Jay's Pet

Jay's Pet

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  199 ratings  ·  15 reviews
[Siren Everlasting Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Contemporary Romance, M/M, light Consensual BDSM, spanking, sex toys]

Jay has always been told he must have been born with the pigskin in his hand. Even though he lived for football, when he becomes injured and can no longer play, he accepts it and settles into a routine life. The only problem is Millard, a man he had b...more
Published September 17th 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

Jason Huffman-black
If there was some way to give negative stars for how offensive this book was those who are actually within the BDSM lifestyle as Doms and submissives, I'm not sure how low I would have to go.

(view spoiler)...more
Tj
I normally don't really care if a book is not good. I tend to like light, fluffy, and uncomplicated books, but this one did rankle. I have read BDSM and have talked to a few people online about BDSM, the way the author portrayed it in this book was not with knowledge of the actual lifestyle. It was insulting to them! I was really disappointed:(
Ter
OMG.. I was very surprised with this one.
I really like her other series a lot, but this one not at all. In fact I had to check the cover a few time to make sure it was really hers. It was like someone else wrote this cause it is so diff.

This was a 2 star till towards the end, Now I might not know much about that lifestyle but their are a few things in this book that are just wrong.

(view spoiler)...more
Veronica / V
Who ever wrote the blurb about this book forgot to mentioned something very important. I didn't know it was a Dom/Sub story otherwise I wouldn't have read it.
I love Lynn Hagen Books, Sadly this is definitely not for me.
Maya
I almost never give fluffy books one star, this one I just had too. I like Lynn Hagen but this book....UGH. It is not about the Dom/Sub thing but that she wrote this with no obvious knowledge of the scene...what a mess...
Jane
I normally love Hagen books, but in this one the character's confused me. One second, Jay can't even control his own bank account and the next he's a dom.
Phaney
2011 Review:

*huff*

This… was a facepalm. Right from the start, while the story still seemed somewhat romantic, it was contradictory at every turn. Even within the same sentence. The same pattern continued with the protagonists. Their characters were a strange jumble that wouldn’t fit. Contradictions are nice and a part of human nature but this was bad writing instead. Inconsistent.

But then things turned scary, really scary, when Dillon reverted into a child in the course of the relationship. He c...more
Tina Fauver
'this is such an awesome read. I love the intense feelings in this book. I have reread this book a lot. I recommend this to everyone.
Darkm
Feb 05, 2012 Darkm rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I really didn't like this book.
The characters are nice, no doubts about this, is the D/s relationship portrayed here that to me is all kind of wrong.
It's not like this, not at all.

(view spoiler)
Claudia
I was really liking the story, and I like D/s books, but when Jay decided to play D/s and 5 minutes later he was offering a collar to Dillon, and suddenly Dillon didn't had a personality anymore, it was a little frustrating. Just because he discovers that he's a sub, don't mean he got his brain washed... But I liked the story
Rach
Nov 11, 2013 Rach rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: bdsm
I had a hard time with Dillon's character. In the beginning he was strong and assertive then in the blink of an eye he is weak, needy, and clingy. He is having panic attacks and it's just a complete 180 from where he started with no good explanation for it. I almost felt like it was two different books.
Sabine
What can I say? I simply love it. I like to see Lynn Hagen writing contemporary mm romance. I like the story. It is very romantic. Thanks for this new book.
Rosa
I guess I wasn't in the mood for femboys :(
Kinny
This is by Lynn Hagen? Hmmm...
Deryncarm1970
Deryncarm1970 marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
R
R marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Angelica
Angelica marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Jamie
Jamie added it
May 03, 2014
  • Unassumed (Tate Pack, #4)
  • Cowboy Courage (Blaecleah Brothers #4)
  • Side-Lined (Campus Cravings, #2)
  • Faith, Trust, and Stardust (Haven, #2)
  • The Soldier and the State Trooper (The Soldier and..., #1)
  • The Link That Binds (Solomon's Pride, #2)
  • Legal Tender (Bottled Up, #8)
  • Stirring Up Trouble (Stir, #1)
  • The Last Chance Ranch
  • Gabe's Alpha (Dark Hollow Wolf Pack, #4)
  • Daddy, Daddy and Me
Lynn Hagen loves writing about the somewhat flawed, but lovable. She also loves a hero who can see past all the rough edges to find the shining diamond of a beautiful heart.

You can find her on any given day curled up with her laptop and a cup of hot java, letting the next set of characters tell their story.
More about Lynn Hagen...
Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1) Hawk's Pretty Baby (Brac Pack, #2) Nutter Nero (Brac Pack, #12) Remi's Pup (Brac Pack, #4) Montana's Vamp (Brac Pack, #16)