Alex's Secret (Brac Pack, #21)

Alex's Secret (Brac Pack #21)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  769 ratings  ·  25 reviews
[Siren Everlasting Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, shape-shifters]

Alex's father ignored him, his stepfather tried to have him committed, his uncle looks at him like a freak, and his step-cousin Tater is trying to talk him into going to see his good buddy, Taylor Tate, who's a counselor. Why can’t everyone just leave him alone?

Alex grew up in a...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Alex's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alex's Secret

Veronica / Miss V
I'm a sucker for this series, I'm sure many of my friends are rolling their eyes at me.
But, I love it.
This series for me can't do wrong, and now that the author is focus on the bearshifters I like it a lot.
As always ..if you like this series you are going to like this story.
If you don'y like this author you won't like this book either, as it is mostly the same as the others.
I love it!!
Phaney
May 23, 2013 Phaney rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2011 Review:

The latest in those interwoven series. To my disappointment it disclosed, sort of as a fly-by, that (view spoiler). So I guess when the author gets around to that spin-off series it’ll be threesomes again. Gah.

The book itself was okay-ish. More could have been made of the smaller guy’s issues, and I don’t mean his (view spoiler). Wasted opportunities here. I just don’t get what...more
Serena Yates
This installment of the Brac Pack series focuses on the second of the bear shifter brothers, Gavin, and his ocelot shifter mate, Alex. They have some rocky obstacles to overcome, mostly because Alex has a few secrets and is a little more eccentric than most people. Considering the company he finds himself in once Gavin takes him home, that becomes far less of an issue than he imagines.

Initially, Alex is afraid of his own shadow and fears he will never be accepted. No wonder, his stepfather has k...more
Sair
Once again I find myself at the 2.95 star mark and have rounded it up to 3.

I like the characters and like the secret, but it gets a bit murky with the peripheral characters. Way too many for such a short story and the character development is lacklustre and inconsistent.

I expect for warm mushy stuff when I read these books and they don't disappoint. The secret was not enough for a whole book to be built around and the other stuff that went on (without being a spoiler here) was not given enough...more
David Pritchett

Alex grew up in a home where his mated parents argued day and night, until his father is killed and his mother remarried. Unfortunately, Clark is everything a stepfather shouldn't be.

Gavin Lakeland discovers Alex is his mate when he helps...more
Amanda
More like 2.5 stars but...

[This is not really a review of this book alone per say, but I really need to get some things off my chest at 21 books so here they are.]

As you can see, I'm still truckin' right along with this series. I will be the first to admit that shifter stories are one of my guilty pleasures and I devour anything released by Stephani Hecht (my fave!), Charlie Richards, Amber Kell, etc. But this series... There's just something about it that always grates on my nerves.

First of all...more
Andre
Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. More or less that was what this book felt like. I am thinking of skipping Mrs. Hagen all together since it is nearly always the same constellation of big guy rescuing small guy. No matter what she might wants to make us believe with Alex's temper this is what it comes down and I for myself had that too often. Mrs. Hagen should try something new. And by the way bring a bit of color into the characters. So far they were nearly exclusively white. And the b...more
Jani
This series is one of my guilty pleasures. It is pure fluff that doesn't require any thinking. That said the last few books have been so so. This one was much better. It was cute and fun. I didn't have high hopes for Alex but in the end it turns out he is pretty normal. I guess we are supposed to think he is left of center because he has an ant farm that he loves? I talk to my cat.. often.. I guess I am pretty weird in many eyes as well.
I enjoyed the Lakeland but really like touching base with...more
Raevyn
This book like all of the others has a big Alpha character ready and willing to take care of the smaller needy character. BUT, that is what I like and this story was true to the Brac Pack formula.

Alex is one of the sweetest characters in the series. He has only his ants in their farm to call friends until Gavin finds him. They dance around each other for a while and of course they find they are perfect for each other.

The on thing that bothered me about this book, and some of the others in the se...more
adrienne
typical lynn hagen serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical lynn hagen? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as they put into their bo...more
Tj
Alex has been through a lot and is now staying with his step-Uncle. He is enjoying hanging out with his step-cousin Tater, though not in Tater’s truck, when they break down. Gavin stops to help and meets his mate, Alex. The two begin dating and quickly become more. The two as a couple are cute. This is a light, fluffy read that is very typical of Lynn Hagen. I enjoyed it but it isn’t deep.
Meggie
Damn, but I couldn't connect with this mated couple. Alex was simply to boring for me and the sex between Gavin and him just didn't ring the bell. The the whole concept of the main plot around the drug was written to simple, to boring and to mix it within the story of this mated couple....blah, really bad mix of events in general. Definitely not my cup of tea.
Byron
See Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1) by Lynn Hagen for series review.
Randy Wiggins
Not one of my favorites because it was just a little too..kinky. The charachters didn't seem like themselves, even the ones I had been fond of over te many books were off.
Kristie Crawford
I love Lynn Hagen, I have read all her books and this one was just as good as the rest. Thank You Lynn for all the work you put into your story to entertain us readers!
Emily
Originally read 2012
Davina
See there's some kinky ones. Only one bad thing in focus now that's good. Hope not all the mates lately have some connection to the drug situation.
Kinny
If I were gay I would definitely be Alex! The Maitland men are wonderful and to me better than some of the Brac wolves.
Candice
Gavin has a heart of gold. Wanting to protect and shelter Alex. Protect his secrets.
Wende
I was surprised this one is really a good. I liked the two MC.
Brittney Bower
well I thought his secret would have been more paranormal in nature.
Sam
I'm starting to get bored by the supposed subplot in this series.
Tracy Piccolo
brac pack book 21
Maya
3.5 Stars
  • Imlay's Cure (Lady Blue Crew, #3)
  • Unassumed (Tate Pack, #4)
  • Damian (Marius Brothers, #5)
  • Faith, Trust, and Stardust (Haven, #2)
  • Sacking the Quarterback (Campus Cravings, #3)
  • The Link That Binds (Solomon's Pride, #2)
  • Aggressive Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies, #7)
Lynn Hagen loves writing about the somewhat flawed, but lovable. She also loves a hero who can see past all the rough edges to find the shining diamond of a beautiful heart.

You can find her on any given day curled up with her laptop and a cup of hot java, letting the next set of characters tell their story.
More about Lynn Hagen...
Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1) Hawk's Pretty Baby (Brac Pack, #2) Nutter Nero (Brac Pack, #12) Remi's Pup (Brac Pack, #4) Montana's Vamp (Brac Pack, #16)