Start by marking “Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3)

Beautiful Chaos (Beautiful Creatures #3)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  80,861 Ratings  ·  4,324 Reviews
Published October 18th 2011 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Chaos, please sign up.

Ellen Speybrouck It's funny that you should ask. I have a Dutch copy of each book of the Caster Chronicles and in the back there is a list of references.

Beautiful…more

11. h.g. wells: the invisible man
12. mary wollstonecraft shelley: frankenstein
13. robert luois stevenson: the strange case of dr. jekyll and mr. hyde
14. john steinback: of mice and men

I hope this helps. I'll do a list of the other books, too.(less)
кαтє ♚ You can see previews on most books, but you cannot read them.

Kate Kaynak
Oct 14, 2010 Kate Kaynak marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
You know you have a good book series going when hundreds of people add "Untitled Book #3" to their to-read lists...
Hannah-Linn
Mar 24, 2011 Hannah-Linn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witches
You know what freaks me out a bit? That I never finished this book....
I was reading it, and then I wasn't and it was two weeks later and I found it in the back of my closet.

It was just...good. But I there were parts that were so boring I wanted to tear my eyes out. And I have to admit that after three books of action and drama of apocalyptic proportions, I think I was a little tired of it.

I'll have to see what my cousin thinks. They were like her favorite books, and she hasn't read this yet.
Janus Vielle the Erudite Artist
I am disappointed.

I started reading Beautiful Chaos with a huge smile and ended up with a frown on my face.

After the great adventure I experienced with Beautiful Darkness, I expected Beautiful Chaos to surpass the excitement and thrill of the 2nd book of the Caster Chronicles. Sadly, it just dragged on; and to think that I was really, really eager to see a lot of great things from this book.

There were several elements that bothered me while reading Beautiful Chaos, and they are as follows:

THE
Heidi
Oct 26, 2011 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars: This series continues to excel.

Things are not quite right in Gatlin, nor are they right in the Mortal and Caster Worlds. The events that transpired at Lena's forced Seventeenth Moon Claiming created far reaching consequences. A crack splintered through the Order of Things; a slit formed in our world that is slowly spreading, sprawling and decimating life as we know it. Gatlin is plagued by relentless, scorching heat, grasshoppers, a dried up lake and the Baptists led by the intimidat
Feb 05, 2012 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have not finished this book. And I need to state that I get quite irritated when I read reviews and the reviewer says they haven't finished the book yet. But, I don't think I can get through the book and I wanted to write about it. Maybe I will skim it just to see how it ends. When I started this series I was pleasantly surprised and thought it was a fresh approach to the teen supernatural genre, especially since the overly beautiful mysteriously powerful love interest was female for a change ...more
Joyzi
Sep 07, 2010 Joyzi marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Peeps who don't mind emo girl and gay boy
Recommended to Joyzi by: Goodreads
2011

Aaaaaaaaaaaawwww the cover's out! And it was black and what yellloooorrrrwwww????!!!!!!! Why?

OMG the title's out, Beautfiul Chaos, I lab it ^^
________________________________________________
Can't wait for this one, Beautiful Darkness pawns...

If Link is going to be an Incubus I wanna marry him ^^
Demo
I doubt this review has that many spoilers, if any, so I didn't put the block on. But if you consider the use of examples to explain why I have my opinions, then yes, there are spoilers.

Oh dear God. What happened, Kami? You were doing so well. And then BAM. We get this piece of shit.

Crash and burn, Garcia.

Crash. and. BURN.

I was expecting some kick-ass epicness that swallows me whole and makes me want to build a shrine to the author. I was expecting a character-based fantasy in which all the peo
Don
Oct 24, 2011 Don rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy
I've long felt (particularly with the previous book Beautiful Darkness) that the Caster Chronicles (1) don't need to each be 500 pages long and (2) don't even need to be a series. A book or two could have probably done the job.

But here we are at massive book #3. I do still very much like the series and considering the cliffhanger, am patiently waiting for book #4. Beautiful Chaos has many of the strengths of its predecessors: the rich Southern atmosphere (I practically read this series just for
Patrick
Mar 30, 2011 Patrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All fans of YA Fantasy genre, and fans of Caster Chronicles
**Since I'm not going to post on our blog anymore, I have decided to put and write all of my reviews here on Goodreads, starting with this book.

Review
It's been a month since I finished reading this book.
Beautiful Chaos continues the story of the Mortal Ethan Wate and his love, the Caster Lena Duchannes. After surviving the happenings in the tunnels and claiming herself as both Light and Dark, Lena and the rest of Gatlin experiences near-apocalyptic events and must find a way to stop this while
Neil (or bleed)
“The mortal world is in a state of Beautiful Chaos and destruction, which will ultimately lead to an exquisite end.”

My favorite cover in the series because YELLOW! LOL!

Like what I said in my review of Beautiful Darkness, the title of this third book of Caster Chronicles are very much suitable to what is happening inside the book. Beautiful Chaos. Like my brain during and after reading it.

