Start by marking “Big Book of Juices and Smoothies: 365 Natural Blends for Health and Vitality Every Day” as Want to Read:

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Juice bars are all the rage, but making the drinks at home is an easy--and less expensive--way to sustain a smoothie habit. The Big Book of Juices and Smoothies features 365 healthy, delicious recipes, many of which can be prepared with nothing more than a blender. Each drink is rated for its effectiveness in boosting energy and the immune system, detoxifying the body's or ...more
Published December 31st 2006 by Nourish (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Big Book of Juices and Smoothies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Book of Juices and Smoothies

Feb 12, 2008 Rob rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: juicing amateurs
Shelves: cookbook
Exactly what it says it is: a book of 365 recipes for juices, smoothies, tonics, and elixirs. If you have a juicer, you definitely want this book because it is full of great ideas (and attractive pictures) on where to start with your juicing -- what fruits and vegetables will taste good together? What kind of fruits/veggies have what kind of properties for restoring energy? Or boosting the immune system? Etc.

The focus is definitely on the juices (the first half of the book) but there are also so
Aside from having 365 juice blends to choose from, what I like most about this book is that it is organized by the main fruit/vegetable contained in each juice making it visually easier to find juices based on what you have. The ultra bonus is the jucing reference chapter which contains a list of nutrients, their benefits, and sources and also a list of juices for common ailments. This book is a great reference for those looking to get into juicing.
Some of juices were actually tasty. I'm finding, however, that I have a strange aversion to anything with celery in it...and beets ;) Other than that, the juices taste fairly good.

A note...this isn't a book you read from page 1. Just page through it, finding whatever peaks your interest. Frankly, I got to a point where I just put the book on the shelf, and created my own little recipes. Your body needs time to (a) reset its palate to be able to take in some of the stronger green juices, without
The organization in this book is fabulous. I have tried these recipes on their own, but now I use them to make green smoothies. Between my books on green smoothies and regular fruit smoothie books I have been able to adapt the recipes and make my own out of them. This book helped me to learn which ingedients taste well together, and by adding in whichever greens i prefer it makes it so I can have even more nutrition. I wish the author had a green smoothie book, that would solve all my problems!
Excellent! Lots of inspiring ideas for fresh fruit and vegetable juice, and smoothies. Useful introductions to juicing and the making of these healthful drinks, vitamin and mineral lists, and recommendations for various ailments. Highly recommended!
A big favorite. I use this book often. Love the included nutrition info.
Mar 24, 2009 Ana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Marcus
I think this has to be one of the best juicing books out there.
Georgia marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Jill marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
José Eduardo
José Eduardo marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Mohammed Rubia
Mohammed Rubia marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Carl Carvalho
Carl Carvalho marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Val marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Juicing for Life: A Guide to the Benefits of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juicing
  • The Curry Secret
  • Madhur Jaffrey's Quick & Easy Indian Cooking
  • The Millennium Cookbook: Extraordinary Vegetarian Cuisine
  • The Self-Healing Cookbook:  Whole Foods To Balance Body, Mind and Moods
  • The Olive and the Caper: Adventures in Greek Cooking
  • Quick Fix Meals: 200 Simple, Delicious Recipes to Make Mealtime Easy
  • French Country Cooking
  • The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big-Flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery
  • Whole Grains Every Day, Every Way