Start by marking “Suspect” as Want to Read:
Suspect

Suspect (Raven #2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  19 reviews
For twenty-five years multimillionaire businessman Ron Raven played the loving husband and father-- to two very different households. But when Ron disappears, his deception is revealed. Faced with the ultimate betrayal, both families are left questioning who can be trusted--and who remains SUSPECT.Cynical attorney Liam Raven hid his father's bigamy--until it was too late. ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Suspect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suspect

Sandy
This book is way more suspense than romance but that's ok. The surrounding mystery and action make up for it. A good plot filled with a delicate mix of intricacies, lies, deceit, murder, and unbridled emotions make for a good tale spun by Cresswell and I enjoyed reading it. It's a definite page-turner and you can't put it down until you've reached the end. I wonder if Sophie knows the truth about her paternity though. After finishing this, I am now anxious to know more about the disappearance an ...more
Georgiann Hennelly
Ron Raven has played the loving family man for 25 years to two different families so when the Multi millionarie businessman Sudden goes missing, his deception is revealed. Liam Raven knew about his fathers bigamy but kept his secret. Liam is aattorney who specilzes in divorce cases so when Chloe is accused of murdering her husband a popular denver mayor he makes an exception and takes her case. Her husband knew Liams father and lies and treachery begin coming out of the woodwork all leading back ...more
Patt
This second book in the series concentrates on Liam Raven, son of the bigamist from the first book. Liam is called on to defend the wife of the slain mayor of Denver, but ends up falling in love.
Roxann
The killer wasn't hard to figure out but it was still interesting to read how she got the characters there.
T.M. Carper
A good middle book. I still like "Missing" more than "Suspect" but eh. Poor Chloe--first she's trapped in a loveless marriage, then her husband is killed, and then she has to deal with the media storm and the real father of her daughter.

A good suspense novel and I'm looking forward to "Payback". "Suspect" deals more with Liam Raven handling his own life and trying to avoid being like his father.
Lori Henrich
Not sure if I liked this one or not - it was one of the books that Dee had and kept most of them so I could read them. This is a sequel and the constant reference to the past was kind of annoying, but at least it was enough info so that you could kind of get the gist of what was going on. It was a good plot line in spite of the past references. Anyway I was glad that I read it, but this will be a library donation.
Brenda
The second in the Raven series, this is a well crafted mystery with a couple of satisfying plot twists.

The mayor of Denver has been murdered and his wife is the cheif suspect. She contacts a lawyer she has had some contact with, Liam Raven, for help. They are on the search for the real killer while dark secrets come to the surface.
Sara
Part II in a series about the aftermath of a bigamist father's disappearance and death... son from wife #1 has to figure out who killed the mayor of Denver before his widow is tried and convicted. Brother-in-law from wife #2 manages to get involved and muck things up for everyone.
Andrea
This is romantic/suspense.. .more toward to suspense. It's ok-ok. I will not reread it again or read other books by that authour. I don't feel so drawn in the book. It's just a story. So...
Starla
Great book! Hard to put down. All the characters were very believable, as was the storyline. Anxious to read the third book in this trilogy.
Jill
I would have liked a little more wrap-up at the end, but overall, I liked catching up with the characters again.
Deckle Pages
Enjoyed, somewhat slow in spots. I would consider this a light read, but not a cozy book.
Sherri
Sep 02, 2009 Sherri rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Tanya
Recommended to Sherri by: Cindy
It was good, but Kind of struggled through it. Figured out "whodunnit" pretty quickly.
Jenny Mandeville
I like this trilogy and how each book is about a different family member.
Tammy Pickens
This 2nd book of the "Raven" series was even better than the first one.
Karsyn
Yup, read it before. it was fine, didn't blow me away or anything.
Nancy
Mar 11, 2009 Nancy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mom
enjoyed the continuing saga of characters from the first book
Melissa
See Payback (final installment) for my comments.
Freya Martens
Freya Martens marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Nov 07, 2014
Alyce
Alyce marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Linnette Anderson
Linnette Anderson marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Amanda Thomas
Amanda Thomas marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
  • Bogeyman
  • Taken (Randall Shane, #1)
  • Sleep Softly
  • Revenant
  • The President's Daughter
  • Cypress Nights
  • Red Hot Lies (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #1)
  • The Murderers' Club (Sophie Anderson, #2)
  • The Protector (Crossfire, #1)
  • Dead Right (Stillwater Trilogy, #3)
  • The Gatekeeper (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #3)
  • Vengeance Road (Jack Gannon #1)
  • In the Dark
  • Sovran's Pawn (The Black Wing Chronicles, #1)
  • Killing Time
  • Nine Lives (Cat Dupree, #1)
  • The Hunted
  • The Commission: A Sam Kincaid Mystery
Born in England, Jasmine Cresswell now divides her time between her winter home in Sarasota, Florida and her summer home in Evergreen, Colorado. Jasmine has been writing since 1975 and has published over 50 novels, with 9 million copies of her books in print.
Jasmine served for two years as the editor of the Romance Writer's Report. She also served as president of Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers, a
More about Jasmine Cresswell...
Missing Payback Final Justice The Third Wife Decoy