Start by marking “Sea Monsters (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #17)” as Want to Read:
Sea Monsters (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #17)

Sea Monsters (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #17)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  246 ratings  ·  18 reviews
How are an octopus and a squid different? What kinds of creatures live in the deepest abyss of the ocean? What do scientists say some legendary sea monsters really are? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this Magic Tree House Fact Tracker: Sea Monsters.
Published August 9th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Sea Monsters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea Monsters

Dolly
This is another informative book in the series of Research Guides (I see they are now called 'Fact Trackers'), companion books to the Magic Tree House stories. This book is the companion book to Dark Day in the Deep Sea. It's been almost three years since we read that book, but we remembered the crazy sea creatures that Jack and Annie met during that adventure.

This book describes sea life on various levels, including the creatures in the deepest parts of the ocean. It's not as entertaining, per
Teresa Scherping
Did you know that giant squids have beaks like parrots? Or that some marine creatures in the deep ocean can make their own light with bioluminescence? Jack and Annie have researched all about sea monsters in this nonfiction companion to the Magic Tree House book Dark Day in the Deep Sea. They'll teach you about prehistoric sea creatures, ancient legends about monsters in the ocean, and even fascinating animals we can find in salt and fresh water today. There are also scientific mysteries yet to ...more
Abby Johnson
An accessible introduction to the various creatures living in the deep sea, this book highlights the creatures that live in the deep sea and the ancient creatures that once lived in the deep sea. This is a great choice for recreational nonfiction reading and it includes many tips about doing further research.

Tiffany Askins
Sea Monsters shares information about all the sea monsters that inhabit the deep dark parts of the sea. I used this book as an accompaniment to another Mary Pope Osborne that my lower readers read in book club. Actually, they stumbled on this book in our classroom library and became really excited to read it.
Mary
Loving all the good information on the animals at the bottom of the sea and ocean.
Angela
I honsestly think it should deserve four, even though I put it for five. It is just that it is a good book, but also that it is pretty scary thinking about all those other sea creatures that are kind of scary. It still was a good book. At least I learned about different kinds of creatures that people think they are monsters, but they really are not.I really liked it so much that I still gave it five stars.
Sydney
squids when they see a predator they shoot ink out of their butts to escape.
Steve
I like the book becaes it tout me thing's a about the ocen that I nerver new. I like the part whaer it tels a about the squied that is biger then the gint squied. It olso takes about the sieting of sae mouster I really injoyed that part.
Blaine Nielsen
In this rsrch gdes it toks all a bout the stras crsas that live depe in the sea and a bout how they find ther food. And a bout a loot of talse of siting of sea monsters.
Callie Risse
This fun book contains a lot of facts about sea creatures. Most pages contain a black and white picture to help kids imagine the "monsters" described on the pages.
Monica
This book was about deep sea monsters. I like how it had a chapter on prehistoric seas and the fish in it. The chapter on supposed sea monsters was also good.
Kaylee
Mrs. Kromminga read it to me does that even count LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):)

KAYLEE
Krisha
I THINK THIS BOOK IS QUITE GOOD CAUSE IT HELPS IN KNOWLEDGE AND SCHOOL PROJECTS
Emily
Read with my 7 year old son who loves all things informational.
PWRL
Jan 27, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Brett
Brett added it
Dec 04, 2014
Rylend Duve
Rylend Duve marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Pj Trinanes
Pj Trinanes marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Lucille Montague
Lucille Montague marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Sgrefe
Sgrefe marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Julian
Julian marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)
  • The Talking T. Rex (A to Z Mysteries, #20)
  • Who Was King Tut?
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Baxter (The Puppy Place, #19)
  • Run for the Hills, Geronimo!
  • I Like Bugs
  • The Trojan Horse: How the Greeks Won the War
  • The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)
More about Mary Pope Osborne...
Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1) The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2) Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3) Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4) Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)