Actually, I almost lose my mind because there's a lot of events happened to Ethan, there's a lot of revel
Rosy
I gotta warn ya.... Your going to cry a lot when you read the last about 120 pages of this book. Right now, writing this, I'm still crying... I cried harder and harder as I passed each page. I expect another book to the series.. If not... I'm forming a mob and attacking Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.. But then they wouldn't be able to write... So, yeah I'll think about later.

Ethan Wate is the most absolute thoughtful guy on earth. I would fell in love with him in Beautiful Creatures, cared and
Tracett
Jun 29, 2011 Tracett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading an advanced reader of Beautiful Chaos - the tears are not yet dry on my face. If you've read the previous two books, you already know this is about the parochial and sometimes beleaguered southern city of Gatlin. Beautiful Chaos is about love, not just the fun kissy face kind of love, although there is plenty of that, it's about the deep abiding devotion that love can engender. As Ethan Wate struggles to understand his world, he learns that great sacrifices and rewards ca ...more
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Oct 30, 2011 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews by: Book 4 Review Club
Shelves: 02-stars-ok, 2011

2 Painful Stars!

The Caster Chronicles 1-3 Collection by Kami GarciaI am still having a hard time reading this series… and an even harder time reviewing it… However, it is over…

Beautiful Chaos(Caster Chronicles #3)BY Kami Garcia

Lissa’s Third Hardest Review Ever

I had stated in my review of book two Beautiful Darkness that I honestly could not wait to see where the authors are taking the story. Well, the authors took me on a long journey that lead to, what I am sure is another book. Just like with the first two in the series I had a hard time k
Lindsay
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Waiting one year for this book after reading Beautiful Darkness was absolute torture. October was legit the month where all my favorite original YA series came out. Beautiful Creatures, Hush Hush, well they started my love for YA and a bunch of other genres. And after FINALLY reading Beautiful Chaos...well I have to say that I was not disappointed.

When I first opened the book, I was a little confused with what was going on because it's been so long since I've read the previous two books in the
Laz
Dec 20, 2013 Laz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: magic and urban fantasy lovers
This was fantastic!
Even better than the two previous installments and it just keeps getting better and better by each book.

I just love how every book seems to be focused on a virtue, like this one that was about sacrifice and doing the right thing when you know it's the only way to help those you love!

Ethan Wate is an amazing dude, I just idolize him. He is a person who would do anything, anything at all, for those he loves and that's what he did in the end of this book!!

And I was left gaping li
Cyndy
May 16, 2011 Cyndy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I LOVED IT!!!!!! I think the ending was disappointing if there isn't going to be a sequel. Did anyone else notice the "Nineteen Moons" thing on the back page?
Aimee
May 20, 2011 Aimee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If I thought the first two Caster Chronicles books were good, Beautiful Chaos was awesome!

----

Synopsis:
Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerfu
Amanda Book-Worm
Mar 09, 2011 Amanda Book-Worm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
The cliff hanger. Oh the cliff hanger. How I hate cliff hangers.
The way the story ends... ughhh! I really can't believe it. Never have I read a book with this big of a cliff hanger.
Anywho, continuing on.
I liked Beautiful Chaos a lot more than Beautiful Darkness. There are a lot of secrets and a lot of sleuthing but on the down side, I found this book was very predictable. Well, at least some parts... the most important part.
(view spoiler)
Mel
Jan 08, 2013 Mel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took me 3 years go get to. Book 2 was just so rough that I almost contemplated giving up on this series. Thankfully, I chose to complete it. I really enjoyed this book. I knew how it ended (I spoiled myself on this book when I didnt think I would read more) but I really enjoyed learning how to get there. I particularly enjoyed two specific things about this book:

1. Less Lena than usual. She was still there, yes, but less. I hate her character so much that I just don't want her around a
Phoenix2
Jan 25, 2016 Phoenix2 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: witches and paranormal fans
It's been a while since I've got my hands on a Beautiful Creatures book, but I remember that I looooved the first books. However, I had a hard time remembering some of the characters this time around, which was my main problem with the book. But that's entirelly my fault, so about Beautiful Chaos, it's a nice book. Some chapters are great!! Some, not so much. The few twists were entertaining and I loved them, as they did give a certain interest into the plot. However, the story is a little confu ...more
Karina
Nov 07, 2014 Karina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Mia
Mar 12, 2011 Mia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG the ending just killed me :( i need book 4 asap!
Lesly!
Mar 16, 2011 Lesly! rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well... To start I am kind of disappointed with this book. First, I don't like books in the in between of the series, meaning that they star with some problem (the plot) and end up not resolving that problem. Second, I really wanted to like this book, I was patient enough to finish it.

The thing is it just goes with a slow pace rhythm, giving details about the past, you know like when Ethan or Lena touch something significant. Revealing more of the life about sarafine when she was lena's age. The
Marija *Whoever You're Mixing Your Drinks With Is Dying To Go To Town On You*
Actual rating: 4.5 stars.

I wish I had the final book so I can find out what happens next. Because this book ended on a major cliffhanger (almost literally). And I want to find out what happens!!!!!!! No doubt Ethan's alive, but still...

