oriented and wit
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

2.5 Stars

I started out wanting to like this book. Hot and mysterious shifter in the middle of the Amazon falls in love with archaeologist there on assignment. She doesn't have a lot of self esteem and can't believe he has any real interest in her. The plot with a bit of Indiana Jones feel. Should be good, right?

Well, I was interested only at the beginning of the book. The book starts off with a fire caused by Adriano's own people. A setup. He gets blamed
Deelylah Mullin
4 stars: Enjoyed - strongly recommend(A-) Heat Index: 3 out of 5.

I”m not gonna lie. I completely identified with Sophie, the heroine in Redemption, the second offering from Eleri Stone's Lost City Shifters series. Losing herself in her work, this survivor has made something of her life, even after tragedy. Women like Sophie are few and far between, and I think that's why Adriano was so smitten by her.

Sophie is the epitome of self-sufficient. She wants to only need herself and her own accomplish
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
2.5 Stars...

I did not realize at first that this was the second book in a series...which is probably a good thing. I read Mercy earlier this year and while not a bad read, it was not a story I was necessarily interested in continuing.

Redemption, can (in my opinion) be read as a stand alone story, while there is reference to the two main characters in the first book, you don't need the history to get this story at all.

I enjoyed Adriano and Sophie's characters and how the background is an archeo
Cindy
Redemption was a fast-paced, hot-and-heavy thrill ride through the jungle! This novel was short, sweet, and stocked with everything I love: sexy hunk? Check! Steamy romance? Check! Adventure straight out of a Lara Croft-style quest? Check! Add in the tidbit that said sexy hunk is a shifter? Double check!

There's great tension between Adriano and Sophie right from the beginning. Much more alike than they realize, each has a deep secret causing them great shame. Both are essentially living life alo
Bibliolatry Me
Redemption is a fast-paced, hot-and-heavy thrill ride through the jungle! This novel is short, sweet, and stocked with everything I love: sexy hunk? Check! Steamy romance? Check! Adventure straight out of a Lara Croft-style quest? Check! Add in the tidbit that said sexy hunk is a shifter? Double check!

Read full review http://www.nocturnereads.com/Redempti...
Nicole Luiken
Treated myself to this one for my birthday and read in one day. Hot romance between Sophie and jaguar-shifter Adriano plus a fun Indiana Jones-style action plot. Good character development.

Gabriel, the jaguar king from book one mercy makes a brief appearance. Interesting to see him from Adriano's POV.
Charia
I loved the back stories of both characters and the setting, an archeology dig. This was my first read in the series. I have not yet read book one. Between the characters, history, adventure and settings Stone keeps you interested. Would recommend for any sci-fi/paranormal romance readers.
LibraryDanielle
meh. it was too dramatic for my taste. if there had been less oh the drama and more plot it would have been interesting. as it was, my meh stands.
Niki Rogers
Niki Rogers marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Jennifer beck
Jennifer beck marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Heart of the Druid Laird
  • Wild Knights (Passion Unbound, #1)
  • The Last Rising (Curse of the Phoenix, #1)
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Pack and Coven
  • Motor City Wolf (Urban Arcana, #3)
  • The Last Slayer (The Heartstone Trilogy #1)
  • Don't Bite the Messenger
  • Altered Destiny
  • The Last Cowboy  (Jackson Hole, #4)
  • The Lady's Secret
  • Rogue's Pawn (Covenant of Thorns, #1)
  • Dylan  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #2)
  • Icebound
  • Unleashed (UN-Forgettable, #3)
  • How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #2)
  • Hold Me
  • Heavy Metal (Goddesses Rising, #2)
4193895
Eleri Stone is a RITA-nominated author of fantasy and paranormal romance. Born and raised in New Jersey, she now lives in Iowa with her husband and their three children. All of her stories have some element of speculative fiction to them and they all end with a happily-ever-after.
More about Eleri Stone...
Mercy (Lost City Shifters, #1) Reaper's Touch Demon Crossings (Twilight of the Gods, #1) Witch Bound (Twilight of the Gods, #2) Threads of Desire