Start by marking “Phantom of the French Quarter (Shivers, #7)” as Want to Read:
Phantom of the French Quarter (Shivers, #7)

Phantom of the French Quarter (Shivers, #7)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Marcus Le Carpentier was a phantom in the night, a man who let no one in and always kept a low profile. So when he accidentally witnessed a beautiful local woman stumble upon a dead body, the last thing Marcus planned on was getting involved. He'd done that before...and had been living with the dangerous consequences ever since. But since leaving a very frightened Caitlyn ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Intrigue #1302, 219 pages
Published September 6th 2011 by Harlequin (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Phantom of the French Quarter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phantom of the French Quarter

Jana Deleon
Colleen Thompson is an expert at creating the most vivid impressions for the reader. Her descriptive phrases leave no doubt in my mind what the characters are seeing and feeling. In PHANTOM, she manages to bring all her single-title talent into the shorter category format, which is no small feat. If you're looking for an excellent short read with a bit of spooky and some thrills along the way, pick up this book.
Ash
When I read the synopsis I was expecting a different kind of book. This book was an ok read. There wasn't much happening in the book nor did I find any kind of connection between the two leads.
Debbie Heaton
A phantom of the night, Marcus Le Carpentier was a man who kept everyone at arms length. When he accidentally witnessed a local woman stumble upon a corpse, the last thing Marcus expected was to get involved. He'd done that in the past, and had been running ever since. But since leaving a very frightened Caitlyn Villare alone didn't work for him, he promised to help and then return to New Orleans alone. Unfortunately, Caitlyn's discovery brought a killer out from the shadows and Marcus was thrus ...more
Lhenry
The title is silly, and the plot is pretty outrageous, but I still really liked this book. There's lots of gun fire, car crashes, threatening louts etc. Somehow the elements like creepy dolls, New Orleans cemeteries, a crazy brother in an asylum, murder victims with glass eyes all work together, probably because the hero and heroine, Marcus and Caitlyn are likable and just flawed enough to be real. Don't look for depth or all loose ends tied up, just a fun ride.
Jan Crow
Sep 20, 2011 Jan Crow rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Caitlyn's new fledging cemetary tour business has her running into Marcus Le Carpentier. Literally. And that fall is what lead them to a body which sets the story in motion. This is one rollar coaster I did, yet didn't want to end. You absolutely MUST read this book. Colleen does not disappoint her readers.

Bookadventurer
Gothic feeling and creepy, this was an entertaining and fast moving story to wile away an afternoon with. Caitlyn and Marcus are both very likable characters, and while I figured out pretty early on who the murdering lunatic was, I still very much enjoyed it.
Soapykitty
I liked this book but I thought that it was very repetitive.Marcus runs away from Caitlyn again! Someone gets shot at again! A car crashes again! The ending totally suprised me.
Kelley
Colleen Thompson created a vivid story full of suspense and intrigue that pulled me in and did not let me go.
Cheryl Bolen
Another creepy, edge-of-your seat romantic suspense from the imcomparable Colleen Thompson.
Lillie
May 30, 2012 Lillie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
A delightfully creepy romantic suspense. I was very happy with it.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Shivers: Vieux Carré Captives
Category: Suspense
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Shivers: Vieux Carré Captives
Melanie
it was a good book kept my interest
Sherry
Sherry added it
Aug 18, 2015
Rachial Kutko-harrison
Rachial Kutko-harrison marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Emma
Emma added it
Jul 06, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Shawnte
Shawnte marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Chantal
Chantal marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Linda
Linda added it
Feb 05, 2015
Hina
Hina marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Terri Robinette
Terri Robinette marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
In 2004, Colleen Thompson's first romantic thriller, Fatal Error, launched Dorchester Publishing's new line of fast-paced, steamy romantic suspense. The book was nominated for the RITA Award for Best Romantic Suspense and won the Texas Gold for Best Mainstream Fiction. Other honors received by her books include a starred review from Publisher's Weekly, nominations from the Reviewers International ...more
More about Colleen Thompson...
Beneath Bone Lake Fatal Error Triple Exposure Head On The Salt Maiden