It was awhile I finished second book, so I had a little difficulty returning to this world. A lot of things I forgot, but thankfully it wasn't much confusing as I thought it would be.

OH MY GOD, JOHN BREED!!!!!!!! *fangirling* AND LINK AND RIDLEY!!!!!!!!!! *harder
Sammie
Nov 29, 2010 Sammie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a good supernatural adventure!
Recommended to Sammie by: mrscastielftw (my bff)
Ever read a book and it starts as like BAH... THIS IS GOING TO BE LONG. DO I HAVE TO KEEP READING?

And then you are sucked in and it's 3:00am, you need to sleep so you can go to work/school/take care of your family and you cannot put it down. AT ALL.

I did a marathon of reading this afternoon and don't regret it all. The ending was exactly what I expected, so that wasn't too much of a surprise, but I what I did not expect was several side characters to be so freakin' amazing!

Kami and Margaret cont
Ryan
Dec 28, 2015 Ryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I read Beautiful Darkness, and that was a pretty slow book for me, so I was really hesitant about starting Beautiful Chaos. However, I'm really happy I did.

This was my favorite book in the series, by far. The plot picked up much sooner than the previous two, and the stakes were so much higher. I also enjoyed that it WASN'T ABOUT LENA! Seriously though, she is the worst character in the series and it was nice not to hear about her as much.

If this book is anything like the
Cath
Jul 10, 2015 Cath rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Here's my review, hope you guys like it and I truly loved this book. I'm never disappointed by this authors, this book was just, YES, what I needed.
AthinaB
Apr 15, 2017 AthinaB rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Όταν άρχισα να διαβάζω για το 18ο φεγγάρι σκέφτηκα, όχι πάλι ή ίδια ιστορία. Αλλά τελικά ήταν κάτι διαφορετικό. Είναι καλύτερο από τα προηγούμενα δύο βιβλία της σειράς. Δυσανασχέτησα με την αρχή του αλλά το τέλος με αποζημίωσε. Υπήρχε αρκετό μυστήριο και περιπέτεια σε αυτό το ταξίδι. Οι συγγραφείς εκμεταλλεύτηκαν στο έπακρο όλα τα στοιχεία από τα προηγούμενα βιβλία και μαζί με τα καινούργια δημιούργησα ένα ωραίο αποτέλεσμα. Μου άρεσε η σκιά της αμφιβολίας στην ιστορία, που σε έκανε να θέλεις να ...more
Darkfallen
Jan 07, 2011 Darkfallen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-n-reviewed
The only thing standing in the way of this book getting 5 stars is the length. I never really thought I would say that a book was too long but here I am. While I LOVED about 90% of this book, I think that it is a little long for YA.

Now enough of that...let's get on with the book!

The heat is rising, the insects are swarming, the lake has dried up...these are just a few of the things that are happening to the fine town of Gatlin ever since Lena claimed herself, split the moon, and threw the Order
Kiersten
Feb 22, 2013 Kiersten rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, talk about cliff hangers on this one! It's a good thing I already have Beautiful Redemption because, otherwise, I would probably just sit around and cry about it for(pretty much)ever. (view spoiler) I loved finding out more about John Breed, but I hope there is even more coming! Learning about the Far Keep was interesting as well. I love Link and Ridley together so mu ...more
Crazy for Young A...: Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3) → Start Date: May 30, 2016 4 8 Jun 03, 2016 05:05AM
Does anyone get bothered by Liv and John's relationship? 4 34 Mar 11, 2016 04:13AM
2015 Reading Chal...: Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia 4 25 Jan 10, 2015 07:03PM
John & Liv 8 68 Dec 17, 2014 01:10PM
Class of 2015: Beautiful Chaos 10 15 Oct 17, 2014 12:06AM
YA Book Gang!!: Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia --> July 1st 43 25 Jul 16, 2014 07:43PM
YA lovers <3: Beautiful Chaos 1 4 Jul 10, 2014 02:44AM
  • Balefire (Balefire, #1-4)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2)
  • Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Guardian of the Gate (Prophecy of the Sisters, #2)
  • Always a Witch (Witch, #2)
  • Reaper (Soul Screamers, #3.5)
  • The Hidden (The Hollow, #3)
  • Sweetly (Fairytale Retellings, #2)
  • Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)
  • Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2)
  • Aerie and Reckoning (The Fallen, #3-4)
  • Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)
  • Blood Ties (Blood Coven Vampire, #6)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2)
Kami Garcia is the #1 New York Times & USA Today bestselling co-author of the Beautiful Creatures novels & the Dangerous Creatures novels, and the author of the instant New York Times bestseller & Bram Stoker Award nominated novels UNBREAKABLE & UNMARKED in the Legion Series. Her contemporary romance THE LOVELY RECKLESS releases on October 4th (Imprint/Macmillan).

Kami grew up outsi
More about Kami Garcia...

Beautiful Creatures (4 books)
  • Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
  • Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4)

“I'll love you until the day after forever.” 361 likes
“When I first met you, that's what I remember. I looked up at the sky and thought, I'm going to love this person because even the sky looks different.” 274 likes