Start by marking “Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Boscombe Pool (Penguin Readers Level 3)” as Want to Read:
Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Boscombe Pool (Penguin Readers Level 3)

Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Boscombe Pool (Penguin Readers Level 3)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Who killed Charles McCarthy? And why? Was it really his son? Sherlock Holmes, the brilliant detective, must answer these questions with the help of his trusted friend Dr Watson. An intriguing story - with Sherlock Holmes, the most famous and most eccentric detective in English literature, using his detective powers to solve the mystery.
Published February 8th 2002 by Penguin Books Ltd (first published 1891)

To ask other readers questions about Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Boscombe Pool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Boscombe Pool

Darren
I'm surprised at many of the comments regarding this particular narrative of Watson's take on Sherlock's handling of this case.

I was moved by Holmes' compassion and understanding of the circumstances which lead this former British expat "Australian/Brit Bush-ranger" (for Americans-Outlaw) who led a life a crime and skull skulduggery for most of his life. Yet the remorse he displayed moved Sherlock not to have this man, riddled with disease, live out his last days (7months) in a rat infested pri
Ryoichi
Extensive Listening & Reading 4
Sophie's class

-about an hour and 30 minutes(11/18)

-7 word summary:
Holmes-incident-valley-father-son-friends-search

-Discussion Questions:
1.A young man was suspected as the criminal in this book.
Have you ever been misunderstood by someone?
Answer:
Actually no, but if I were so, I would be surprised and become confusion.

2.There are many suspense stories, for example, detective one, police one..
Do you like the genre "suspense"?
Answer:
I do
Lisztomania
dsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Namiko
I love Sherlock Holmes but it is a little too difficult for me to read. There were some parts that I didn't understand. Charles McCarthy was killed right after fighting with his son. Most people accursed the son but Sherlock Holmes wasn't convinced - he tried to find out some little facts which was leading him innocent.
Evii.B
Nice book, easy English, but that story was so clear, only 2 persons who can be murderer. And how much is possible that women will kill her lover. But part about history which happend in Australia was at least bit interesting.
Youssef-charbel Akl
So exiting ! i love mystery books !!!!!
Kboa
Oct 29, 2012 Kboa marked it as to-read
I want link of full story
Polkijedo
Polkijedo marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Sebastián Forero
Sebastián Forero is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2015
Petr
Petr marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Andrea Mitchell
Andrea Mitchell marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Lylia Filali
Lylia Filali marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Anisha
Anisha added it
Feb 06, 2015
Noyemi
Noyemi marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Maria Lydia
Maria Lydia marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Duda
Duda added it
Nov 05, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Pedro Almeida rezende
Pedro Almeida rezende marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Johnsson
Johnsson marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Cranford (Penguin Readers, Level 3) The Warden (Penguin Readers Level 5) Simply Suspense Mrs. Packletide's Tiger (Penguin Readers Level 6) Sons and Lovers