Start by marking “Sea Monsters (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #17)” as Want to Read:
Sea Monsters (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #17)

Sea Monsters (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #17)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  276 ratings  ·  20 reviews
How are an octopus and a squid different? What kinds of creatures live in the deepest abyss of the ocean? What do scientists say some legendary sea monsters really are? Find out the answers to these questions and more in this Magic Tree House Fact Tracker: Sea Monsters.
Published August 9th 2011 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Sea Monsters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea Monsters

Dolly
This is another informative book in the series of Research Guides (I see they are now called 'Fact Trackers'), companion books to the Magic Tree House stories. This book is the companion book to Dark Day in the Deep Sea. It's been almost three years since we read that book, but we remembered the crazy sea creatures that Jack and Annie met during that adventure.

This book describes sea life on various levels, including the creatures in the deepest parts of the ocean. It's not as entertaining, per
Teresa Scherping
Did you know that giant squids have beaks like parrots? Or that some marine creatures in the deep ocean can make their own light with bioluminescence? Jack and Annie have researched all about sea monsters in this nonfiction companion to the Magic Tree House book Dark Day in the Deep Sea. They'll teach you about prehistoric sea creatures, ancient legends about monsters in the ocean, and even fascinating animals we can find in salt and fresh water today. There are also scientific mysteries yet to ...more
Abby Johnson
An accessible introduction to the various creatures living in the deep sea, this book highlights the creatures that live in the deep sea and the ancient creatures that once lived in the deep sea. This is a great choice for recreational nonfiction reading and it includes many tips about doing further research.

Tiffany Askins
Sea Monsters shares information about all the sea monsters that inhabit the deep dark parts of the sea. I used this book as an accompaniment to another Mary Pope Osborne that my lower readers read in book club. Actually, they stumbled on this book in our classroom library and became really excited to read it.
Mary
Loving all the good information on the animals at the bottom of the sea and ocean.
Angela
I honsestly think it should deserve four, even though I put it for five. It is just that it is a good book, but also that it is pretty scary thinking about all those other sea creatures that are kind of scary. It still was a good book. At least I learned about different kinds of creatures that people think they are monsters, but they really are not.I really liked it so much that I still gave it five stars.
Sydney
squids when they see a predator they shoot ink out of their butts to escape.
Steve
I like the book becaes it tout me thing's a about the ocen that I nerver new. I like the part whaer it tels a about the squied that is biger then the gint squied. It olso takes about the sieting of sae mouster I really injoyed that part.
Blaine Nielsen
In this rsrch gdes it toks all a bout the stras crsas that live depe in the sea and a bout how they find ther food. And a bout a loot of talse of siting of sea monsters.
Callie Risse
This fun book contains a lot of facts about sea creatures. Most pages contain a black and white picture to help kids imagine the "monsters" described on the pages.
Monica
This book was about deep sea monsters. I like how it had a chapter on prehistoric seas and the fish in it. The chapter on supposed sea monsters was also good.
Kaylee
Mrs. Kromminga read it to me does that even count LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):)

KAYLEE
Krisha
I THINK THIS BOOK IS QUITE GOOD CAUSE IT HELPS IN KNOWLEDGE AND SCHOOL PROJECTS
Emily
Read with my 7 year old son who loves all things informational.
PWRL
Kk
Kk marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Melanie Stowell
Melanie Stowell marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Kalin McGuire
Kalin McGuire marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
CrazyReader
CrazyReader marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Rachelolivia
Rachelolivia marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Dimirtrina Urumova
Dimirtrina Urumova marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Priscilla
Priscilla is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2015
Maylin
Maylin marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Who Is Jane Goodall?
  • The Talking T. Rex (A to Z Mysteries, #20)
  • Baxter (The Puppy Place, #19)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)
  • Run for the Hills, Geronimo!
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Alexander Hamilton: the Outsider
  • Knight for a Day (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #5)
  • The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)
  • The Trojan Horse: How the Greeks Won the War
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)
Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1) The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2) Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3) Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4) Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)