Secret Of Letting Go

Secret Of Letting Go

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  32 reviews

Llewellyn is proud to present the revised and expanded edition of our best-selling self-help book, The Secret of Letting Go by Guy Finley. Featuring an attractive new cover and fresh material, this Finley classic has been updated inside and out.

With more than 200,000 copies sold, Guy Finley's message of self-liberation has touched people around the world. Discover how to

Published (first published July 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Of Letting Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Of Letting Go

Lenore Skomal
Did some more self help reading with this one. But I have to admit, if you have ever wondered about what it means to "let go," this is the guy to listen to. I found a lot of what he teaches to be very, very helpful. It's very much the same message of Eckhart Tolle and living in the now. But what's helpful about Finley is that he's not "channeling" his message. I have found Tolle sometimes tough to read because of the way he writes. Finley's writing is much more approachable. And what I found par...more
Audrey
Awesome, powerful. May need to re-read it, there was alot to take in
Lisa
This book was a great motivation, however a lot of it seems redundant.
Yes, this book is a bit abstract, but easier to follow if you have a religious background. No, you don't have to be religious to read the book.

This book was a great motivation for me, but may not be for you.

It is about letting go of negative self talk and looking inward to solve problems. It's the idea that problems aren't solved by trying to change others and your struggles have to do with you and not other people's mistakes...more
Iona  Main Stewart
I absolutely appreciate the importance of letting go, but I didn't understand a word of this book. At least I understood all the words and the sentences, but not what the author was really on about. So I couldn't finish the book or even get past the first two chapters.

I see the book got a lot of great reviews on amazon.com, so my lack of comprehension must have something, or everything, to do with me. Anyway, just wanted to state my opinion.
Paul Wilder
Jul 02, 2007 Paul Wilder rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those Interested in Dissolving Suffering
This book initiated in me a transformation of consciousness that is still very much in process to this day, over two years later. I had no idea at the time a mistakenly found it that it would change my life forever, but I am thankful for the clarity of its simplicity.
Tiffany Kay
This book was one of the most profound books I have ever read. I found I needed to take it in small chunks to let the words really integrate. I made copious notes that helped me to really appreciate the messages.
Ris
It's corny and the writing can be confounding at times, but I loved the underlying thoughts, and it is helping me let go!
Hettienne
I read this and all of Guy Finley's books twenty years ago. Then he was one of the few voices in the modern arena of Self-realization. His books are well-written, clear and contains brilliant insights into the inner journey which could only be known to those who have walked the path. if you are looking for a true path to clarity and peace, you will find it in his books - they are all worth your time and energy
Joe Newell
I'm not sure if I've read all of Guy's books or not, but I've certainly read most of them. I am lucky enough to live in the same area as Guy, and get to hear him speak to a group weekly. He is truly amazing and legitimate. He is all about the truth and seeing life as it is. He has been intensely studying and lecturing on self awareness for more than thirty years. If he puts a pen to it, it is worth reading.

