Start by marking “The Giniralla Conspiracy ; Five Journals of Sujatha Mallika” as Want to Read:
The Giniralla Conspiracy ; Five Journals of Sujatha Mallika

The Giniralla Conspiracy ; Five Journals of Sujatha Mallika

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Colombo is under a terrifying threat. The third bestseller from Nihal de Silva the author of the Gratiaen prize winning 'The Road from elephant Pass'. A story involving a subversive plot to topple the Government by University students led by a messianic leader who promises to sweep away the corrupt establishment and a female journalist who joins the University.
Paperback
Published 2005 by Vijitha Yapa Publications

Be the first to ask a question about The Giniralla Conspiracy ; Five Journals of Sujatha Mallika

Megara
Another amazing book by Nihal de Silva. The language is simple which means you can whiz through the book in a day. However, the plot is exciting- to think that there's an element of truth in the story.

The story unveils the atrocity of ragging in local universities and the reason behind it. It reveals how intensely students are involved in politics in these institutions. It discloses a conspiracy organised by university students that is so complex, bloody, brutal, grand and unimaginable that mig
Vimanga
I've been going on a Sri lankan literature bender these past few months and this is the first book by Nihal De Silva that I got my hands on. Admittedly, I probably should have read his 'Road From Elephant Pass' first but still.

It was the cover and the title which first attracted me. 'Giniralla' being a word that is translated into fire wave. 'Gini' meaning fire and 'Ralla' meaning wave. Or more in keeping with what the book describes, a tsunami of fire.

The story is amazing. Detailing a Sri Lanka
Savindi
Cover Gushing Worthiness: The image on my cover is this one The Giniralla Conspiracy ; Five Journals of Sujatha Mallika by Nihal de Silva, but when I typed in the isbn number of my copy of The Giniralla Conspiracy this edition appeared with no cover. No matter though, I'll still gush about the cover anyways!

I really like the cover of The Giniralla Conspiracy. From the way the girl in the cover is crouched down, you could tell that something terrible is going to happen. The significance of her position becomes apparent as the story goes on.

Review:
What you’re talking a
Dianne Silva
The plot moves along relatively quickly and the ending is not as predictable as one would think, so overall its an interesting read. Not too many unexplained cultural references, so its great for any audience. The first book of this author, that I am reading.
I think if I had actually gone to local University as an internal student I would better appreciate all the nuances of the details he provides. But I would'nt necessarily agree with the Nancy Drew like persona he gives to Sujatha Malika, jo
Malsha
Loevely. Still, the road to elephant pass was one of his best!
Canute Aravintharaj Denicius
I enjoyed each words in this book, since i went through same ragging conditions in my university. The book tends to reflect the reality of student unions & political involvements in university life at latter parts. Some of the descriptions remind me characters whom i really met in university life & wondering they may true!!
I suggest to everyone who studied in universities in Sri Lanka except Jaffna & Eastern must read this to get answers for several questions!!
Dilipickle
It had its moments but over sensational.
Lagatta
A pleasant book, but not exceptional
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Selva Ganapathi
Selva Ganapathi marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Nazim
Nazim marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Chanh
Chanh marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Lalindra Sandeepa
Lalindra Sandeepa marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Jagadeesan Kannan
Jagadeesan Kannan marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Thilina
Thilina marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Road From Elephant Pass The Far Spent Day Paduma Meets The Sunbird: Stories From Paduma's World The Giniralla Conspiracy arathi