Start by marking “When I Dream, I Have You” as Want to Read:
When I Dream, I Have You

When I Dream, I Have You

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  19 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The success of Persuasion is predicated on the once engaged Anne Elliot and Frederick Wentworth meeting after a separation of nearly nine years. In this time, both have changed a great deal. She has learnt that love is not as easily had as she thought when she was 19, and he has gotten the money and success he hungered after as a younger man. When they meet again, there is ...more
Nook, 307 pages
Published July 11th 2011 by Susan Kaye, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about When I Dream, I Have You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When I Dream, I Have You

Kim
Aug 17, 2012 Kim rated it did not like it
I’m completely lost with this one. There was no explanation for how Anne “wakes up” five years in the future.

Anne accepting her cousin William Elliot two months after refusing Wentworth is NOT believable at all. I was at a loss to even find traces of Austen’s Anne and Wentworth in Kaye’s versions of them which deeply saddens me, as I loved her two part Wentworth series (None But You and For You Alone).

Unfortunately nothing about this book worked for me. I can’t believe Lady Russell would allow A
QNPoohBear
Apr 11, 2014 QNPoohBear rated it did not like it
Anne marries the wrong man who abuses her and neglects her. Then she suddenly, somehow finds the right man but there are misunderstandings and secrets from the past that threaten their welfare.

All I have to say is "Huh?!" There are so many things wrong with this story. I really do not think Jane Austen intended for Anne Elliot to turn into this shadow of herself. Anne is intelligent and capable for all she's put upon in the original so I don't see how she would have ended up in this situation.
Carmen
Feb 02, 2013 Carmen rated it liked it
Shelves: p-p-variation
First off, this book is 165 pages, a little more than a novella and not the 300 pages catologued here.

If you haven't read Susan Kaye's novels, 'None but you' and 'For you alone' stop here and read those!!

No one writes Cptain Wentworth like Kaye does. Her re-imagining is magnificent! I'd like to see Abigail Reynolds attempt to rework Persuasion because she may be the only author right now able to out-Wentworth Susan Kaye

As to this novella, there is an unexplained plot point which completely baff
Robin Helm
May 30, 2012 Robin Helm rated it it was amazing
I loved this thought provoking book by Susan Kaye, one of my favorite authors. I raced through the first half of the book, collecting clues to solve the puzzle concerning Anne and Frederick. It was a lovely ride with a satisfying ending. I look forward to reading the rest of Kaye's books.
Barbara Folk
Aug 04, 2011 Barbara Folk rated it it was ok
Had some trouble understanding this book. I thought it wasn't quite right. It didn't feel like Anne and Wentworth.
Chelsi
Chelsi marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Tash Johanson
Tash Johanson marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Cindy Williams
Cindy Williams rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2015
Hailey
Hailey rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2014
Nikel27
Nikel27 rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2014
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Tara Rockwell
Tara Rockwell rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Freddywentworth
Freddywentworth marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2013
Ceri
Ceri marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
Stephanie Shaw
Stephanie Shaw rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2013
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2013
Bon Vivant
Bon Vivant marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
Widad
Widad added it
Feb 02, 2013
D'dee
D'dee rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2013
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Lani
Lani rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2013
Viola Lolé
Viola Lolé marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2012