However, here is the caveat: it's no "straighten out your life in 30 seconds" program. It...more
Shawn Nguyen
I brought this book about five years ago and have read it numerous times. This book has been my great companion that has walked me out of my personal mess and depression. I met the author, Guy Finley, in Texas at one of his retreat. The Secret of Letting Go illustrates very simple truths and if we slowed down a bit we would see them. What this book also did was it introduced me to a whole new world of spirituality. I am proud to say The Secret of Letting Go was able to open up my mind and a simp...more
Will Jeffries
His words are deep and very reflecting; Oftentimes though, there are shades of harshness in his voice - like he is screaming at you or frustrated that you are not getting the information he is transmitting to you. Kindof weird; but he is still enjoyable to listen to; You have to really listen for the kernals of truth/nuggest of wisdom sprinkled in his recordings and books.
Facil Feye
This book explains in pretty detail about how our emotions and reactions to events can lead us to self-destruct and affect our behavior. But more importantly, it outlines how to deal with difficult situations, how to rely on ourselves instead of others and how to manage our lives with clear mind unaffected by other events.
Dru
It took me months to read this book, primarily because it is jam packed with dense material that often tough to wade through However, I think Guy Finley has a lot of great advice about how to live a healthy life. This book will be kept on my shelf and re-read again.
May Margarita
I like the ideas and the way he presents it. However, I think he needs more background information to the reader about the "now" he referred to. Maybe finishing the book, "The Power of Now" will help accommodate better understanding.
Walthree
I did not benefit from this book. Too many stories about how others may have been able to let go. I did not find where there were steps for you to go through to let go of experiences or feeling you may have trapped inside you.
Katrin
Hard to read somehow, but I guess I wasn't smart enough to let go of my old way of thinking or adapting new knowledge coming from the book. But it had good points and stories to remember and maybe I'll read it again some day..
Natalie
If you've ever wondered, "What are the unconscious, negative beliefs that are holding me back?" this book is for you. By far, the clearest, most helpful self-help book I have ever read; and I've read many.
Alf Dunbar
Really enjoyed this book, found it very different to most 'self help' books. Would recommend it, especially to someone going through a challenging time in their life and who wants to move on.
Cloay
Jan 16, 2014 Cloay marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, i_own
- Conquer stress
- 10 steps to freedom
- clear away obstacles
- live life on your own terms
- release your inner strength
- banisj fears and negativity
- drop self-defeating behaviors
Lisa Shultz
I wonderful book that I had to read and absorb very slowly. Then I re-read my highlights slowly! Read a bit at a time. If your mind wanders, set it down and come back later.
Bonnie
The is a self-help book and helps the reader to overcome negativity, self-defeating behaviors, and to live in the wonderful present. I review it a lot!
Tatiana
So incredibly helpful. I feel 10x as in touch with my spirituality and 100x more joyous and relaxed as I did before I started! Highly recommended to everyone.
Susan
Good information - flagged quite a few passasges. Wording and language really drag - actually set this aside for 3 or 4 years before finishing recently
Elfreeman
this guy needs to clarify, he gets a bit grandiose. "awaken the giant within" is where it's at in this genre
Irina Preda
It all starts with disciplining your thoughts. Not easy but I'll keep trying...
Cheryl
My very first - Sparks off my further reads in similar direction.
Mia
it was helpful but at times a little abstract
Kristy
So far so good! I'll update more when finished!
Ines caloisi
understanding letting go
  • The Happy Book
  • Why Your Life Sucks
  • Tiny Buddha: Simple Wisdom for Life's Hard Questions
  • Feelings Buried Alive Never Die
  • I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye: Surviving, Coping and Healing after the Sudden Death of a Loved-One
  • Your Sacred Self
  • Discover the Power Within You: A Guide to the Unexplored Depths Within
  • Reinventing Your Life: The Breakthrough Program to End Negative Behavior...and Feel Great Again
  • Live the Life You Love: In Ten Easy Step-By Step Lessons
  • Love Is a Verb: And Other Thoughts on the Greatest Commandment
  • Self-Portrait as Your Traitor
  • Here All Along
  • Cosmic Consciousness - A Study in the Evolution of the Human Mind
  • De voedselzandloper : over afvallen en langer jong blijven
  • The Cultural Creatives: How 50 Million People Are Changing the World
  • What to Do Until Love Finds You
  • The Fourfold Path to Healing: Working with the Laws of Nutrition, Therapeutics, Movement and Meditation in the Art of Medicine
  • The Integral Vision: A Very Short Introduction to the Revolutionary Integral Approach to Life, God, the Universe, and Everything
The Courage to Be Free: Discover Your Original Fearless Self Essential Laws of Fearless Living: Find the Power to Never Feel Powerless Again Let Go and Live in the Now Freedom from the Ties That Bind: The Secret of Self Liberation the Secret of Self Liberation Seeker, The Search, The Sacred: Journey to the Greatness Within

“You must learn to stop thinking in terms of beginnings and endings, successes and failures, and begin to treat everything in your life as a learning experience instead of a proving one.” 2 likes
“Never again help anyone to feel as though they have a right to feel badly.” 1 likes