Start by marking “The Giniralla Conspiracy ; Five Journals of Sujatha Mallika” as Want to Read:
The Giniralla Conspiracy ; Five Journals of Sujatha Mallika

The Giniralla Conspiracy ; Five Journals of Sujatha Mallika

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  125 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Colombo is under a terrifying threat. The third bestseller from Nihal de Silva the author of the Gratiaen prize winning 'The Road from elephant Pass'. A story involving a subversive plot to topple the Government by University students led by a messianic leader who promises to sweep away the corrupt establishment and a female journalist who joins the University.
Paperback, 1st edition, 359 pages
Published August 2005 by Vijitha Yapa Publications

Be the first to ask a question about The Giniralla Conspiracy ; Five Journals of Sujatha Mallika

Megara
May 10, 2011 Megara rated it really liked it
Another amazing book by Nihal de Silva. The language is simple which means you can whiz through the book in a day. However, the plot is exciting- to think that there's an element of truth in the story.

The story unveils the atrocity of ragging in local universities and the reason behind it. It reveals how intensely students are involved in politics in these institutions. It discloses a conspiracy organised by university students that is so complex, bloody, brutal, grand and unimaginable that mig
Senura
Apr 01, 2015 Senura rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I've been going on a Sri lankan literature bender these past few months and this is the first book by Nihal De Silva that I got my hands on. Admittedly, I probably should have read his 'Road From Elephant Pass' first but still.

It was the cover and the title which first attracted me. 'Giniralla' being a word that is translated into fire wave. 'Gini' meaning fire and 'Ralla' meaning wave. Or more in keeping with what the book describes, a tsunami of fire.

The story is amazing. Detailing a Sri Lanka
Savindi
Cover Gushing Worthiness: The image on my cover is this one The Giniralla Conspiracy ; Five Journals of Sujatha Mallika by Nihal de Silva, but when I typed in the isbn number of my copy of The Giniralla Conspiracy this edition appeared with no cover. No matter though, I'll still gush about the cover anyways!

I really like the cover of The Giniralla Conspiracy. From the way the girl in the cover is crouched down, you could tell that something terrible is going to happen. The significance of her position becomes apparent as the story goes on.

Review:
What you’re talking a
Dianne Silva
Dec 02, 2013 Dianne Silva rated it liked it
The plot moves along relatively quickly and the ending is not as predictable as one would think, so overall its an interesting read. Not too many unexplained cultural references, so its great for any audience. The first book of this author, that I am reading.
I think if I had actually gone to local University as an internal student I would better appreciate all the nuances of the details he provides. But I would'nt necessarily agree with the Nancy Drew like persona he gives to Sujatha Malika, jo
Malsha
Apr 14, 2014 Malsha rated it really liked it
Loevely. Still, the road to elephant pass was one of his best!
Kavinda
Mar 05, 2016 Kavinda rated it did not like it
sds
Canute Aravintharaj Denicius
I enjoyed each words in this book, since i went through same ragging conditions in my university. The book tends to reflect the reality of student unions & political involvements in university life at latter parts. Some of the descriptions remind me characters whom i really met in university life & wondering they may true!!
I suggest to everyone who studied in universities in Sri Lanka except Jaffna & Eastern must read this to get answers for several questions!!
Dilipickle
It had its moments but over sensational.
Lagatta
Oct 20, 2013 Lagatta rated it it was ok
A pleasant book, but not exceptional
Kaushalya
Kaushalya marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Sumudu
Sumudu is currently reading it
May 23, 2016
aasim
aasim marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Thushni
Thushni rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Natasha
Natasha rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Haridha Ammu
Haridha Ammu marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Nimandra
Nimandra rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Githmie
Githmie marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Anusa Sivalingam
Anusa Sivalingam marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Sreya Chakraborty
Sreya Chakraborty marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
N R
N R added it
Feb 02, 2016
Salmon
Salmon marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Kaveen Rodrigo
Kaveen Rodrigo rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Nicole Pereira
Nicole Pereira marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Chamidu Gunaratne
Chamidu Gunaratne rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Jane Segaran
Jane Segaran marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Dinesh Shanaka
Dinesh Shanaka marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Raveen
Raveen marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Wasantha Mapatuna
Wasantha Mapatuna rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Flower Boy
  • Monkfish Moon
  • Island of Blood
  • Family
  • The Carpet Wars: From Kabul to Baghdad: A Ten-Year Journey Along Ancient Trade Routes
  • Mosquito