Start by marking “It Had to Happen” as Want to Read:
It Had to Happen

It Had to Happen

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Have you ever asked yourself why? Why am I having sleepless nights? Why am I still dealing with this hurt, rather than escaping from it? Why do I keep going in and out of so many dysfunctional relationships? Why is everyone coming to you for the answers to their issues and you can’t even figure out your own?

It Had to Happen is an inspiring book that will heal wounds, resto
ebook
Published July 8th 2011 by Smashwords (first published February 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about It Had to Happen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Had to Happen

Patricia
One of our biggest hurdles in life is letting go of our past. As humans we seem to want to linger in the past, especially dwelling on our times of illness, suffering, and loss. The question that repeats itself is: “Why?”, “Why did this happen?”, “Why now?”, and “Why me?”

In the book “It Had to Happen”, Cynthia Patterson assists us in moving past the “Why’s”, and moving forward with the understanding that our past is necessary for our future; even the rough past, maybe especially the rough past. I
OOSA
Let Go and Let God!

At one point or another on our journey throughout life we ask ourselves two important questions, how did we get to the point we're in, in our lives, and who are we really? In “It Had to Happen,” author Cynthia A. Patterson assists the reader in finding the answers to these two questions while providing the tools for the reader to connect with God.

Each chapter begins with a helpful quote to jumpstart the chapter and ends with questions and the reader journaling their response.
Nakia Laushaul
I almost never read self-help books. I usually skim through the table of contents to quickly find what I need and I'm done. It Had to Happen, I read from cover to cover. The title alone makes an extremely powerful statement. This book was well-written and very necessary for women (men too) of all ages.
Adrienna
In the introduction, the author explains to women why we are always changing our degree plans, careers, hairstyles, etc. is because we are seeking affirmation and praise. Moreover, we strive for love, security, protection, and assurance. Once a woman finds her divine purpose, this is how she becomes Satan's target and enemy. We are constantly masking our feelings and wearing blinders to how we truly should view things going in our lives. We have to discover them, unleash the possibilities, and d ...more
Brownstone  Book Club
In the book the author dissected the Mark Chapter 5, which is about the woman with the issue of blood. She uses this story to teach her readers how to persevere when they have trials and tribulations in their life. Throughout this book Cynthia Patterson teaches us about faith and the power of positive thinking. She also expounds on having personal self worth.

To be quite frank I have never read a self-help book therefore by reading this book, I really stepped out on a limb and was literally broad
Tracy Smith
Letting go of the past and working through to a new spiritual beginning, you need to learn that "It Had To Happen. "

Seeking spiritual guidance? Looking for the right steps to take to even begin? Come with Cynthia Patterson as she takes you step by step on a guiding journey to living and walking with the Lord. In this book, she paralells the meaning behind the "Unclean Woman" in the Biblical books of Matthew and Mark, to the struggles and strife that the modern woman of today can go through and
Dream 4 More Reviews
Adrienna Turner received a copy from the author for a book review.
Rudolph Young
Rudolph Young marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
karen leclerc
karen leclerc marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Dakeriya
Dakeriya marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Brandy Herman
Brandy Herman marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2013
Aneela Masood
Aneela Masood marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Maisha
Maisha marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2012
Raquel slaughter
Raquel slaughter marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2012
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2012
Alysen
Alysen marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2012
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2012
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2012
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2012
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2012
Vilde
Vilde marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2012
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2011
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2011
L. Wright
L. Wright marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2011
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2011
Pearl
Pearl marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
2198953
Author of the book, It Had to Happen - Understanding that everything you go through in life is for God's Purpose." Cynthia A. Patterson is Founder and CEO of Daughters of Virtue and Excellence Ministries, Inc. (DOVE Ministries). A nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization offer mentoring, Christian counseling, and leadership development education to women of all walks of life.

More about Cynthia A. Patterson...
Live Better Everyday: A 4-Week Journey to Inspire You to Live Better Critical Information Infrastructure Protection and the Law: An Overview of Key Issues

“Real faith comes when you facing a problem you can't help, you can't change, and you can't work it out” 6 likes